Lipotropic Protein review LG Sciences - Best value I know of!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

With rising protein costs I am looking for some alternatives, and finally decided to try out Lipotropic Protein by LG Sciences.

Lets look at the ingrediant Label:
Ingredients:
Betaine Anhydrous, Cocoa Powder, Taurine, Lecithin, Inulin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Protein Blend (Genus Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Protein Isolate)

Ingrediants=9
This is a good ingredient profile. Its not all high end expensive whey isolate, but to tell you the truth all I ever really care for in plain concentrate anyways at minimum. In my opinion expensive proteins are a bit overrated for the money you pay. The amino acid profile in impressive, and the Genus protein is one of a kind in the market today. "Genus protein contains advanced poly-phenols that can help the body ramp up thermogenesis, but we've also added in Betaine which has been used in food products to support the conversion of nutrients to muscle vs. fat.*" Im always looking to slim down so this is a definite bonus.

Taste=8
The taste is pretty good. It taste natural (i used chocolate flavor) and the ingredients are simple. The only reason for the lower score is that its a bit liquidy and I only use water for my protein. I can make a creamier texture by reducing the amount of water, but then I have less of a drink to enjoy. Still...If there are doubts about the flavor still because of the original genus only protein, I would say there is nothing to worry about. It tastes good, and smells good. Its not perfect but I like it. Just wish LG can work on improving the thickness more than anything.

Packaging=10
I love the bottles. Every company on the planet makes bottles that are bigger than the amount of protein it had to give the illusion of more product. LG sciences makes the perfect fit. 5lbs fits almost to the top of the bottle, and is more compact to fit in my limited space. The design looks well and modern.

Value=11
Straight up, I give this an 11. At a time where protein costs are going through the roof, LG Sciences created a protein with an impressive profile and have managed to keep the costs at under $30 (only $29.99 where i shop). This price is for a whole 5lbs container, also at a time where protein companies are making their old 5lb containers 4lbs here and there.

I cannot say how happy I am with this product. This is a new staple protein of mine, and will help me save money so I can purchase other bodybuilding supplements in my budget. In my opinion its the best deal on the market, and its everything I need in a protein.

Overall Rating is high because of its tremendous value:
Overall 9.5

Im not kidding, I will repeat myself, This is the best value on the market for protein. Im sure we will see it on sale time to time, and that would be straight crazy.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree on all counts. I tried it a while back, and as much as I wanted to like it, the taste was burdensome. I'm nearly finished with my first tub of the new and improved version, vanilla flavor, and I LOVE it. It's not a straight vanilla flavor, but like malted milk, and though the genus is there, it's mild and pleasant (in the world of beans, i'd say garbanzo, not green pea). The texture is a bit more food-like, to me (I mix in water), less gummy than whey or whey/casein blends. It's very satisfying. I LOVE the ingredient profile, IMO, the best on the market.

I'm not looking forward to the end of the vanilla. I'm going to try Chocolate next, which I'm sure will be awesome, but I'll miss the vanilla.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as far as protein is concerned i think high quality protein is way over-rated, especially for the money.

this profile is definitely better that just concentrate anyways, so im very happy and have nothing to complain about the formula.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a HUGE fan of protein blends, and not a fan of isolate (IMO concentrate is superior to isolate, ha). This blend is the best blend around, ingredients-wise, and now that it tastes good, I'm a happy camper.

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow 29.99 for 5lbs. that's a good price. Nice review :D

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't stomach this
which one did you use, the old version or this newer version?

most people seemed to hate the original version, it kept me from buying it.

TheOne310

Awards
new choc pb...super sweet and I may be allergic to it

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
new choc pb...super sweet and I may be allergic to it
i see, i used only the chocolate so far...

choc pb has been a hard flavor more some companies to pull off.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i also like lipotropic protein, the taste isn't bad and any protein that can help with fat loss is ok in my book, the digestion rate of the protein is supposed to be superior to whey as well

however i don't feel like you get to many servings, 5 lbs is 5lbs but i blow threw 5lbs of this way to quickly and think you might not get the quality but can def. find 5 lbs of protein for the same price that will last longer

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gotti, a 5lb tub has 69 scoops, with a high 26gr protein per scoop! Gr for gr, you're getting more protein than most other proteins, which may have 70-75 scoops, but only 21-23gr protein per scoop.

If it disappears faster than usual for you, it MUST be the taste. :D

joedf

Awards
I recently tried this one. Like it alot. Taste isn't that bad really. Takes a few times to get used to it but I've had much much worse. Can't beat the price either.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I'm about two weeks into a new 5lb tub and honestly I am so impressed with this stuff. I dont no about its claims or effectiveness, but this stuff taste so good for the price. I am really big on trying new things and think Lipotropic protein is really a potential sleeper product that could be a winner.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review man! Glad this is such a well received protein now :)

justiceTX

justiceTX

Awards
  • Established
I love the stuff! Just ordered my 8th 5lb tub. Can't beat it.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice post, AX!

Reactions: ax1
oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have my Choc-Peanut Butter coming today and I am anxious to try it. My first run with the older version of chocolate was not good I have to admit but we shall see if that changes here later today. I have to agree with AX1 and Poison, profile is top notch for the price. You have to pay a minimum of $10 more for something like Myofusion or even Pro Complex by ON, both of which don't have a better profile. I see this as a completely versatile protein that can be used at any time during the day or at night due to the various proteins in it. Fits perfect into my nightime protein, cottage cheese, peanut butter concoction that is freaking tasty by the way!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The chocolate is the only protein I use any more. I picked up some Dymatize Whey for the wife and I CANNOT stand it - the stuff tastes like amoxicillin; chalky, artificial, with a horrendous aftertaste. She likes it, so she can have it.

Me, I'll stick with my Chocolate Lipotropic - 3 scoops plus 2 TBSP PB plus 1 TBSP of Cocoa = breakfast of beasts (on a cut).

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
I love the chocolate flavor but i guess i have a few old vanillas left and they are not very good. I can drink them I just prefer others. But I agree the Chocolate is an amazing deal.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am drinking a vanila shake of the stuff as i type this, i like it and i like the profile. most of all the price is great.:bling:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got mine in, besides a slight misprint on the label, I am really happy with it. Going to be having some of it later tonight.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love the chocolate flavor but i guess i have a few old vanillas left and they are not very good. I can drink them I just prefer others. But I agree the Chocolate is an amazing deal.
If you have the old vanilla's, don't hesitate to try the new. It's tasty.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Excellent review AX. I recently tried the Choc-Peanut butter and love it. I mix it with my coffee..Makes for a great breakfast.

Vanilla up next!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i def want to try both the vanilla and choco-peanut butter soon.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Excellent review AX. I recently tried the Choc-Peanut butter and love it. I mix it with my coffee..Makes for a great breakfast.

Vanilla up next!
I like to add instant coffee to my vanila-nice little wake up.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to add instant coffee to my vanila-nice little wake up.
instant coffee?? wtf?? thats like drinking those crazy tiny little fruit drinks without any fruit juice in it.

i brew starbucks at home!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
instant coffee?? wtf?? thats like drinking those crazy tiny little fruit drinks without any fruit juice in it.

i brew starbucks at home!
not liquid coffee, i dump a spoonful in my shake. try that with starbucks, lol.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
INSTANT????

For shame. Ax1 doesn't know, but you....you....KNOW. ;) :D

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:popworm:

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not liquid coffee, i dump a spoonful in my shake. try that with starbucks, lol.
oh yeahh!!

starbucks has instant coffee now, so i got ya there again....lol

actually its pre-sweetened so i cant drink it. i hope they have a diet version out soon.

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh yeahh!!

starbucks has instant coffee now, so i got ya there again....lol

actually its pre-sweetened so i cant drink it. i hope they have a diet version out soon.
Never order a caramel-mocha combo. :rant2:...:dead1:

Stick to Hazelnut

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never order a caramel-mocha combo. :rant2:...:dead1:

Stick to Hazelnut
not into flavors, if im going to drop cash on good coffee i love the natural taste of coffee...but thanks for the heads up.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
All I know is that Trutein's chocolate PB cup is the best tasting stuff i have ever had. And its a blend of whey, egg, and casein. A perfect setup for PWO, bedtime, etc. It may cost a little more, but the ingredient profile behind it is absolutely awesome. Contains digestive enzymes, omegas, etc...etc...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I know is that Trutein's chocolate PB cup is the best tasting stuff i have ever had. And its a blend of whey, egg, and casein. A perfect setup for PWO, bedtime, etc. It may cost a little more, but the ingredient profile behind it is absolutely awesome. Contains digestive enzymes, omegas, etc...etc...
you fuqing troll azz hijacking son of a......

