Just started taking ASGT

drvinnybombat

Awards
and I can't feel anything in terms of a stimulant. I had been taking Jack3d at 2 scoops and it worked very well. I took a few days off then started ASGT and AP and I've been tired and have had poor workouts(I have noticed more pump tough).

I take the ASGT(2 scoops) about 1 hour after a medium size meal, and 1 hour before workout, then I take the Pump(1 Scoop) about 10 min before I start. NO Xplode, White Flood and Jack3d have all worked fine for me in the past, Jack3d being the best.

I know everyone responds a bit differently, but is it even possible for every pre-workout to hit me with the stimulants except AS? It's different, but it's not THAT different.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How m,any days a week were you taking Jacked?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and I can't feel anything in terms of a stimulant. I had been taking Jack3d at 2 scoops and it worked very well. I took a few days off then started ASGT and AP and I've been tired and have had poor workouts(I have noticed more pump tough).

I take the ASGT(2 scoops) about 1 hour after a medium size meal, and 1 hour before workout, then I take the Pump(1 Scoop) about 10 min before I start. NO Xplode, White Flood and Jack3d have all worked fine for me in the past, Jack3d being the best.

I know everyone responds a bit differently, but is it even possible for every pre-workout to hit me with the stimulants except AS? It's different, but it's not THAT different.

give time to the body to process the food completely so use 3 hours apart of food (eat 3 hours later down ASGT)

Boatcop1

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you have built up yourself a tolerance to stims. I found myself taking WF everyday for almost two months strait, It really wasn't even doing anything for me but I was still taking it anyway. I am now going on week 2 Stim free and I feel fantastic. I am going to take another 2 weeks off before i start WF again. I would take 2-4 weeks off and then start up again and see what that does. Good luck.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
giving your body a break from stims is important.. with that being said, ASGT is time effect product, I don't get all stimmed out when I dose it, only when I dose it heavy..i do have an energy surge, but with ASGT you should be looking at the profile and not the stim effect;), which is the bread & butter!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly. Jacked is a very potent stim, and 4-5+ days a week of that most likely conditioned your body to expect a sledge-hammer stim effect. ASGT is the smoothest stim I've tried, so don't expect wild rush of jitteriness.

That being said, you can step up to 2 scoops ASGT, or even 3. I'd rather see you stick with 1 scoop, and allow your body to get used to a more subdued level of stimulation, or even take a month off, hit the Rest AD, and come back to enjoy ASGT's effects, but whatever floats your boat.

I, personally, abhor the current trend in 1,3d/super-stim pre-workouts. Long term, it's just not good for health and gains.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Exactly. Jacked is a very potent stim, and 4-5+ days a week of that most likely conditioned your body to expect a sledge-hammer stim effect. ASGT is the smoothest stim I've tried, so don't expect wild rush of jitteriness.

That being said, you can step up to 2 scoops ASGT, or even 3. I'd rather see you stick with 1 scoop, and allow your body to get used to a more subdued level of stimulation, or even take a month off, hit the Rest AD, and come back to enjoy ASGT's effects, but whatever floats your boat.

I, personally, abhor the current trend in 1,3d/super-stim pre-workouts. Long term, it's just not good for health and gains.

Both has Shizandra (is a Adaptogen and also stimulates CNS) so the stim effect is irrelevant.

drvinnybombat

Awards
Some follow up...

I have been taking a lot of Jack3d, 5 days a week for 2 months with three 5-7 day breaks in there. But it is still is effective at 1-2 scoops. I'm just saying, if I took Jack3d tomorrow it would work and ASGT would do nothing stim-wise.

Also, I cant wait 3 hours after eating to take the supp, wait an hour, workout for an hour and drive home. Thats 5-6 without eating.

Generally, a week of once a month keeps down my tolerance. I'm also off them 2 or 3 months a year. I've never gone to 3 scoops of anything.

I'm due for an off stim 3 weeks, so I'll give it another try next month. But I've never had a stim that did nothing before, even years back when I would totally over do NO Xplode because I didn't know about cycling...I still felt something.

cpm917

Awards
I am there with you. The stims in ASGT do nothing for me. I used to party pretty hard back in the day so I guess I am looking for a punch! :) I was a big Jack3D user as well before I bought two tubs of ASGT. However, after about a week of using the product I actually like the way it feels. I think you need to take the reps advise above and look at the profile. That is what this product is all about. Do not get it for the stims. This product has started to change my mind on real stimmed out PWO. I think over the last few months I was developing a crutch with Jack3d. I did not want to go to the gym without it. Looking back I think this could have developed into a big hurdle to keep a consistenet work out routine over the long term.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
it takes about 30 minutes for ASGT to kick in for me, but it's a smooth ride! jack3d has me balls to the wall in 30 min, but that's not always what I want.

also, try a couple weeks on reset AD...that stuff really helps get my stim tolerance back down!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1,3 is as close to ephedra as anything comes, and that's some potent stuff. ASGT is not about 'jacking' you on stims. If your body is used to 2 scoops of Jacked 5 days a week, well, ASGT isn't going to fill that stim void (and that's actually a good thing, IMO).

Try using ASGT daily for 2-3 weeks (at least 5 days a week), and see how you feel. ASGT provides some good aggression, power, and endurance, and the added bonus of lower estrogen and a bit more test should be well apparent. And like I said, you can certainly double up to 2 scoops on hard days.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1,3 is as close to ephedra as anything comes, and that's some potent stuff. ASGT is not about 'jacking' you on stims. If your body is used to 2 scoops of Jacked 5 days a week, well, ASGT isn't going to fill that stim void (and that's actually a good thing, IMO).

