small beta alanine concern

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I hear about people splitting their beta alanine dose throughout the day because it can be toxic if you take too much at once. Well, if your taking half doses twice a day for long periods, is their any research talking about wether or not toxicity can build up? This stuff has been around long enough to where we can assume it's not THAT toxic, but I still don't like the idea of my fitness supplements doing more harm than good.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Toxic? I know plenty of people who take 8grams at once...

manicstudio

Awards
8g at a time?! I split my 5g dose throughout my workout...str8 2.5 30min before and tha other half i place in my water jug sipping throughout. If i took 8g at once feel like fire ant is biting in my shorts...well anyplace my clothes touch n rub against flesh :moon:

BTW this Kilo i got on sale was so cheap and it seems like it would take me a lifetime to finish it off, and its top grade too...I started to say I knew this stuff was too good to be true and not read this post...sometimes ignorance is truly blissed.

maybe its a excitotoxin who knows

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Maby the toxic thing is a myth, but I've heard it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
8g at once? lol. might have to try that. just got a 500g packet through the door the other day :D

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why would taking amino acids be toxic? Can you explain or show me a study that aminos and protein is toxic espically in healthy males and females. Even then its just a di peptide so its in a pretty simple form. I am currently taking carnobolic and have no issues. Look at my log.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
who cares if it's toxic, this overwhelming health concern stuff is really starting to nag at me, if you wanna go anabolic at all or get swole, you have to do/have one of two things
1. good geines

2. the ability to make yourself a personal guinea pig and throw caution to the wind to some extent

and if you dont wanna get swole and just wanna be cut then you dont need beta alanine
if you must take any supp at all just protein and creatine

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Im the most muscular guy that I personally know, and I still practice the health concern game, although I do have fun with a few to many calores from time to time. I call it the Stallone method.

The only body building drugs he was caught with were two hormones that are perscribed to guys over 40, which would make him a candidate for a doctor to reccomend the stuff as medicine. I wanna stay as healthy as possible, so that even when Im older, and probably on hormone replacement I can keep moving forward. At some point, it has to come down to working harder.

On a seperate note, personally find fish oil and good multivitamins to be more useful than creatine, although I take that to.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
who cares if it's toxic, this overwhelming health concern stuff is really starting to nag at me, if you wanna go anabolic at all or get swole, you have to do/have one of two things
1. good geines

2. the ability to make yourself a personal guinea pig and throw caution to the wind to some extent

and if you dont wanna get swole and just wanna be cut then you dont need beta alanine
if you must take any supp at all just protein and creatine
The best is how scared people get and cry when they run superdrol and there liver enzymes go up! lmao

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
The best is how scared people get and cry when they run superdrol and there liver enzymes go up! lmao
I thought people were gonna start bashing me. It's good to see someone else gets annoyed by those type of comments.

kriege09

Awards
Is there a saturation point for the receptors for BA in the body? I heard somewhere it was 3 grams per dose but this is justword of mouth. I havent found any studies yet showing any kind of saturation dose.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
if they dont want their liver values to change maybe they shouldnt run sd.
i dont see how people can put chemicals and compounds into their bodies and then speak with the mentality of a health nut, its like a smoker starting a charity to benefit medical research to cure lung cancer.

and for another mind bomb
a kid on another board, not sure wich one, ran a rather interesting superdrol cycle
he even made a video on you tube making fun of pct
( not sure the videos title, i was researching ph's when i found it )
he ran a sd cycle, refused pct, had bloodwork done afterwords and 3 weeks after that
he was back to normal
no shut down
and 7lbs up lean
hmm mmm

kriege09

Awards
studies suggest 4-6g daily for athletes
so would takeing 4-6g at one time, have the same effect as takeing 1g 4x per day? For ex. GHRP-2 should only be dosed around 100mcg at a time....because that is the receptors saturation dose, and anything past that dose looses effect quickly. People take a total of 300-600+mcg a day of GHRP-2. So in the case of GHRP-2 300-600mcg at one time is not nearly as optimal as spaceing out the dosages in 100mcg incraments through out the day. So is there a similar rule/guidline for dosage of BA?

kriege09

Awards
above is correct.
the most common study used 6.4 grams per day and found that spreading the doses to 2-3 doses throughout the day was best.
There also seemed to be limited benefit in going over 6g throughout the day in other studies
Ha, that answers my question ^^^ Thanks!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why would taking amino acids be toxic? Can you explain or show me a study that aminos and protein is toxic espically in healthy males and females. Even then its just a di peptide so its in a pretty simple form. I am currently taking carnobolic and have no issues. Look at my log.
You seem to miss some information somewhere. High protein can be a problem with the kidneys not being able to excrete the waste fast enough damaging the kidneys.

If your piss is frothy in the toilet, time to dial protein back slightly. So yes, aminos/protein can be toxic.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love Beta Alanine. I do get the tingle feeling from using it, but it has been a great addition to my preWO.
If your ever interested in a BA product without the tingles and that uses the patented carnosyn raw ingredient, check out Peak Beta. I've got much better results off PB than most beta alanine products.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
I hear about people splitting their beta alanine dose throughout the day because it can be toxic if you take too much at once. Well, if your taking half doses twice a day for long periods, is their any research talking about wether or not toxicity can build up? This stuff has been around long enough to where we can assume it's not THAT toxic, but I still don't like the idea of my fitness supplements doing more harm than good.
there notTOXIC effect. not sure where you herd this i never have. spliting up dose will give less chance of that tingling feeling some get from a BIG dose of beta-a (this is not toxic) and also that seems splittign up dose threw the day worked better for building uplevels.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
so would takeing 4-6g at one time, have the same effect as takeing 1g 4x per day? For ex. GHRP-2 should only be dosed around 100mcg at a time....because that is the receptors saturation dose, and anything past that dose looses effect quickly. People take a total of 300-600+mcg a day of GHRP-2. So in the case of GHRP-2 300-600mcg at one time is not nearly as optimal as spaceing out the dosages in 100mcg incraments through out the day. So is there a similar rule/guidline for dosage of BA?
I believe after its built into the system, it won't matter, but at first I am sure that a dose of 4 grams would be more potent as opposed to 2grams. I believe suggested dosing increments are 2/2/2grams.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna take it. Like I said, I know this stuff isn't THAT toxic, but there is a differnce between PH toxicity, and "I come from a State with unhealthy water" toxicity. People always assume that if their friend did it, then it can only be good. Anyway, it seems like no one can find any real toxicity research. I just read about it in a message board.

naturalgainer

naturalgainer

Awards
  • Established
I dont know about toxicity either! I always get the tingle in my hands a lot though but it is good stuff!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
You seem to miss some information somewhere. High protein can be a problem with the kidneys not being able to excrete the waste fast enough damaging the kidneys.

If your piss is frothy in the toilet, time to dial protein back slightly. So yes, aminos/protein can be toxic.
This guy deserves a medal for actually using logic.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Is there a saturation point for the receptors for BA in the body? I heard somewhere it was 3 grams per dose but this is justword of mouth. I havent found any studies yet showing any kind of saturation dose.
I had a study that dosed from 1g to 4g/day, 2 doses split up and I recall over 4g a day had no better effect.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im gonna take it. Like I said, I know this stuff isn't THAT toxic, but there is a differnce between PH toxicity, and "I come from a State with unhealthy water" toxicity. People always assume that if their friend did it, then it can only be good. Anyway, it seems like no one can find any real toxicity research. I just read about it in a message board.
I agree with you. It should be safety first and efficacy second, in that order.