What are your favorite Fat Loss Supplements?

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
I just got my bf checked and I'm at 22% -- so I'm looking for help. What in your opinion are the best fat loss supplements? EC, ECY, Y, clen, or pre-mixed stuff like levorex, t-rex, hot rox....tri-max? T3?

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I just got my bf checked and I'm at 22% -- so I'm looking for help. What in your opinion are the best fat loss supplements? EC, ECY, Y, clen, or pre-mixed stuff like levorex, t-rex, hot rox....tri-max? T3?
EC, ECY, Clen, T3, Trimax are all good options but my question is are you losing fat on your current diet and training? If not you need get that worked out first. Supplements are a small part of the equation and overall results.

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
I am losing weight, on three days lifting four days cardio, 2 of them HIIT and 2 30 minutes moderate pace...I'm just not losing fast enough, and I have a **** load of love handles...

EC, ECY, Clen, T3, Trimax are all good options but my question is are you losing fat on your current diet and training? If not you need get that worked out first. Supplements are a small part of the equation and overall results.

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Most of what I have used is for appetite control and to give an energy boost cutting.

Day:
BSL GO (for preworkout energy)
Green Tea (for the caffeine alone)
Psyllium Husk (mixed in 1 liter container with 25g WPC80, as many shakes as needed for appetite, usually stop at 6 due to too much H20)
Vasopro E HCL + C

Night (mainly for appetite suppression):
Nicotine gum
Melatonin

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am losing weight, on three days lifting four days cardio, 2 of them HIIT and 2 30 minutes moderate pace...I'm just not losing fast enough, and I have a **** load of love handles...
Given your body fat percentage, you might take a look at some of the data from bodyrecomposition.com on protein sparing modified fasting (PSMF). You might could take some ideas from that to help you speed fatloss. Not advocating you actually do the fast, but....

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
spit-how is your diet? Honestly.....
I've been eating lots of chicken and salmon. It's not perfect but I should be losing more. No sugar.

Frankly, I've had love handles and a bit of chest fat for a while -- I guess I'm kind of skinny fat. I'm 6'0 and 176 and I've been working out for a year, I've never been considered fat and I def'ly don't look like I have 22% bf.

Any suggestions would be appreciated -- supplements, routine, etc. Do people think bodyrecomposition is good, as well?

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
how was this bodyfat measured?

Also i think you need to learn a little more on diet. I'm not saying dont use a fatburner by all means do so, but i think if you tweaked your diet you'd notice far better/faster results than leaving the diet the way it is and throwing in a fat burner.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Last Sept., I was 5'-11", 236lbs, over 22% b/f (had it measured a year prior). I had weight lifting experience, but had a 6 year layoff, or bulking season if you will. :D Currently, I am 210 and 11-12% b/f.

I began lifting with a co-worker and remembered how much I loved doing this. I then dove on in and haven't stopped. Basically, what I did was the following:
1) Training-
Weights: Three day split (M/W/F).
Cardio: 15 minutes after weight training, and 30 minutes on off days (T/Th/some Sat's).

2) Diet-
I cut almost all sugars out (sugared sodas/candy/etc). Where you would normally use sugar, I use Splenda. I Eat 5-7 small meals each day. I make sure the meals consist of protein/carbs or protein/fats. Drink tons of water. Make sure I eat good carbs (brown rice, oatmeal, yams, kashi, fresh veggies, whole wheat bread, etc.), and good fats (natty peanut butter, flax seeds, almonds, etc.) I have one good "cheat day" (or reward day) each week where I eat whatever I want.

3)Supplements-
Fish oil, Flax oil, Chromium, Green Tea, multi-vitamin, whey protein, creatine, branched chain amino acids. I do an EC stack at times, and will be adding some Y to it. I just began to cycle with Clen. My reason for doing the ECY and Clen is because I am trying to keep what muscle I have gained, while trying to get to my new goal of 10% b/f. Once I have done this, my next goal will be 8%. But, I'll save that one for next summer. ;)

The diet is the most important part. The timing of your meals, making sure you're not mixing the wrong foods (carbs and fats), and most importantly, making sure you're not starving yourself.

Search around on this board and you will find diets/routines/cycles that others have done, which will give you a good idea on what to do. If you post your diet, or a diet plan you are considering, the mods and members will give you sound advice on what needs tweaking.

Best of luck to you.

btatedash

Awards
if you really are 22% bf (and at 6' 176 i think that might be off), but if you are then you should be able to lose a good amount of fat just by lifting/cardio.

to answer your question, ecy is good, as is fish oil stacked with sesathin (by avant labs). i've also heard good things (but havent tried yet) ab-solved and lipoderm

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
The body fat was measured by digital calipers. I am actually thinking about doing a modified fast to get this fat down, lowering calories to 1200 a day mostly protein. I am also currently on an EC/Clen 2-week rotating cycles. Should I add Y? Any other thoughts? Thanks much for this, I'm trying to look like the guy in my avatar...

