Dextrose and creatine?

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
dextrose?

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]My bro is going to start useing creatine so he orderd some dextrose,and is going to use my left over gnc creatine how much should he use with he's prework out mix?????

the mix will be

creatine 5g
taurine 2g
dextrose??
in 8-12oz of gartoarde
[/font]

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
How big is he? You'll be fine with 35g-50g post workout. That will be enough. Most creatine 'transport' drinks out therer contains 75grams per 10g of creatine but that much carbs, i dont find it really necessary. In fact, im for low GI carb post workout since my pre-workout nutrition carries me through. You'll get a few different number of grams of dextrose to be used but like i mentioned, ill go no more than 50g unless your brother is a monster.
Sage

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
How big is he? You'll be fine with 35g-50g post workout. That will be enough. Most creatine 'transport' drinks out therer contains 75grams per 10g of creatine but that much carbs, i dont find it really necessary. In fact, im for low GI carb post workout since my pre-workout nutrition carries me through. You'll get a few different number of grams of dextrose to be used but like i mentioned, ill go no more than 50g unless your brother is a monster.
Sage
His stats 5'10 150lbs!! so about 35g would do?

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
dextrose?

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]My bro is going to start useing creatine so he orderd some dextrose,and is going to use my left over gnc creatine how much should he use with he's prework out mix?????

the mix will be

creatine 5g
taurine 2g
dextrose??
in 8-12oz of gartoarde
[/font]
I think its better if he uses it Post work out...One reason for the dextrose is not only creatine transport, but replaces the sugar you body lost during the workout quicly...throw in some whey if you got it too

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
didnt see that. yea bro, take it post
Sage

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Also...no reason to have dextrose AND gatorade. They do the same thing, and IMO dextrose is better and cheaper...unless your going for the electrolytes and that is only necessary in long extended sessions.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
So this look good then
8oz of water
whey protein
creatine
dextrose
taurine
POST WORKouT
Should he do the loading stage or skip it????

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So this look good then
8oz of water
whey protein
creatine
dextrose
taurine
POST WORKouT
Should he do the loading stage or skip it????
If you load, the muscles will be saturated faster, but they will also get there if you don't....IMO laoding is just a way the supp companies make more money

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
if he has a tendency to put on fat easily then i'd recommend staying away from dextrose altogether....even around workout time!!

Jag

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As someone stated above, Gatorade already has the carbs you need for the insulin spike and creatine uptake enhancement.

I use Dextorse with Kool-aid mix and Creatine (and taurine and arginine and IP6 in the mix and pop an ALA cap before consumption). Dextrose is only about half or less sweet as sugar. My mix kicks massive ass, IMHO; equal to Swole or similar, and costs about 1/10th or less.