just kidding.

i purchased some Trutein samples, various proteins, and they have pretty good products.

ill be sticking to Lipotropic though, at $29.99 i couldnt ask for anything more. i think high end protein drinks are overated, but casein at night def as its place. Trutien (whatever the company name is, lol) has some decent casein so if i choose to get some that may be it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
not into flavors, if im going to drop cash on good coffee i love the natural taste of coffee...but thanks for the heads up.
you need to hook up with poison. although i have never tried it, several members of this board have said his coffee is best ever.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
99% pure java, 1% pure love. :D

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whats this coffee about poison? tell me everything you know, including that cracking noise in your jaw when you chew on popcorn...dont worry i have plenty of time to read.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Everything I know about coffee? I'd need to start another forum. If you have questions about anything coffee related, just ask.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything I know about coffee? I'd need to start another forum. If you have questions about anything coffee related, just ask.
tea is better :sly:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
tea is better :sly:
Only if you flair your pinky while drinking.

:lol: I like tea, too. I go in spurts, with the tea. The best tea I've found is at www.farleaves.com . This lady travels to the countries of origin and picks the lots she wants. Walk into one of her 4 Bay Area stores, and you'll probably find her behind the counter.

First time I stopped it, she brewed me a sample of Monkey Picked Ti Guan Yin, an oolong, and my mind was fully blown. It was almost a religious experience. So sweet, non-astringent, floral. Angels sang. One of the top ten things I've ever tasted, seared into my mind.

I've considered selling tea, but why, when perfection already exists? if I ever do, I will sell her tea. Period.

Now coffee, coffee is less pinky flair, more edgy oomph. Don't get me started.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was actually kidding. I drink more coffee than I do water.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Stay away from me, then. I'll ruin you for life. You won't be able to drink anything else. :D

You guys should do a coffee flavored protein.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Lipotropic Protein with Genus Protein

Genus Protein Quick Intro:
Almost ZERO Bloat or Stomach Discomfort
Includes Polyphenols, similar to green tea for increased fat burning effect
Super High BCAA Content
Higher Glutamine Content Of Any Protein Source
Lipotropic Protein is an amazing tasting nutrient dense protein that contains a precise blend of Genus Protein, Whey Concentrate, Whey Isolate, Egg Protein, Micellar Casien and Milk Protein Isolates. It is nutritionally complete and may increase fat loss. Genus protein contains advanced polyphenols that can help the body ramp up thermogenesis but we've also added in Betaine which has been used in food products and is shown in the literature to help convert nutrients to muscle vs. fat. This powerful blend gives your body all of the nutrients it needs to blast fat and increase muscle! Blended proteins may be better than single sources for increasing muscle mass due to the different release times. This unique protein source is found exclusively in LG Sciences Lipotropic Protein, making it stand above the rest

Review:

Mixability: 9/10 (still doesn't beat American Whey)
Taste: 8/10 (it almost has like a chocolate MALT type of flavor, pretty good)
Bloat: 10/10 (Had zero bloat every time)
Gut Issues: 10/10 (Had zero gastrointestinal issues from this protein, no gas, no gurgles, plain english)
Thermogenesis/weight loss: N/A (see below)
Price: 9/10 (most places carry it for $30 for 5lbs, which is pretty cheap for the protein world)

Overall I'd give this stuff a 9/10. I really liked the taste, some people complained, but the taste really sat nice with me. Even the Vanilla tastes pretty good. I pretty much used this stuff as a meal replacement because of all the different types of protein in it. I added some fat and either some fruit to it or ate green veggies. I really did not notice any, if at all, fat loss because my diet was not 100% at all times while supplementing with this. It was probably about 85%. I had a lot going on with the preparation of my wedding and then a week on the honey moon after that. But I will say that while my diet was not 100%, I didn't gain any weight and cut my lifting days from 3-4/week to 2/week. No cardio.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i always bring some fresh tea back when i come back from china....i drink it for a few days and then im back to starbucks.

after about a half year i still have most of it, and then it doesnt really taste the same so i throw it out. nothing like real fresh green tea, but starbucks is my love.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Who cares about coffee, Monster and Rockstars are the way to go :D

j/k Poison ... We're are all adrenaline junkies! :haha:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Listen, if I made you an espresso or latte, you're never touch a Monster.

Anyway, I'm gonna finish my espresso, and have some Lipotropic protein.:D