Glucose disposal agents

umbasante

Awards
I have read this article at BB ww.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto2.htm and it talks about supplements that are used like glucose disposal agents.

My first question is if some of this new supplements (glycobol,p-slin,etc...) would help to hit ketosis faster like the article says? At the bulk days I have find some topics that confirm the benefits of those products.

The second would be about the agents suggested at the article, are they really valid? Also the dosages appear to be quite high, like the Chromium Picolinate.

Following is the scheme suggested at the article:

Sunday-Monday-Tuesday
Vanadyl Sulfate 120 mg split over 6 of your meals
Chromium Picolinate 1000 mg split over 5 meals
Magnesium 1000 mg slip over 4 meals

Wednesday
Vanadyl Sulfate 50 mg with carb-spike meal
Chromium Picolinate 400 mg with same meal
Magnesium 250 mg with same meal

Friday night-Saturday Night
Same as Monday and Tuesday

Another powerful glucose disposal agent is alpha lipoic acid, which mimics insulin. A schedule for this would be as follows:
ALA 600-1200 mg a day in divided dosages

Thanks for the attention

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't get it, do you have a question?

BrYmAsTeR17

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My first question is if some of this new supplements (glycobol,p-slin,etc...) would help to hit ketosis faster like the article says?

The second would be about the agents suggested at the article, are they really valid?
Ahhh I found the questions!, but I can't answer them ATM.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have read this article at BB ww.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto2.htm and it talks about supplements that are used like glucose disposal agents.

My first question is if some of this new supplements (glycobol,p-slin,etc...) would help to hit ketosis faster like the article says? At the bulk days I have find some topics that confirm the benefits of those products.

The second would be about the agents suggested at the article, are they really valid? Also the dosages appear to be quite high, like the Chromium Picolinate.

Sunday-Monday-Tuesday

Wednesday

Another powerful glucose disposal agent is alpha lipoic acid, which mimics insulin. A schedule for this would be as follows:

Thanks for the attention
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/135213-best-insulin-mimicker.html

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sort of. What it will do is make the last few days of carb intake work better, and be slowly lowering your insulin response (which will go to 0 if you do keto correctly) over those 3 days. It won't hugely impact how long it takes from your last carb meal to going into ketosis, but will make it easier and gentler. You will notice clipping carbs a bit less

Sunday-Monday-Tuesday

Wednesday

Thanks for the attention
Well, in the bodybuilding world "more is better" is the general mantra. So hard to say exactly whether those doses are too high. In reality, use of any glucose disposal agents is a very individual thing, and you need to work out what works for you. From timing of carbs after taking them, volume of carbs, and type of carbs (low gi vs high gi) it will all vary what doses of which GDAs work best. Depending on your starting insulin sensitivity, it can either be easy to work out, or take a lot of experimentation. But definitely an individual thing.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
His question was about the dossages and if their too high. What type fo diet would you follow while taking these products? That's really important.

umbasante

Awards
Thanks for the advice. Sorry if my English isn´t good and my text is confuse.

I am on a keto diet about 4 weeks and I am liking the results. When I read that article I find interesting the way it could be used these glucosal disposals to achieve faster the ketosis condition.

Until now I am not using any glucosal disposal, here in Brazil there is only Chromium Picolinate at the local stores, so I was interested about the dosages of that supplement, at the no carb days and also at the carb days? And also if it is really valid to use it for that proposal, get faster at ketosis state? I would be grateful if someone suggested some dosage, I am still not sure about how much I should take.

Thaks for the help

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I don't imagine things like magnesium or chromium being bad, but when it comes to ALA or insulin mimickers, they can actually make blood sugar go to low without carbs. If you whant to experiment with these things, be careful.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. Sorry if my English isn´t good and my text is confuse.

I am on a keto diet about 4 weeks and I am liking the results. When I read that article I find interesting the way it could be used these glucosal disposals to achieve faster the ketosis condition.

Until now I am not using any glucosal disposal, here in Brazil there is only Chromium Picolinate at the local stores, so I was interested about the dosages of that supplement, at the no carb days and also at the carb days? And also if it is really valid to use it for that proposal, get faster at ketosis state? I would be grateful if someone suggested some dosage, I am still not sure about how much I should take.

Thaks for the help
IF you are already in ketosis, then it really shouldn't be an issue. I'd really need to read the whole article to see the context this is taken from (just what sort of keto diet they are talking about). Overall, that level of chromium shouldnt' be an issue though.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chromium plays a role in the metabolism of glucose, and is necessary for energy production. Since this mineral assists in the production of insulin, it helps to stabilize blood sugar levels and can be beneficial both for people with hypoglycemia and diabetes. It is also critical to the synthesis of cholesterol, fats, and proteins.

Chromium Polynicotinate is more effective than any other type of chromium, as it binds the elemental chromium to niacin (vitamin B-3). This provides a biologically active form of chromium, which is more absorbable in the body.

Chromium Picolinate is Dangerous