taking a week off all supplements

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have decided to take a week off all supplements except for my post workout carbs/protein, including extra vitamins on top of my multi..... and im not gonna lie, its kinda buggin me lol im just feelin like not gonna recover as well and what not. I am chainging to higher reps with lower weights trying to feel contrations more as well. Not using a preworkout is def. killing me! but i have been takin those for years now lol

Has anyone else ever done this and how was it for u? Did you still gain? What problems did you ahve? How did you adjsut ur weights? routine?

Thanks for any insight and experiences!

justiceTX

justiceTX

Awards
  • Established
I do it pretty often. About to do it again in about 2 weeks. Just fininshed PM (sucked) and my 2nd tub of ASGT. I like taking breaks off supps and Pre-workouts and during the break trying not to drink any stims. Dont worry the week off your supps wont make u shrink. You will be fine. There is life without supps. Just eat right, get your protein with a muli. As for pre-workout I take in a good serving of carbs ( morning w/o oatmeal, afternoon w/o brown rice & chicken) and go to the gym hydrated. You dont need to change your routine. A lot of that stuff is in your head. Trust me u can have great workouts without a laundry list of supps.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea, jsut got back from my first workout with no pre workout and supps, amazing pump with the higher rep sets....better than ive felt in a while actually....maybe i really can do this haha

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do it every time i go out of town. I figure my body needs a break sometimes.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have decided to take a week off all supplements except for my post workout carbs/protein, including extra vitamins on top of my multi..... and im not gonna lie, its kinda buggin me lol im just feelin like not gonna recover as well and what not. I am chainging to higher reps with lower weights trying to feel contrations more as well. Not using a preworkout is def. killing me! but i have been takin those for years now lol

Has anyone else ever done this and how was it for u? Did you still gain? What problems did you ahve? How did you adjsut ur weights? routine?

Thanks for any insight and experiences!
There's nothing wrong with taking a week off all supplements but the basics - or even off ALL supplements altogether. One week is not going to make a difference, honestly, and if you think it does, then yeah, as someone already said, it's all in your head.

I've done this and was fine. You can definitely still make gains if you're aiming for them - I did. I didn't have any issues. And I didn't adjust my training at all either.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman