blood tests and ASGT???

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone have them?> and at how many scoops and for how long?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
what you getting at? why would you need a blood test on a pre workout supplement.

If you are doubting this;_
SERM - Blocks estrogen at the estrogen receptor, which stops its negative side effects and has the positive of boosting LH and testosterone.

ANTI-AROMATASE – Stops the converstion of testosterone into estrogen, thus boosting testosterone in another way and increasing the androgenic ratio.

pSARM – SARMs act like testosterone in the body without effecting testosterone, so its like having a "prescription" testosterone boost without the negatives.

RECEPTOR – Increased receptor quality and quantity means that the SERM, AI and pSARM testosterone effect will be doubled, giving your muscle cells the most active receptors, which build a more anabolic environment to take advantage of the increased androgenic ratio.

and see blood test as the only way of proving the above is correct , then i think i understand your post in part but your OP is a bit vague.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just bought a tub of asgt, so far not too impressed with it. we'll see.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just bought a tub of asgt, so far not too impressed with it. we'll see.
its a mild product, but it will build up in your system and increase effectiveness.

how many scoops are you taking and how far out before your workouts are you consuming it?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
its a mild product, but it will build up in your system and increase effectiveness.

how many scoops are you taking and how far out before your workouts are you consuming it?
i was thinking of buying the sample kit -ASGT;AP;POSTAL , which i think lasts a week. I take it this wont be enough time to gat ANY benefit from ASGT?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know exactly what you're getting at, and I'm right there with you. I'd love to see tests myself. I'm not sure why people get so defensive about supplements, it's healthy to want to see "proof" of claims, doesn't mean the product is ineffective or seen as a direct criticism. People just want to see proof that a product (any product not just ASGT) live up to the claims.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Asgt is a great supp...especially in the long run

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Who runs blood tests on a pre-workout? Name me another pre-workout that has blood work posted. Have you asked the same of Gaspari SuperPump 250?

ASGT has the most, and best feedback of nearly any pre-workout on this board, and there's a reason for that; it works great, and it's affordable.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who runs blood tests on a pre-workout? Name me another pre-workout that has blood work posted. Have you asked the same of Gaspari SuperPump 250?

ASGT has the most, and best feedback of nearly any pre-workout on this board, and there's a reason for that; it works great, and it's affordable.
I don't think it's a criticism of the product. The OP simply wants to know if ASGT has any impact on test levels, which can be determined through blood tests.

ASGT is marketed differently than all other PWO's , as possessing the ability to create an anabolic (hormonal) environment yielding better results than all other stim based PWO's, it's a legitimate question not a criticism of the product. I have no doubt that for some people it's an effective product.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started using the product. they say the first version tasted worse than this version. wow.

it's not so bad I cant get it down, I can taste some strawberry lemonaide in there, but I can also taste the herbs in it.

I took it at 1 scoop first, after taking a week off from all pre workout type sups.

was expecting the tingling from beta alinine, but it didn't come. so next time I took 2 scoops, and felt a slight tingling. def an increase in energy. decent pumps.

we'll see how well it works, like a poster above said, maybe it takes time.

wish I could find an ingredient profile like that of no shotgun, with the taste of no explode.

that pre w/o sup would most likely become a number 1 seller.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established

WORD brosinski!

I really dont care whats in it, I just get bigger and badder..HAHAHA! j/k ..

In all seriousness, there are plenty of great Preworks out there..and this is right up there..theres a reason that 8 out of every 10 would choose ASGT :D

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
To sum up what everyone said, you may have to try the experiment yourself JN!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah i dunno why you need a blood test for a preworkout. It gives great energy and great endurance it simply works is all i can say. The best preworkout supplement i have used to date.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sorry bout bailing on the thread the last few days... reason i wanted bloodtests was because it is not JUST a preworkout, it has AI test boostin and SERM..... all of these warrant a blood test, if these arent affectively dosed then why buy it, ive had a btter stim package before and MUCH better taste....

but if these warrant extra test levels like a test-booster liek activate or something, then HELL YES ill deal with the taste of it to get a prewokrout and test booster in 1!!!!!

and i have my dad at 2 scoops and he hasnt noticed much of an effect yet, he has good energy but test levels arent showing strong signs of difference, although he isnt the most in-tune with his body guy to use as a guinea pig...

test results please LG science!!!!

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
JN230, keep an eye on this thread, I'm going through, ingredient by ingredient, and posting studies behind each one:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/161393-asgt-studies-clinical.html

It'll take a few days to finish. As for your dad, I'd rather see him dose 1 scoop a day, instead of 2 scoops on pre-workout days, unless he like the energy of 2 scoops. Daily use, in my experience, allows the test-boosting to really kick in, in around a week or so, and continue strong. It was very noticeable for me, and for many others. It's a great product overall, but ideal for guys in your dad's age range, or even mine (I'm 36). It's a gentle nudge in the right hormonal direction.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well he does 2 scoops 5days a week, and he does like the energy.... but problem is i want studies or independent test results on the final product not the ingredients, i know the ingredients are legit i jsut need to know at how many scoops if at all is it potent and useful as id love to run it as a part of a natty cycle eventually tooo

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well he does 2 scoops 5days a week, and he does like the energy.... but problem is i want studies or independent test results on the final product not the ingredients, i know the ingredients are legit i jsut need to know at how many scoops if at all is it potent and useful as id love to run it as a part of a natty cycle eventually tooo
If you want something with test-boosting effects and blood work, I'd recommend Formadrol, or the Trifecta stack, and throwing in ASGT as gravy on top.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/146910-strongest-natural-testosterone.html

If you're not wow'd by the Superpump 250 'clinical' data, that is. ;)

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
this thread has put me off buying ASGT , ILL remain loyal to my brand VPX

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please explain what brings you to such a conclusion? What is it from VPX that is such a better pre-workout product?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so basically poison you are saying that the amount of herbal test boosters and AI's are not at an effective dose to be considered a test booster.....

that raises the question.... WHY HAVE THEM IN THERE THEN???

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
so basically poison you are saying that the amount of herbal test boosters and AI's are not at an effective dose to be considered a test booster.....

I like your style. I am almost done with my 1st jug and it gives me great energy and stamina. It does feel a little different then other PW formulas. I usually use 1MR and thats a good supp, but decided to switch it up for a few. I think i will buy it again in the future.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sorry, I didn't say that anywhere. I said that you should take 1 scoop daily for maximal benefit; if that says something negative about asgt to you, please name me another test boosting product that DOESN'T work better with daily use. AppNut recommends the same for RPM, if you want more test boosting/anti-e effects. The trade-off is you may become used to the stim component; it's your choice, which is more beneficial to YOU?

I ONLY recommended two scoops IF your dad prefers the stim effect of 2 scoops.

I also said the test-boosting/anti-e effects are mild. By mild, I mean 'NOT pro-hormone levels', or even 'dedicated test-booster' levels. ASGT is a PRE-WORKOUT formula, first and foremost, boosting strength and stamina in a serious way, with the added benefit of some good hormonal tweakage in an anabolic direction. It has whoppingly good feedback on this and MANY boards. It gets a 9.2 rating in a very large online store (9.2 is the average of 219 reviews, no less).

THAT'S why it's in there. It simply works. If you require a blood test for your pre-workout, you're going to have a very difficult time finding one that fits your needs. Few>no supplement companies can afford to run a placebo, double blind university study on their pre-workout. The ones that can, like BSN and VPX, don't.

Formadrol, and blood work, is always there for you if ASGT is not your cup of tea. :)

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to try ASGT but a friend of mine said it taste like **** gave him rapid heart rate and made him nauseous. couldnt even workout

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It doesn't taste bad. It's not Gatorade, but it tastes good to me. I have a good palate, and the best description is tea-like, with mild hibiscus flavor.

I'm pretty sensitive to huge amounts of stims; geranium, yohimbine, etc kill my cardio. ASGT doesn't have that effect, for me. It's the smoothest energy I've ever had, and it lasts a very long time. I'm sorry your buddy had a negative experience; tell him to try a half-scoop, and go from there. And tell him to let you try a scoop! :)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was going to try ASGT but a friend of mine said it taste like **** gave him rapid heart rate and made him nauseous. couldnt even workout
Caffeine has that effect of increasing HR, no matter what product it comes from. Being over-stimulated will also cause nausea if your friend is not use to stims. How many scoops did he take it start with?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I could see if you are overly sensitive to caffeine or synephrine for some reason though there is not a whopping dose of either; hence why many can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3 scoops. I will say if I take more than 2.5 scoops, I do get short of breath from doing heavy sets with little rest BUT this happened to me with Jack3d and multiple other pwo drinks as well if dosed too high.

