Arginine vs GLPC

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
Which one do you guys rec for blood flow (nutrient flow) and pumps in the gym?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I have used both of these products and they both work. Unfortunately, L-Arginine looses it's effectiveness quickly if used more than once or twice a week. GPLC seems to work with daily use, however, I have to take more than the recommened dose to get a good pump. I have not tried Citrulline.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have used both of these products and they both work. Unfortunately, L-Arginine looses it's effectiveness quickly if used more than once or twice a week.
There's a whole rash of people giving out wrong/bad/false information about arginine. The hype machine (of gplc) is in full effect. :rolleyes:

Arginine is far MORE effective with regular use, meaning twice daily dosing. I challenge anyone who believes otherwise to dose 3gr twice a day on a fully empty stomach, with 1 dose being pre-workout.

I have not tried Citrulline.
Well? get on it! :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn I want to try GPLC bad, I've used Citrulline and AAKG, love them both...but adding all 3 together would prob be pretty damn awesome!

SlickRick00

SlickRick00

Awards
Arginine is proven to be a complete bust..... does nothing, GPLC all day..... I prefer APS nitrozine,, good blend of GPLC and Agmatine sulfate.... great pumps, that actually last..... Boom

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
jesus ****ing christ. I have a headache.

A company funds 3 studies on its own carnitine analogue, two positive, 1 negative, and people jump on it like it's the second coming. And because that same company says 'GPLC is the ONLY substance proven to increase nitric oxide', you drop your arginine (which you all made so popular in the first place), and scurry over to the GPLC?

GTFO.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never had any measurable or noticeable effects from arginine or its various forms in doses from 3-12g per day on an empty stomach.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've never had any measurable or noticeable effects from arginine or its various forms in doses from 3-12g per day on an empty stomach.
some people don't respond to creatine either.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly. ^ For every experience like Rodja's, there are thousands who experience the effects.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Exactly. ^ For every experience like Rodja's, there are thousands who experience the effects.
i have gotten good results for many years from arginine, i am not about to drop it because some study says it is worthless. as cheap as arginine is-just add it to your gplc if you are that sold on it!

poison-it is good to see someone else that is capable of deciding for himself what works without relying on a study to make decisons.

i can't think of any study that doesn't have ulterior motives.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey, I enjoy when a product is backed by clinical studies. It's great. But no one has proven that arginine is a 'complete bust'. Far from it. And when overwhelming anecdotal evidence shows the exact opposite, the only conclusion to be drawn is that science hasn't figured out how arginine does what it does, and what that means for performance.

Again, my vote is citrulline, for a reason:

Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness.

J Strength Cond Res. 2010 Apr 7

The purpose of the present study was to determine the effects of a single dose of citrulline malate (CM) on the performance of flat barbell bench presses as an anaerobic exercise and in terms of decreasing muscle soreness after exercise. Forty-one men performed 2 consecutive pectoral training session protocols (16 sets). The study was performed as a randomized, double-blind, 2-period crossover design. Eight grams of CM was used in 1 of the 2 training sessions, and a placebo was used in the other. The subjects’ resistance was tested using the repetitions to fatigue test, at 80% of their predetermined 1 repetition maximum (RM), in the 8 sets of flat barbell bench presses during the pectoral training session (S1-4 and S1′-4′). The p-value was 0.05. The number of repetitions showed a significant increase from placebo treatment to CM treatment from the third set evaluated (p <0.0001). This increase was positively correlated with the number of sets, achieving 52.92% more repetitions and the 100% of response in the last set (S4′). A significant decrease of 40% in muscle soreness at 24 hours and 48 hours after the pectoral training session and a higher percentage response than 90% was achieved with CM supplementation. The only side effect reported was a feeling of stomach discomfort in 14.63% of the subjects. We conclude that the use of CM might be useful to increase athletic performance in high-intensity anaerobic exercises with short rest times and to relieve postexercise muscle soreness. Thus, athletes undergoing intensive preparation involving a high level of training or in competitive events might profit from CM.
I haven't tried GPLC yet. You all took off like a fat kid with a popsicle, and I'm not even sure it's worth trying to catch up. ;)

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
Arginine is proven to be a complete bust..... does nothing, GPLC all day..... I prefer APS nitrozine,, good blend of GPLC and Agmatine sulfate.... great pumps, that actually last..... Boom
what is agmatine sulfate, how does it work, how do you dose? thanks

also i had great pumps from MRI no2 black which is arginine. so i personally believe it works but the supp is to expensive for long term use.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive tried them both and X-Factor still blows them out of the water. Skin bursting pumps. Just not convinced arachidonic acid is healthy for me :D

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Here's my beef with GPLC. Now Im not saying that it doesn't work. I am just saying that I have a problem with the marketing, and here it is: 3 grams is supposed to be useless, but 4.5 grams is supposed to be awsome for everybody. The same 4.5 grams that are great for a skinny guy are supposed to be great for a big guy, all while 3 is still good for no one. WTH!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Here's my beef with GPLC. Now Im not saying that it doesn't work. I am just saying that I have a problem with the marketing, and here it is: 3 grams is supposed to be useless, but 4.5 grams is supposed to be awsome for everybody. The same 4.5 grams that are great for a skinny guy are supposed to be great for a big guy, all while 3 is still good for no one. WTH!
Absolutely. BBB just said today he has to take more than the recommended dose.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ive tried them both and X-Factor still blows them out of the water. Skin bursting pumps. Just not convinced arachidonic acid is healthy for me :D
best i ever used was hemodraulix, which contains aa plus arginine. completely fantastic!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
gplc is also crazy expensive
Really? Our Bulk GPLC is $20 for 15 servings (67.5g) and I think that is actually a decent deal considering that most guys train only 3-4 days a week which means it is pretty much $20 for a full month's supply of GPLC as long as your only taking it on workout days pre-workout. So logically speaking...how is that crazy expensive?

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Primordial Performance