Try using ASGT daily for 2-3 weeks (at least 5 days a week), and see how you feel. ASGT provides some good aggression, power, and endurance, and the added bonus of lower estrogen and a bit more test should be well apparent. And like I said, you can certainly double up to 2 scoops on hard days.
if you're a stim junkie: ASGT + Anadraulic Pump FTW!

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
so what are the health side affects if you keep taking say Jacked for many months with no breaks??? Reason being is that I don't think I could workout without anything PWO..I'm hooked

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Geranium is a strong (Eli Lilly apparently tested it in the 40's, and classified it as somewhat less strong than amphetamines; how much, who knows) CNS stimulant. CNS fatigue hinders strength, power, and recovery.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it takes about 30 minutes for ASGT to kick in for me, but it's a smooth ride! jack3d has me balls to the wall in 30 min, but that's not always what I want.

also, try a couple weeks on reset AD...that stuff really helps get my stim tolerance back down!
reset ad+asgt=win

TxHomeGrown

Awards
I always had to take half a caffeine pill with 2 scoops of ASGT to really get an effect.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
It used to be that caffeine was the ingredient that would make your heart beat faster, and the other ingredients in a preworkout would basically wake up the mind. Now, it's all about how fast they can make your heart go.

Even ASGT has synephrine, which should still make you pump a little faster than something with just caffeine. I wish LG would just release a stim free version of this stuff.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I won't disagree, kingdong, I'm a huge fan of stim-free pre-workout formulas. That being said, I'm very happy with asgt's stim level. Super smooth, and no negative cardio effects.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I won't disagree, kingdong, I'm a huge fan of stim-free pre-workout formulas. That being said, I'm very happy with asgt's stim level. Super smooth, and no negative cardio effects.
i don't mind extra stimulation for cardio, but when i lift heavy stims make my heart feel like it will explode.

for those wanting more stim effect, i like a couple of rpm's with asgt-they go great together, imo.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, with the protein so low, and the creatine content that's listed below to of the herbal complexes, I wish they would make a product that was just the herbs not ncluding the stims. It could be like 4-5$ cheaper, and the user could mix it with anything.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Let's just say I don't get laid much, but when I do, I'm confident with what Im working with.
lol-confidence is a good thing.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some follow up...

I have been taking a lot of Jack3d, 5 days a week for 2 months with three 5-7 day breaks in there. But it is still is effective at 1-2 scoops. I'm just saying, if I took Jack3d tomorrow it would work and ASGT would do nothing stim-wise.

Also, I cant wait 3 hours after eating to take the supp, wait an hour, workout for an hour and drive home. Thats 5-6 without eating.

Generally, a week of once a month keeps down my tolerance. I'm also off them 2 or 3 months a year. I've never gone to 3 scoops of anything.

I'm due for an off stim 3 weeks, so I'll give it another try next month. But I've never had a stim that did nothing before, even years back when I would totally over do NO Xplode because I didn't know about cycling...I still felt something.
That doesnt make any sense to me. A stimulant is a stimulant. I can understand the the stimulant complex is not as strong as Jacked but getting wired off of 2 scoops of Jacked and feeling NOTHING from ASGT doesn't sound right.

With that said, ASGT is not for everyone. What works for 5 people you know, doesnt mean it will produce the same results for you.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That doesnt make any sense to me. A stimulant is a stimulant. I can understand the the stimulant complex is not as strong as Jacked but getting wired off of 2 scoops of Jacked and feeling NOTHING from ASGT doesn't sound right.

With that said, ASGT is not for everyone. What works for 5 people you know, doesnt mean it will produce the same results for you.
it works for me!!!

nerdalert

Awards
I have been taking ASGT for about a month and I have to pound a cup of coffee before I workout to get the desired effect out of it. I absolutley HATE the taste of it but I do get crazy pumps from it. I had been using Superpump or N2KTS before I bought this for comparison.

TonyMaserati

TonyMaserati

Awards
I guess I don't really take ASGT for the stim effect, but more for the pumps/recomp it's doing to my body. My bf is down and the pumps are insane. Soemthings working. Wont stop taking it.

I used to love jack3d, but it stopped feeling the same so I tried ASGT.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1hr is not long enough. You should take it AT LEAST 1.5hrs after a meal, 2-2.5hrs being optimal.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I'm real sensitive to stims, and ASGT is real easy going for me. I love the smell of it!! Granted, I'm weird, but the results after about a month were good. I take it about 30 minutes before I hit the gym, and about 2-3hours after a meal or shake. It's good that the stim effect isn't too strong, as I'm on nights now, so I crash after working out. If I need that extra oomph, I just pop a Ready4War cap. I'm happy with ASGT.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
giving your body a break from stims is important.. with that being said, ASGT is time effect product, I don't get all stimmed out when I dose it, only when I dose it heavy..i do have an energy surge, but with ASGT you should be looking at the profile and not the stim effect;), which is the bread & butter!
Agreed, ASGT is different. It's not just a stim based pre to crack you out pre workout. the psarm complex is working behind the scenes along with the anti-e creating a more favorable anabolic environment.

that being said it sounds like you might need a break from stims.