As for the taste, I don't get where all the complaining comes from. So many pwo drinks loaded with Arginine taste terrible and others with tons of stims and other artificial crap taste terrible as well though I see no one complaining about them. Take a good look at the extensiveness of the ingredient label; that is why it does not taste like country time lemonade or kool aid. To keep it cost effective and not full of fillers, the flavoring is kept where it is I assume otherwise the scoop would be larger and you would get less per bottle. If you ask me, I would make a small sacrifice in taste for results and AS-GT has delivered for me on the results. Case and point, I am taking Erase and AS-GT for my AndroHard PCT and have continued to make PRs in the gym with everything else being the same. I know there is test boosting going on and yes I do take my AS-GT at least 5 days a week so as to maximize its benefits.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
LOL what?... i liked NOShotgun, but thats when alot of these other products (that are way better) werent even out yet.

VPX is another one of those companies that spend a ton on advertising and marketing, but maybe not so much on actual R&D... most of their products fall short... well at least since they tried to "wash" the the PH history from their name ;)

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't taste bad. It's not Gatorade, but it tastes good to me. I have a good palate, and the best description is tea-like, with mild hibiscus flavor.

I'm pretty sensitive to huge amounts of stims; geranium, yohimbine, etc kill my cardio. ASGT doesn't have that effect, for me. It's the smoothest energy I've ever had, and it lasts a very long time. I'm sorry your buddy had a negative experience; tell him to try a half-scoop, and go from there. And tell him to let you try a scoop! :)
bingo.

its waaaay better than the OG flavor.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I personally like Formadrol. I can find no negative reports from the use of Ursolic Acid, the main component in Formadrol. From everything I can find there are a host of health benefits from the ingestion of Ursolic Acid.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
I read rave reviews about it on here and I'm thinking about throwing away an almost full tub. I'm not impressed at all.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
'Almost full' means you barely used it. ASGT needs around a week of daily use to kick in, and when it does, oh my. Try dosing daily, and report back. Seriously, people are looking for test boosting effects, but getting pissy when they don't see results in the first couple doses. (I'm not fingering you, more of a rant carry-over from earlier in this thread).

:D

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established

JN, I think me and one other guy may be the only ones on your side right now. Im currently happy with my own PW, but if you would like to get bloodwork on this stuff and post the results, I would love to read it:happysad:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing bloodwork, either. But a lack of bloodwork never stopped me from using, oh, 10+ bottles of RPM, or 2 bottles of Primal Male, or ASGT. And ALL have been effective for me, ALL performing as described, and then some.

I'd be curious to see a list of supplements the naysayers here are using, and how many of them don't have bloodwork. I suspect it'd be pretty significant. ;)

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
It works great for a lot people, it didn't for me. All I've got from asgt is a nice laxative effect about 10 minutes after I take it. Taken it for the past 9 days. Maybe 3/4s of it left but I am quickly losing desire to take more of it. I almost fell asleep at the gym this morning on 3 scoops.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It works great for a lot people, it didn't for me. All I've got from asgt is a nice laxative effect about 10 minutes after I take it. Taken it for the past 9 days. Maybe 3/4s of it left but I am quickly losing desire to take more of it. I almost fell asleep at the gym this morning on 3 scoops.
OK, this gets back to a different issue. If you're falling asleep on 400-500mg caffeine AND ~60mg synephrine, the issue isn't the product. If you need that much caffeine, or some stupid amount of geranium, and you're not feeling energetic or 'stimmed', you should honestly take a month off all stims, buy some Reset AD, and let your adrenals recover.

I bet if you were less stim-tolerant, 1 scoop would suit you well, and you wouldn't get mud butt. Three scoops is OK for a lot of people, but if you have a sensitive stomach, it's a LOT of actives.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
I've only been on stims for 3 weeks... and hadn't taken them for 3 months before that. I know there are people that never get stimmed from taking jack3d/superpump/noxplode/etc. My body just doesn't respond to asgt. Not faulting the product at all. Like I said, it works great for some people. I'm not one of those people.

If I drink half a Dr pepper I'll be more stimmed than I am on asgt.

The green poop I had on superpump was the only time I had a complaint about mudd butt.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hadn't touched a stim for 2 months, tried ASGT and really didn't feel the stim portion of it, at least in comparison to Jack3d. However, I probably require that extra kick which I enjoy from products like Jack3d or Maximize. And I don't think 1,3 is a "stupid" ingredient to include in a preworkout, so long as it's used only on workout days. I've heard ASGT is a good product from a lot of people, which I don't doubt, what I highly doubt is it's effect on test levels, which in all likelihood is probably negligible.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've only been on stims for 3 weeks... and hadn't taken them for 3 months before that. I know there are people that never get stimmed from taking jack3d/superpump/noxplode/etc. My body just doesn't respond to asgt. Not faulting the product at all. Like I said, it works great for some people. I'm not one of those people.

