taking a week off all supplements - AnabolicMinds.com

taking a week off all supplements

1. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

taking a week off all supplements

I have decided to take a week off all supplements except for my post workout carbs/protein, including extra vitamins on top of my multi..... and im not gonna lie, its kinda buggin me lol im just feelin like not gonna recover as well and what not. I am chainging to higher reps with lower weights trying to feel contrations more as well. Not using a preworkout is def. killing me! but i have been takin those for years now lol

Has anyone else ever done this and how was it for u? Did you still gain? What problems did you ahve? How did you adjsut ur weights? routine?

Thanks for any insight and experiences!

2. AI Sports Nutrition

I would think about cycling off different supps at different time instead of all at once but that is just what I would do.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I do it pretty often. About to do it again in about 2 weeks. Just fininshed PM (sucked) and my 2nd tub of ASGT. I like taking breaks off supps and Pre-workouts and during the break trying not to drink any stims. Dont worry the week off your supps wont make u shrink. You will be fine. There is life without supps. Just eat right, get your protein with a muli. As for pre-workout I take in a good serving of carbs ( morning w/o oatmeal, afternoon w/o brown rice & chicken) and go to the gym hydrated. You dont need to change your routine. A lot of that stuff is in your head. Trust me u can have great workouts without a laundry list of supps.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yea, jsut got back from my first workout with no pre workout and supps, amazing pump with the higher rep sets....better than ive felt in a while actually....maybe i really can do this haha
  5. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

I do it every time i go out of town. I figure my body needs a break sometimes.
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    I have decided to take a week off all supplements except for my post workout carbs/protein, including extra vitamins on top of my multi..... and im not gonna lie, its kinda buggin me lol im just feelin like not gonna recover as well and what not. I am chainging to higher reps with lower weights trying to feel contrations more as well. Not using a preworkout is def. killing me! but i have been takin those for years now lol

Has anyone else ever done this and how was it for u? Did you still gain? What problems did you ahve? How did you adjsut ur weights? routine?

Thanks for any insight and experiences!
    There's nothing wrong with taking a week off all supplements but the basics - or even off ALL supplements altogether. One week is not going to make a difference, honestly, and if you think it does, then yeah, as someone already said, it's all in your head.

I've done this and was fine. You can definitely still make gains if you're aiming for them - I did. I didn't have any issues. And I didn't adjust my training at all either.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What supplements should i be taking?
    By TL01 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 09:21 AM
  2. What Supplements should I be taking?
    By wcn8tive in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:16 AM
  3. Should I take creatine while taking a week off?
    By Jim Mills in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 12:46 PM
  4. Taking supplements before bed?
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 11:40 AM
  5. Taking a week oFF, on cycle...
    By bullfx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 09:58 AM