:)

Gary

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IMO, I don't think the clen would be needed at all at this point. At 1200 kcals/day, I would be more concerned about appetite suppression and sticking to the plan long enough to see a high degree of fat loss. I think a moderate dose of E/C was sugggested along with this plan to help prevent metabolic slowdown and limit catabolism in one stroke. How have you responded to very low calorie levels in the past? I think it is very important if you do this to pay close attention to when your metabolism crashes. At that point, such strong restriction would not be beneficial and you would need to have the dicipline to bump calories to maintenance level for a week or two without going hog wild. Just some stuff to think about...

Not quite the same thing, but William Lee had a month long keto diet experiment posted at the training journal section of avant labs. It went very well for him. Started out at a high bodyfat and ended with a ridiculous amount of fat loss over a one month time frame. A key point imo being that had really good appetite suppression and stuck it out. Rangeball I think also experienced little desire to overeat on the plan in his log at bodyrecomp.

Obviously at such low calorie levels, make sure to get extra vitamins/minerals/antioxidants etc along with fish oil for n-3's. Cover all bases if you plan to do this over an extended timeframe.

Edit: Also if you do end up running clen at some point for whatever reason (again, not remotely appropriate now), I would start at a mild caloric deficit and go by the books for a first time user and play it really safe.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
1200 cals a day??!

The answer to that is.......NO!

You really need two things from what I can tell: tweak your diet and have some patience!

You say you are losing weight. How much and how fast? "Not fast enough" why? Supplements are the easiest part IMO, then training, then diet. Sounds like your training is OK, supps can be modified easily through some of the recommendations above, but do some more research on your dieting.

What are your cals at, and what are your ratios? Until you nail this down (I would recommend fitday.com to track) help is hard to do.

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
I am not currently on a 1200 cal diet, I think I am around 2000. I have been eating principally 1 and a half chicken legs every three hours, some salmon and veggies. I started at around 180 a month ago and now I am at 171. I guess that's pretty good. I just am very concerned about these goddamned love handles and my chest fat. I have no definition and have always kept a layer of fat below my skin. It seems that I can see the top "four pack" beginning to peak out, but below that there seems to be an awful lot of flab. I def'ly can pinch an inch.

I am currently finishing up a two-week run of clen and am about to start EC. Are you guys saying that at this bodyfat level, clen is not effective or needed, or that at 1200cal clen is not necessary?

I am getting a scale this week and should be better able to nail down exactly
what's going into my body.

All your responses are much appreciated.

Gary

The answer to that is.......NO!

You really need two things from what I can tell: tweak your diet and have some patience!

You say you are losing weight. How much and how fast? "Not fast enough" why? Supplements are the easiest part IMO, then training, then diet. Sounds like your training is OK, supps can be modified easily through some of the recommendations above, but do some more research on your dieting.

What are your cals at, and what are your ratios? Until you nail this down (I would recommend fitday.com to track) help is hard to do.[/QUOTE]

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The body fat was measured by digital calipers. I am actually thinking about doing a modified fast to get this fat down, lowering calories to 1200 a day mostly protein. I am also currently on an EC/Clen 2-week rotating cycles. Should I add Y? Any other thoughts? Thanks much for this, I'm trying to look like the guy in my avatar...

:)

Gary
are you kidding me? Why wont you just spend a few hours and learn to diet properly, you weigh 176 at 22%? Come on man, read about dieting!

Or take the easy way out and sign up w/ bobo and let him train you, but by god, dont fast!

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you've lost 9lbs in a month, you're on track. You don't want to lose much more than 2lbs/week or you're sure to lose some muscle. Don't cut your cals to 1200 - you'll slow your metabolism horribly and stop losing weight. Keep exercising, research your diet and get set up on fitday. Above all, be patient, it takes time to change your body.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
who in the hell is that ethiopian in your avatar bro?

spitboy2000

Board Supporter
Awards
I had trouble finding anybody skinny enuff to fit in under 19kb! But I found someone else who's in much better shape.

who in the hell is that ethiopian in your avatar bro?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
9 lbs in a month is on track. You should shoot for in the area of 1-2 lbs a week. Anymore than that and you will probably go into catabolism.

Just set some goals for yourself. One long term, and one short term. Your long term goal should be what you want your end product to be. Your short term goal should be something attainable with some work. Each time you meet your short term goal, set a new one, until you get to your long term goal.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
if by fast you were refertring to the protein sparing modified fast (PSMF) people seem to be having good results with it. so i wouldn't rule that out. just find out what works for you, if you're getting results right now just stick with it. you've lost 9 lbs, hopefully mostly fat, those are great results.

if supps are helping you then by all means use them, just don't let them become your crutch.

gosox

Awards
fl7 or 7-court (topical 7oxo) helped me lose the fat around my muscle, wich it sound like u have.