If I drink half a Dr pepper I'll be more stimmed than I am on asgt.

The green poop I had on superpump was the only time I had a complaint about mudd butt.
Wow. :lol: Lucky you, I hear Costco has Dr Pepper by the pallet!

Anyway, sorry it hasn't worked out for you! Have you tried WF?

muscl3s

muscl3s

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ASGT is a PRE-WORKOUT formula, first and foremost, boosting strength and stamina in a serious way, with the added benefit of some good hormonal tweakage in an anabolic direction.
lol... LG Sciences reps and their "tweakage" of perception... it's not a test booster but it puts the body in that direction... errrrrrr
it is or it isn't a test booster... (it either raises test levels or it doesn't)
it isn't but you're in that direction... lmao
the op asks why not have blood tests on this product to see how much of a direction... i think we all know why not have blood tests by now... :laugh2::lol5:

if they had blood tests available then ASGT would just be another crappy tasting pre-workout mix

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The OP also says:

but if these warrant extra test levels like a test-booster liek activate or something, then HELL YES ill deal with the taste of it to get a prewokrout and test booster in 1!!!!!
Extra test levels like Activate? Um, no. I think he's confused, looking for pills in his pre-workout tub. That's why I recommended Formadrol. ASGT effects are mild, but there (and to me they're strong, but I kick ass on 2ml Formestane a day).

Then he said:

and i have my dad at 2 scoops and he hasnt noticed much of an effect yet, he has good energy but test levels arent showing strong signs of difference, although he isnt the most in-tune with his body guy to use as a guinea pig...
So here we have an unrelated third party grilling us on what the guy who's actually taking the product is or isn't feeling, when admittedly that guy may not even be able to tell even if it DOES work.

Then he says:

problem is i want studies or independent test results on the final product not the ingredients, i know the ingredients are legit i jsut need to know at how many scoops if at all is it potent and useful as id love to run it as a part of a natty cycle eventually tooo
Say what? So basically he's gonna be stuck using VPX Meltdown, because it actually stands, all up there by its lonesome, as one of the few actual branded, tested supplements. I don't know of a single pre-workout that has university testing done on the branded product.

But somehow LG is supposed to come up with this? :lol: A tub of ASGT would cost $65 then, and you all would be calling bias because LG funded it. Give me a break.

I'll leave you with this:

Two scoops an hour before lifting makes for superior workouts. Never had such an easy time gaining strength while cutting as when on ASGT.
I have incorporated ASGT into my current PCT following a 6 week superdrol/epi bridge. It'a been hard to keep my gains, and ASGT definitely gets me focused and aggressive in the gym, under the iron where it matters. I get my own pumps from being able to get one more rep out. Solid product, solid price and great results. I personally like bulk powders for their effectiveness and cost, but ASGT isn't your typical preworkout drink. I will definitely use ASGT on my next PCT!
Love me some ASTG. I have tried several of the other pre workout drinks before and to be honest had great results with some of them but they all ended up sort of "running their course"...

I have ran a cycle of 3 bottles of Natadrol and was then moving on to a PCT with Formadrol. I decided to give ASTG a try as I had been buying several supplements that this had in one container that was priced RIGHT.....

Taste - 7 out of 10

Mixability - 8 out of 10 (end up with some grit but soldier through as its soo worth it)

Focus - 10 out of 10

Drive - 9 out of 10

Strength - 9 out of 10

Overall experiance / effectiveness - 9 out of 10

Better the taste and find a way to get rid of some of that grit and you have a product that will crank up to 11!!!!
I started on Natadrol and saw a good amount of strength increase on the product. After the run I was worried that some of it would be lost as I moved to the Formadrol... I added ASTG into the mix and have continued to set PRs on bench and other lifts in the 5x5 program. I actually have more endurance, better recovery, and zero loss of strength.

I am sitting at 169-174 body weight and recently set a PR of 290x3 on flat bench, repeated again yesterday. Power Tech leverage system with 290 plate weight. ASTG will get me to 330x3 baring injury (still nursing shoulder) in the next 4 weeks.

What the mind can conceive ASTG will help it achieve!!!!
My Final Review on ASGT:

Smell: 7/10. An interesting smell on opening the tub, that I can't quite describe, which is nothing like the final smell once the Anadraulic State GT is mixed with water and ready to drink. Stopped noticing the smell of the powder after a while.

