GABA supplementation reviews/experiences?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.4%

GABA supplementation reviews/experiences?

Anyone used it and noticed any improvements?
    I took it once for a week and didn't care for the weird rush it gives you

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.06%

The first time I used the recommended dosage, I freaked right out. Couldn't breath, and my heart went nuts. Scared the crap out of me. Used smaller doses a couple of times after that, before bed, but stopped using it shortly after. I still have an unopened container of NP bulk for cheap if anyone is interested.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bsypher View Post
    Anyone used it and noticed any improvements?
    I took it once for a week and didn't care for the weird rush it gives you
    ive taken it numerous times before bed that i absolutely loved the effect on my relaxation and sleep, pair that with a great GH booster along the lines of EndoAmp max or HGHup and youll notice beenfits such as increased recovery, better sleep quality, a leaning out effect if you take it long enough....
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.8%

Currently use Gaba and ghenerate together. I only add it in on days i do heavy compound lifts. I always get a very deep and restfull sleep from them. Gaba really helps me calm down and fall asleep fast...i used to take it solo before bed (b4 ghenerate came around). Start with a low dosage and work your way up, otherwise it is likely you may get a sufficating sensation which can catch you off gaurd and probably a flush (similar to niacin).
  5. purebred

what doses are working for people?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%

Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    what doses are working for people?
    I take 2,5-3g but you should start with lower. I started with 1 and worked my way up 500mg extra each night until I reached 3. Never gone higher then that and never will
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

used for for two years every day..calmed me down and made me in a more mellow state while I was on it for two years

studies show 2 grams raises gh levels 5.5 x's for only 30 minutes after orally injesting it

I used to do 5 grams every night

studies have shown up to 18 grams is safe, I do not recommend over 5 grams

HGhPro contains 600 mgs gaba with other sleep supplements that has been helping me with my sleep while I am preparing for my next competition
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.05%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    used for for two years every day..calmed me down and made me in a more mellow state while I was on it for two years

studies show 2 grams raises gh levels 5.5 x's for only 30 minutes after orally injesting it

I used to do 5 grams every night

studies have shown up to 18 grams is safe, I do not recommend over 5 grams

HGhPro contains 600 mgs gaba with other sleep supplements that has been helping me with my sleep while I am preparing for my next competition

^^ I love how bodybuilders talk about sleep like it's an event--just goes to show how important this aspect of training is!

GABA is great stuff, first time users may be taken by the flush sensation as others have stated, but now you know about it and will know to just relax if it gets a little overwhelming. great for GH boost and deep sleep. Can also be used pre workout for GH. I started using it on my heavy days. I've also heard of it used with people who experience anxiety.

not to jack this thread but has anyone found a solid dose for pre workout gaba? I always err on the side of a low dose to avoid any lethargy or being too calm in the gym.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.37%

I hadve had good experiences at 2.25 gms preworkout and 3 at bed. Used this doseage for my PCT and it seemed to work well over the summer
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post

not to jack this thread but has anyone found a solid dose for pre workout gaba? I always err on the side of a low dose to avoid any lethargy or being too calm in the gym.
    nope tried it many times pre workout always made me too calm and inhibited. lessens aggression at least it felt that way . best used pre bed imo
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  194 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.4%

Great info! GABA better for sleep than from the consensus
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i prefer higher power nutrition's bulk GABA powder. about 1/2 teaspoonful before bed does the trick. calms me down, relaxes me, and makes it easy to drift off into a deep sleep. i use it on stressful days at work as well, but only take 1/4 teaspoonful a few times throughout the day. it works great to keep you calm and relaxed.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gaba
    By RReuphoria in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
  2. GABA help..
    By eneyman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 06:12 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 09:28 AM
  4. Gaba,