Lipotropic Protein review LG Sciences - Best value I know of! - AnabolicMinds.com

Lipotropic Protein review LG Sciences - Best value I know of!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lipotropic Protein review LG Sciences - Best value I know of!

With rising protein costs I am looking for some alternatives, and finally decided to try out Lipotropic Protein by LG Sciences.

Lets look at the ingrediant Label:
    Ingredients:
    Betaine Anhydrous, Cocoa Powder, Taurine, Lecithin, Inulin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Protein Blend (Genus Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Protein Isolate)

Ingrediants=9
    This is a good ingredient profile. Its not all high end expensive whey isolate, but to tell you the truth all I ever really care for in plain concentrate anyways at minimum. In my opinion expensive proteins are a bit overrated for the money you pay. The amino acid profile in impressive, and the Genus protein is one of a kind in the market today. "Genus protein contains advanced poly-phenols that can help the body ramp up thermogenesis, but we've also added in Betaine which has been used in food products to support the conversion of nutrients to muscle vs. fat.*" Im always looking to slim down so this is a definite bonus.

Taste=8
    The taste is pretty good. It taste natural (i used chocolate flavor) and the ingredients are simple. The only reason for the lower score is that its a bit liquidy and I only use water for my protein. I can make a creamier texture by reducing the amount of water, but then I have less of a drink to enjoy. Still...If there are doubts about the flavor still because of the original genus only protein, I would say there is nothing to worry about. It tastes good, and smells good. Its not perfect but I like it. Just wish LG can work on improving the thickness more than anything.

Packaging=10
    I love the bottles. Every company on the planet makes bottles that are bigger than the amount of protein it had to give the illusion of more product. LG sciences makes the perfect fit. 5lbs fits almost to the top of the bottle, and is more compact to fit in my limited space. The design looks well and modern.

Value=11
    Straight up, I give this an 11. At a time where protein costs are going through the roof, LG Sciences created a protein with an impressive profile and have managed to keep the costs at under $30 (only $29.99 where i shop). This price is for a whole 5lbs container, also at a time where protein companies are making their old 5lb containers 4lbs here and there.

I cannot say how happy I am with this product. This is a new staple protein of mine, and will help me save money so I can purchase other bodybuilding supplements in my budget. In my opinion its the best deal on the market, and its everything I need in a protein.

Overall Rating is high because of its tremendous value:
    Overall 9.5

Im not kidding, I will repeat myself, This is the best value on the market for protein. Im sure we will see it on sale time to time, and that would be straight crazy.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

I agree on all counts. I tried it a while back, and as much as I wanted to like it, the taste was burdensome. I'm nearly finished with my first tub of the new and improved version, vanilla flavor, and I LOVE it. It's not a straight vanilla flavor, but like malted milk, and though the genus is there, it's mild and pleasant (in the world of beans, i'd say garbanzo, not green pea). The texture is a bit more food-like, to me (I mix in water), less gummy than whey or whey/casein blends. It's very satisfying. I LOVE the ingredient profile, IMO, the best on the market.

I'm not looking forward to the end of the vanilla. I'm going to try Chocolate next, which I'm sure will be awesome, but I'll miss the vanilla.
  3. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

as far as protein is concerned i think high quality protein is way over-rated, especially for the money.

this profile is definitely better that just concentrate anyways, so im very happy and have nothing to complain about the formula.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

I'm a HUGE fan of protein blends, and not a fan of isolate (IMO concentrate is superior to isolate, ha). This blend is the best blend around, ingredients-wise, and now that it tastes good, I'm a happy camper.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Wow 29.99 for 5lbs. that's a good price. Nice review
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

I can't stomach this
  7. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne310 View Post
    I can't stomach this
    which one did you use, the old version or this newer version?

most people seemed to hate the original version, it kept me from buying it.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

new choc pb...super sweet and I may be allergic to it
  9. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne310 View Post
    new choc pb...super sweet and I may be allergic to it
    i see, i used only the chocolate so far...

choc pb has been a hard flavor more some companies to pull off.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

i also like lipotropic protein, the taste isn't bad and any protein that can help with fat loss is ok in my book, the digestion rate of the protein is supposed to be superior to whey as well

however i don't feel like you get to many servings, 5 lbs is 5lbs but i blow threw 5lbs of this way to quickly and think you might not get the quality but can def. find 5 lbs of protein for the same price that will last longer
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Gotti, a 5lb tub has 69 scoops, with a high 26gr protein per scoop! Gr for gr, you're getting more protein than most other proteins, which may have 70-75 scoops, but only 21-23gr protein per scoop.

If it disappears faster than usual for you, it MUST be the taste.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.

I recently tried this one. Like it alot. Taste isn't that bad really. Takes a few times to get used to it but I've had much much worse. Can't beat the price either.
  13. New Member

I'm about two weeks into a new 5lb tub and honestly I am so impressed with this stuff. I dont no about its claims or effectiveness, but this stuff taste so good for the price. I am really big on trying new things and think Lipotropic protein is really a potential sleeper product that could be a winner.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.

