now that the Glycobol hype train has passed...

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
...let's take a real look at it.

How good is it?

Is it worth the price of four 100gm bulk powders?

Will it help with body comp more than a preworkout or the almighty creatine?

Are you guys still useing it, and how dose it compare to other nutrient partitioners?

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I think many are still using and liking it. Only real complaint I hear is green poop

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think many are still using and liking it. Only real complaint I hear is green poop
Which sounds like a digestive issue to me. Let's not forget how big arginine got before we found out it didn't really do what we thought it did. A lot of these compounds are WAY less popular that arginine.

Not trying to bash the prouct right off the bat though. Still open to more feedback.

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Personally it doesn't look all that special. I'm thinking P-slin and Slin/Slin-sane are the best "nutrient partitioners." I'm not all that convinced about Glycobol.

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Need2slin and recompadrol are way better,I tried both with good results!!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Need2slin and recompadrol are way better,I tried both with good results!!
Cool! Would you mind talking about both a little.

Also, on the scale of 1-10, with creatine at a 10, where do you rank these?

raulob72

Awards
  • Established
Well on Need2slin you can follow my log on supplements logs/review section,so can see it on detail,recompadrol is also a good one,and I will say need2slin is #1,and recompadrolis #2,and with the creatine is hard to compare ,this are differents compounds,but to give you a good example is that after a hard workout,I ate a big pizza or a company picnic where I get to eat a lot of carbs,I took 2 caps of either one ,I did not felt any bloating at all,,anb believe me I do not represent any company,but before the repartitioners ,I use to get supper bloated,so I know for sure they work and very good!!

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i hated glycobol all i did was poop my guts out while one it. my butt was like a green and brown waterfall.

i still have over hlaf a bottle left just sitting in my cabinet. I wont touch it ever again.

and yes i tried all dosing options and started at a low dose eve one pill a day i was all messed up

jshin

Awards
I enjoyed Glycobol, currently trying Pslin (it's just as good in my book). I'll be looking for other options after it runs out. Has anyone ever tried Yellow Gold from NP?>

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
am i the only one who really doesnt feel like i get anything from the GDA's?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
am i the only one who really doesnt feel like i get anything from the GDA's?
Honestly, I keep hearing "I felt this" or "I lost weight", but I don't hear a lot about busting through strength plateaus or anything. I wouldn't be supprised if this stuff was just blocking some carbs, hence the green poop. I do whole heartedly believe in ALA and some of these ingredients though.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I gained 8 lbs in a month on Gbol, while losing an inch off my waist. was taking over 500g carbs per day, was constantly lean/not bloated. strength in gym raised slightly, nice pumps when dosed preworkout

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
too many people try to use this product as a cheating aid. " I can eat pizza and junk food and not get fat!". not true. with the right CHO timing and balanced diet this product truly shines. go and read my log on it or read the review.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Generally if you have GI distress on any given glucose disposal agent, either you are taking too much of it, taking too much or not enough carbs with it, or your balance of low gi/high gi carbs taken with it is off. They definitely require some level of experimentation to find the right balance of amount + type of carbs for you for a given dose of any glucose disposal agent.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Generally if you have GI distress on any given glucose disposal agent, either you are taking too much of it, taking too much or not enough carbs with it, or your balance of low gi/high gi carbs taken with it is off. They definitely require some level of experimentation to find the right balance of amount + type of carbs for you for a given dose of any glucose disposal agent.
i will admit i did not try every variation to try to relieve my GI distress. That is not to say that i did not try at all. Increased carbs, decreased carbs, lower dose, timing ect ect.

Still got GI distress.

I will disagree with your comment on having GI distress with any given glucose disposal agent. I didnt get that from slin-sane at all. it made me feel fuller and less bloated after a heavy carbohydrate meal while glycobol made me gassy and unqueezy after each meal. the mornings were the worst; i was taking sh!ts which were identical to what i would imagine to be "The Hulk's" sh!ts.

