Always wondered about this....

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
Will taking a pre workout before lest say, a test help you. Since most pre workouts help you with focus. I have always wondered if this would work the same in doing a test. Let me hear your thoughts. Btw i dont mean it will make you smarted, just help you concentrate.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will taking a pre workout before lest say, a test help you. Since most pre workouts help you with focus. I have always wondered if this would work the same in doing a test. Let me hear your thoughts. Btw i dont mean it will make you smarted, just help you concentrate.
If it has stimulants in it, then yes, it can help you focus - I know that RPM definitely helped me when I was studying. It does depend on the product, though.

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
Some of the best scores I received on my biochemistry tests, were acheived after a heavily stimulated lifting session. I dont think going into hyperdrive with 4 scoops of jacked right before a test is going to help much though.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^Energy AND Focus Supp :D

From the Motivate product write up

1) Schizandra extract
a. Acts as a nervous system stimulant, which results in increased flex response and mental alertness.

b. Schizandra is also a potent adaptogen, helping the body to deal with day to day stress
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/motivate-120-caps.html
I think it's on sale right now too.

FWIIW, I only use TWO capsules at time when I take Motivate for study purposes. If I'm studying for a long time, I'll take two capsules and then two more 3-4 hours later. I don't know if I'm normal though. I used to take 20mg-40mg of ephedrine with 200mg of caffeine while studying...and I loved it!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i've taken preworkouts before studying for tests but i don't think i took them before a test....but i do however know a friend who swears by taking jack3d before he goes out at night as to making him more social

i have also taken "motivate" before long car drives and things like that for some extra alertness

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^Energy AND Focus Supp :D

From the Motivate product write up

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/motivate-120-caps.html
I think it's on sale right now too.

FWIIW, I only use TWO capsules at time when I take Motivate for study purposes. If I'm studying for a long time, I'll take two capsules and then two more 3-4 hours later. I don't know if I'm normal though. I used to take 20mg-40mg of ephedrine with 200mg of caffeine while studying...and I loved it!
I also feel 2 caps was the sweet spot for me.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yeah. And since you asked about Jacked, I will have to add that it does have ingredients for focus too. It has Schizandrol A for that. I haven't tried it, but it has Schizandrol A and Geranium, so I'd be willing to try it for what you're asking about.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I usually take a low dose of ephedrine before I do intense studying or before exams. Really gets my brain ticking

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Motivate is good, I've used 2 caps and found that to be my "sweet spot" as it has been for many others.

Another great option is LG's E-911.... it is absorbed sublingually so it kicks in ridiculously fast and delivers quite good focus and energy. And its minty ;)