Thanks for the review man! Glad this is such a well received protein now
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I love the stuff! Just ordered my 8th 5lb tub. Can't beat it.
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Nice post, AX!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have my Choc-Peanut Butter coming today and I am anxious to try it. My first run with the older version of chocolate was not good I have to admit but we shall see if that changes here later today. I have to agree with AX1 and Poison, profile is top notch for the price. You have to pay a minimum of $10 more for something like Myofusion or even Pro Complex by ON, both of which don't have a better profile. I see this as a completely versatile protein that can be used at any time during the day or at night due to the various proteins in it. Fits perfect into my nightime protein, cottage cheese, peanut butter concoction that is freaking tasty by the way!
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The chocolate is the only protein I use any more. I picked up some Dymatize Whey for the wife and I CANNOT stand it - the stuff tastes like amoxicillin; chalky, artificial, with a horrendous aftertaste. She likes it, so she can have it.

Me, I'll stick with my Chocolate Lipotropic - 3 scoops plus 2 TBSP PB plus 1 TBSP of Cocoa = breakfast of beasts (on a cut).
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  244 lbs.

I love the chocolate flavor but i guess i have a few old vanillas left and they are not very good. I can drink them I just prefer others. But I agree the Chocolate is an amazing deal.
  20. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i am drinking a vanila shake of the stuff as i type this, i like it and i like the profile. most of all the price is great.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just got mine in, besides a slight misprint on the label, I am really happy with it. Going to be having some of it later tonight.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  22. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo97 View Post
    I love the chocolate flavor but i guess i have a few old vanillas left and they are not very good. I can drink them I just prefer others. But I agree the Chocolate is an amazing deal.
    If you have the old vanilla's, don't hesitate to try the new. It's tasty.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  218 lbs.

Excellent review AX. I recently tried the Choc-Peanut butter and love it. I mix it with my coffee..Makes for a great breakfast.

Vanilla up next!
  24. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

i def want to try both the vanilla and choco-peanut butter soon.
  25. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by FlexW99 View Post
    Excellent review AX. I recently tried the Choc-Peanut butter and love it. I mix it with my coffee..Makes for a great breakfast.

Vanilla up next!
    I like to add instant coffee to my vanila-nice little wake up.
  26. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    I like to add instant coffee to my vanila-nice little wake up.
    instant coffee?? wtf?? thats like drinking those crazy tiny little fruit drinks without any fruit juice in it.

i brew starbucks at home!
  27. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Starbucks????
  28. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    instant coffee?? wtf?? thats like drinking those crazy tiny little fruit drinks without any fruit juice in it.

i brew starbucks at home!
    not liquid coffee, i dump a spoonful in my shake. try that with starbucks, lol.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

INSTANT????

For shame. Ax1 doesn't know, but you....you....KNOW.
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  31. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

not liquid coffee, i dump a spoonful in my shake. try that with starbucks, lol.
    oh yeahh!!

starbucks has instant coffee now, so i got ya there again....lol

actually its pre-sweetened so i cant drink it. i hope they have a diet version out soon.
  32. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

oh yeahh!!

starbucks has instant coffee now, so i got ya there again....lol

actually its pre-sweetened so i cant drink it. i hope they have a diet version out soon.
    Never order a caramel-mocha combo. ...

Stick to Hazelnut
  33. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BrYmAsTeR17 View Post
    Never order a caramel-mocha combo. ...

Stick to Hazelnut
    not into flavors, if im going to drop cash on good coffee i love the natural taste of coffee...but thanks for the heads up.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

All I know is that Trutein's chocolate PB cup is the best tasting stuff i have ever had. And its a blend of whey, egg, and casein. A perfect setup for PWO, bedtime, etc. It may cost a little more, but the ingredient profile behind it is absolutely awesome. Contains digestive enzymes, omegas, etc...etc...
  35. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by msucurt View Post
    All I know is that Trutein's chocolate PB cup is the best tasting stuff i have ever had. And its a blend of whey, egg, and casein. A perfect setup for PWO, bedtime, etc. It may cost a little more, but the ingredient profile behind it is absolutely awesome. Contains digestive enzymes, omegas, etc...etc...
    you fuqing troll azz hijacking son of a......

just kidding.

i purchased some Trutein samples, various proteins, and they have pretty good products.

ill be sticking to Lipotropic though, at $29.99 i couldnt ask for anything more. i think high end protein drinks are overated, but casein at night def as its place. Trutien (whatever the company name is, lol) has some decent casein so if i choose to get some that may be it.
  36. Diamond Member

not into flavors, if im going to drop cash on good coffee i love the natural taste of coffee...but thanks for the heads up.
    you need to hook up with poison. although i have never tried it, several members of this board have said his coffee is best ever.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

best ever.
    omghai2u
  38. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    omghai2u
    and i have heard that your coffee is FREE OF PROP BLENDS, LOL.
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

99% pure java, 1% pure love.
  40. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    omghai2u
    whats this coffee about poison? tell me everything you know, including that cracking noise in your jaw when you chew on popcorn...dont worry i have plenty of time to read.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 12:19 AM
  2. LG sciences Lipotropic protein
    By ekdevil in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 04:37 AM
  3. LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein
    By Cfour in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-18-2009, 09:57 PM
  4. Replies: 0