No hate to Glycobol/AI. It is just my experience with glycobol.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
The only time GDAs have worked for me is when i did a berardi PF / PC meal style and supped with EVERY carb meal. I wonder if nonresponders don't have some sort of sensitization issue that overrides the positive effects.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did not respond that well to Glycobol either though I have not too very many of the GDAs that I have tried. I am currently taking Slin with my 1 big carb meal a day and it works well for me. The fact you can dial in the dose with 1-4 pills depending on the amount of carbs is nice. Though it is not the sexiest formula, it is strong and if you don't get enough carbs with it, you feel it. Also, compared to a lot of the others on the market, it is very reasonable in price. Next up I am going to compare it to Recompadrol, have two bottles waiting to be used.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The green stool is normal due to the berberine in it. Some people find 1 cap is enough and it is very important to get the 50g of carbs with it and complex carbs will be even better. It has worked wonders for many.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cool! Would you mind talking about both a little.

Also, on the scale of 1-10, with creatine at a 10, where do you rank these?

Why are you comparing Glycobol and creatine? Who's better: Lance Armstrong, or Fedor Emilianenko? Toyota or Porsche? Hello Kitty or Batman?

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
The green stool is normal due to the berberine in it. Some people find 1 cap is enough and it is very important to get the 50g of carbs with it and complex carbs will be even better. It has worked wonders for many.
No, no it isn't. I have no GI issues with Yellow gold (Berberine) at high doses, and even a single Glycobol ruins me.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Let's not forget how big arginine got before we found out it didn't really do what we thought it did.
While there are papers released about arginine not influencing nitric oxide synthesis, there does seem to be quite a few coming out every over month about arginine's value for performance and workload.

Mongo97

Awards
  • Established
I have tried it multiple times. I noticed great pumps. helped me stay lean on a bulk and my muscle were full the entire time on it. If the product was a little cheaper i would take more often. Also I noticed increase recovery both in between sets and day to day. If i did not eat enough carbs or took the 2 doses to close together i did get green poop that was watery at times. That did not bother me though.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, no it isn't. I have no GI issues with Yellow gold (Berberine) at high doses, and even a single Glycobol ruins me.
Then the product does not work well for you as it does for many others. Sorry it does not work well for you.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
While there are papers released about arginine not influencing nitric oxide synthesis, there does seem to be quite a few coming out every over month about arginine's value for performance and workload.
Oh, insulin can be better than NO in some ways(worse in others). I never meant to imply that arginine was useless.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
recompadrol= no good

glycobol= excellent

got good pumps (sign of nutrient partitioning) and good vascularity

i think my body responded much better to glycobol, will be using it in my recomp with a SARM s4

be on the lookout for a logdizzle my nizzles

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Why are you comparing Glycobol and creatine? Who's better: Lance Armstrong, or Fedor Emilianenko? Toyota or Porsche? Hello Kitty or Batman?
I whant to see where people stand. Is creatine their standard for suplement effectiveness, or are PH results what they consider good? that's all I mean.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I loved the times I've used Glycobol, 1 cap at any dosing was plenty for me. Even helped me sleep when I dosed 1 cap pre-bed. For me, it did what was promised, green poop and all.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Then the product does not work well for you as it does for many others. Sorry it does not work well for you.
I'm not disputing that, I just think it's either something else in it (Na-R-ALA being my suspicion) or a synergistic thing that's causing the digestive issues. Props to AI for having an aggressive blend in their GDA (I am a big fan of the 4-OH IL from fenugreek) but for those who don't tolerate it but may want to try other GDAs, you should get the facts straight.

I'm assuming you wouldn't want a competitor turning people off of, say, the FenuTest extract in TestoPro because whole fenugreek seeds raise prolactin.

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Since this turned into a gda discussion, i will chime in and say just use a boatload of cinnamon throughout the day, seems to do the trick for me. that and apple cider vinegar. I may look to do a cinnamon-gymnema-mulberry product in the near future possibly stacked with some fenugreek extract (4-hydroxy/not feno), this will be much cheaper than the current gda products, except for pslin that is on clearance at nutra

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cinnamon is a good one as well, I try to remember to take 2g of cinnamon before a carb heavy meal if i'm out of other GDAs

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I have used a fair amount of the "insulin mimickers" on the market and Glycobol is my favorite by far. I also got rocked by the green monster poops...but as far as pump/leaning/musculature is concerned....it wins each category compared to the others i've tried.