Phone call from FDA

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I got a call from FDA to day and they left a message saying they were calling regarding a product I purchased from muscle masters??? that is being investigated. Anyone else get the call or know what its about

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The are the parent of a few retailors, and of CEL.... I know CEL has had quite a bit of heat for their hormones... probably formulating a case against that parent company.

M

manbeast31

Awards
????? boy thats a strange one pretend you dont speak english lol but seriously what have you gotten lately that would warrant a call from those kill joys?:thinking:

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
have not ordered any cel since day before the ban, and on that day it might have involved around 50 bottles. I am not worried about it. I have been taken down by the drug task force before for juice so I am not worried about something I leagally purchased

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
next comes the ban and voluntary recall request
i think that's how it started last time... phones calls... followed by ban and recall

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
richard nixon declared a 'war on drugs' in 1971. judging by how available street drugs are today, i would have to say the fda has better things to do than investigate pro-hormones. at any rate if you judge them by how well they have done at getting drugs off the streets, i would say the fda is the barney fife of law enforcement. GO BARNEY-SHOOT THAT FOOT!!!

M

manbeast31

Awards
richard nixon declared a 'war on drugs' in 1971. judging by how available street drugs are today, i would have to say the fda has better things to do than investigate pro-hormones. at any rate if you judge them by how well they have done at getting drugs off the streets, i would say the fda is the barney fife of law enforcement. GO BARNEY-SHOOT THAT FOOT!!!
lol too funny but true by God cocaine isnt that bad but if you buy hormones LEGALLY they try to screw you more

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
yeah it is crazy for sure. we have one of the largest problems with perscription med in the country where I live, but all you hear is about the juice heads. Granted we do have one of the largest underground labs, but the juicers arent hurtin too many people compared to the pill heads

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
99% sure it is about Piractem (sp?), if you have purchased any. musclemasters = BN/1F400/lots of other places.

Maybe you bought like 10 kilos and they want to steal it from you!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yeah it is crazy for sure. we have one of the largest problems with perscription med in the country where I live, but all you hear is about the juice heads. Granted we do have one of the largest underground labs, but the juicers arent hurtin too many people compared to the pill heads
you ever heard any head of government agency talk-geez, it's a wonder we aren't in much worse shape than we are in. our leaders SUCK!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
99% sure it is about Piractem (sp?), if you have purchased any. musclemasters = BN/1F400/lots of other places
mike gave us a headsup on it about a month ago, knew it was coming.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
99% sure it is about Piractem (sp?), if you have purchased any. musclemasters = BN/1F400/lots of other places.

I gotta got out and get my kilo of this stuff

but thats pretty scary if they're calling up ppl about what supps they buy.. can you call that invasion of privacy and where did they get your number anyway?

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Next time they call tell them stop harrasing you or you'll call the police hahahaha

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's probably related to the M-Drol lawsuit and any/all purchases from CEL.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established

never purchased any of that

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I gotta got out and get my kilo of this stuff

but thats pretty scary if they're calling up ppl about what supps they buy.. can you call that invasion of privacy and where did they get your number anyway?
I have no idea how they got my number. I got some letters in the mail a few months back

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no idea how they got my number. I got some letters in the mail a few months back
They're the gub-ment. They can haz ALL y'all numbas! :lol:

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Keep us updated!

Def weird stuff. I know they got some negative FDA attention from the piractem hence my guess...but now IDK!

Honestly they might just be calling you to tell you something like "we just wanted u to know that this product u purchased it being recalled. Or is dangerous. Or something dumb like that

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Keep us updated!

Def weird stuff. I know they got some negative FDA attention from the piractem hence my guess...but now IDK!

Honestly they might just be calling you to tell you something like "we just wanted u to know that this product u purchased it being recalled. Or is dangerous. Or something dumb like that
i rest much easier knowing our government is so concerned with our health and welfare-YEAH RIGHT!!!

if you dig deep it becomes apparent that the government is working against it's people, hell you don't have to dig very deep to come to that conclusion. as a veteran, i have become very ashamed of our government.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
OP are you sure this was not a prank call from one of your friends or a radio station? :)

I've gotten emails about recalled CEL products but never heard of a phone call from anyone.... unless you bought a ton of this stuff and even then I've not heard of sites or comp being asked to hand over buyers information.

big Tom, its Friday my man... lets all take a chill pill and enjoy the sun shine :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
OP are you sure this was not a prank call from one of your friends or a radio station? :)

I've gotten emails about recalled CEL products but never heard of a phone call from anyone.... unless you bought a ton of this stuff and even then I've not heard of sites or comp being asked to hand over buyers information.

big Tom, its Friday my man... lets all take a chill pill and enjoy the sun shine :D
lol, me and my opinions.:cheers:

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do keep us updated. Also whats the deal with the Piracetam? I have considered trying it, is this something I should grab sooner than later to avoid a ban?

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
then there's this:
Gaspari Nutrition Inc. announced a voluntary national recall of all lots of its Novedex XT, which was marketed as a dietary supplement to “increase natural testosterone production." The product contains 3,17-keto-etiocholtriene, or ATD, an aromatase inhibitor that stops the body’s production of estrogen. FDA informed the company it does not believe 3,17-keto-etiochol-triene is a dietary ingredient, making the product adulterated. Several similar recalls of products containing ATD were announced in September 2010.
FDA informed Gaspari Nutrition of potential adverse events associated with the use of anti-aromatases, including infertility, adrenal insufficiencies, and kidney and liver dysfunction. The agency concluded products containing aromatase inhibitors are likely to cause adverse reactions in at-risk consumers, including those with liver, kidney, adrenal or prostate concerns.

i know they stopped making the stuff a while back... but now they're actually doing the voluntary recall...

