Vitamin B12 shots

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
I take B complex now along with many other supplements currently but I was wondering if there would be an advantage to running vitamin B12 injectable in the spring when it's my sports season at college and if anyone has tried it and what doseages/ if I have to cut it with oils or something? Sorry couldn't search for old threads on my phone

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's already in an injectable form you don't have to cut it or anything. I liked it alright, nothing crazy special. I'd get straight b12 if at all possible but if it is complex be cognizant of the other Bs you are taking in.
One of my good friends swore by them for football so who knows. Bioavailability is definitely increased but in reality unless you are deficient you wont see anything dramatic IMO.

holmes215

holmes215

Awards
  • Established
OK thanks for the info, I have GNC b complex that doesnt seem to do a ton but looking into all my foods I get a good amount so I may just stay with what I have

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
OK thanks for the info, I have GNC b complex that doesnt seem to do a ton but looking into all my foods I get a good amount so I may just stay with what I have
Not really worth it at all. I don't even take a multi or b complex and my B12 is on the higher end range. Eat plenty of whole grains and you will get more then enough b12. Get your levels checked by the DR. so you know where your at and if your good don't bother with injections. They work better for OLD people.