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
then there's this:
Gaspari Nutrition Inc. announced a voluntary national recall of all lots of its Novedex XT, which was marketed as a dietary supplement to “increase natural testosterone production." The product contains 3,17-keto-etiocholtriene, or ATD, an aromatase inhibitor that stops the body’s production of estrogen. FDA informed the company it does not believe 3,17-keto-etiochol-triene is a dietary ingredient, making the product adulterated. Several similar recalls of products containing ATD were announced in September 2010.
FDA informed Gaspari Nutrition of potential adverse events associated with the use of anti-aromatases, including infertility, adrenal insufficiencies, and kidney and liver dysfunction. The agency concluded products containing aromatase inhibitors are likely to cause adverse reactions in at-risk consumers, including those with liver, kidney, adrenal or prostate concerns.

i know they stopped making the stuff a while back... but now they're actually doing the voluntary recall...
I like their timing... lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man goes beserk and kills 3 after drinking a protein shake, fda spokesperson on the scene say's inquiries into banning all protein supplements will begin immediately.
supposedly the unidentified man has a history of abusing protein, often using 3 scoops instead of the recommended 1 to 2 scoops. fda says the potential for abuse is unlimited, and are fearful some may actually build up to the deadly 4 scoop dose.

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the fda later states, "if only the man had been taking cell-tech, this unfortunate act of brutality could have been avoided"

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
then there's this:

Well, ATD is a synthetic molecule isn't it? It makes sense that they don't whant it to be marketed as nutrition. Ill only get pissed when they ban natural molecules. I don't know anything about CEL though.

M

Mac45

Awards
MuscleMaster Conducts a Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Certain Body Building Products

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Northborough, MA – January 15, 2010 – MuscleMaster, Inc. ("MuscleMaster") announced today that it is conducting a voluntary nationwide recall of all lots and expiration dates of the seventeen below listed dietary supplements sold between June 1, 2009 and November 17, 2009 (hereinafter "Recalled Products").

FDA informed MuscleMaster that it believes that the Recalled Products contain ingredients that are steroids. Specifically, FDA advised MuscleMaster of its concern that the Recalled Products may contain the following ingredients that are currently classified, or the FDA believes should be classified, as steroids: "Superdrol," "Madol," "Tren," "Androstenedione," and/or "Turinabol." While MuscleMaster cannot independently confirm the FDA's concerns, that any one or more of the Recalled Products in fact contain these ingredients, MuscleMaster is undertaking this voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution and in deference to FDA’s stated concerns.

Acute liver injury is known to be a possible harmful effect of using steroid-containing products. In addition, steroids may cause other serious long-term adverse health consequences in men, women, and children. These include shrinkage of the testes and male infertility, masculinization of women, breast enlargement in males, short stature in children, a higher predilection to misuse other drugs and alcohol, adverse effects on blood lipid levels, and increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and death.

MuscleMaster is recalling the following products:

Advanced Muscle Science Dienedrone, 60 caps
Advanced Muscle Science Liquidrone, 60 ml
Anabolic Formulation M1, 4AD, 60 caps
Anabolic Formulations 1, 4 AD, 60 caps
Anabolic Xtreme Hyperdrol X2
Anabolic Xtreme 3-AD, 90 caps
BCS Labs Testra-Flex, 90 caps
Competitive Edge Labs M-Drol, 90 Caps
Competitive Edge Labs P-Plex, 90 caps
Competitive Edge Labs X-Tren, 90 caps
4Ever Fit D-Drol, 60 caps
Gaspari Novedex XT 60 Caps
Gaspari Halodrol Liquigels, 60 gels
iForce 1,4 AD BOLD 200, 60 Caps
iForce MethaDROL, 90 caps
iForce Dymethazine, 60 caps
Monster Caps, 60 caps

MuscleMaster has not received any complaints of illness or injury regarding these products. FDA is concerned the products may present a safety risk to consumers who ingest them. MuscleMasteris an internet retailer and did not manufacture or formulate these products. MuscleMaster decision to implement this recall is not, and should not be construed as, an admission that their decision to sell these products was in violation of the law. In addition it is not, and should not be construed as, an admission that these products are not in compliance with the law. This recall is solely a reflection of MuscleMaster deference to the FDA’s stated concerns with these products.

Customers who have these products in their possession should stop using them immediately and contact their physician if they have experienced any problems that may be related to using one or more of the products.

Consumers should return any unused products purchased on the Company’s site to the Company.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can someone please enlighten me to why Hyperdrol X2 is on there?

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anything that was tested which contained 6-Bromo showed up on the list.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks.

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're welcome.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I got a call from FDA to day and they left a message saying they were calling regarding a product I purchased from muscle masters??? that is being investigated. Anyone else get the call or know what its about
A bunch of different websites recv'd a warning letter from the FDA a while back when the public health advisory was issued concerning prohormones, so they are still being looked at- they are owned by a parent co. that owns a bunch of different websites, and several of them have also received warning letters. The reasoning for the call probably has to do with investigating adverse events- they want to know if you had any type of issues with the product, and if they can correlate other adverse events in their database with the same product....

You don't have to respond unless they send you something in writing....

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Man getting a call from FDA! That gotta be fukking creepy.

P

phoenix25

Awards
yup, saw that about novedex xt. happened b/c a NY cop tested positive after using novedex xt. dumbass. it says it might cause a false positive on the bottle. apparently that didn't matter

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
E

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see these retailers keeping an adequate list of purchases made by their customers. And even better to see them so readily hand it over to government agencies.