Taste: 9/10. Anadraulic State GT tastes what I imagine strawberry lemonade would taste like, if I ever had it. The taste grew on me, and was definitely a lot better than the taste of Anadraulic State (my last couple of tubs of Anadraulic State were nothing like the first one I used re taste and were not pleasant).

Solubility: 10/10. The powder mixed well on shaking for a few seconds.

Texture: 10/10. Like fruit juice diluted with water.

Body Composition: 9/10. Pre-Anadraulic State GT I was 117.4lb at 12.6% bodyfat. Post-Anadraulic State GT I am 118.2lb at 12.1% bodyfat. . . I LOST a total of 0.5lb of bodyfat and GAINED 1.3lb of lean body mass, with girths indicating that this gain was mostly in the form of muscle mass/DRY gains, since overall just over an inch was lost from my waist, and although little or no changes made everywhere else, my pants fit looser despite my girths having made not a lot of change . . . A definite and successful RECOMP - as opposed to the cut I was aiming for, but fat WAS lost, and I am not going to argue against making dry gains (and I am going to note here that it is definitely easier to gain muscle mass when I am >12% bodyfat, which makes sense) . . .

Fat Loss: 8/10. See comments under "Body Composition" above.

Muscle Growth and Muscle Quality: 10/10. See comments under "Body Composition" above.

Muscle Hardness and Density: 8/10. My muscles remained pretty hard throughout my use of Anadraulic State GT, which, although I was training again, was a little surprising considering that my resistance training was quite a lot LESS than what it usually would be - sessions a lot shorter, and only three of them, as opposed to 4-5 x 40-60 minute ones. Legs got noticeably harder, with lower body becoming denser.

Testosterone Levels: N/A. Although I would have liked to see the changes in my Testosterone (total and free) levels from pre to post-Anadraulic State GT, I did not have bloods done.

Growth Hormone Levels: N/A. Although I would have liked to see the changes in my Growth Hormone levels from pre to post-Anadraulic State GT, I did not have bloods done.

Estrogen Levels: N/A. Although I would have liked to see the changes in my Estrogen levels from pre to post-Anadraulic State GT, I did not have bloods done.

Cortisol Levels: N/A. Although I would have liked to see the changes in my Cortisol levels from pre to post-Anadraulic State GT, I did not have bloods done. I will note that my stress levels have been even higher than usual due to circumstances.

Recovery: 8/10. My resting heart rate dropped from 40 bpm to 36 bpm over the time that I used Anadraulic State GT, so I actually got fitter over the course of my use of the product (which is a great thing) . . . My recovery from training was pretty good considering the fact that I got very little sleep (if any) over the last 28 days, not sleeping for a huge majority of it. The first couple of weeks, I suffered from DOMS, and in my lower body, which is unusual. However, for the last 10 days, DOMS from training was completely eliminated . . .

Nutrient Absorption and Utilization: 8/10. My diet did not change while I was using Anadraulic State GT. With the amount of food that I was consuming, for me to be getting LEANER and NOT being bloated, etc. the days after says to me that the nutrients were rapidly absorbed and were being used efficiently and effectively.

Libido/Sexual Stamina and Performance: 10/10. Libido was out of this world (although I attribute this predominantly to T-911, since it has that effect on me)! My body honestly was getting fatigued from the demands of my mind.

Energy: 8/10. Energy was most noticeable when training, since I often woke most days (if I woke at all and wasn't still awake from the day before) feeling completely shattered (mostly from work and other things going on in my life), and even when I didn't feel like it, or thought that I had nothing there, I got through my training sessions. Sometimes I could have even kept going.

Stimulant Effects: 10/10. No "stimulant" effects such as jitters, crash, etc. were experienced, even though Anadraulic State GT definitely aided with the energy and focus, etc. of a stimulant.

Focus: 8/10. When I was training I was focused, although I got lightheaded a lot. Just meant that I had to take a few deep breaths and concentrate more.

Endurance: 8/10. Endurance got better as I went along (but I was also using Drive, which plays a huge role in my endurance).

Pump: 7/10. Training was not really set up to be 'pump friendly'. However, I got bad pumps in my anterior deltoids and biceps for the most part, with them being quite painful most times. The pump on Anadraulic State GT was definitely not as good as on Anadraulic State (then again, training on the latter was definitely 'pump' material, too).

Vascularity: 7/10. Vascularity was good - although not as good as it was when I was using Anadraulic State (and I was also leaner when using the latter, which makes a difference).

Sides: 10/10. I did not experience any nausea, tummy upsets, bloating, etc. from the Anadraulic State GT, even though I used the full dosage and even went up to 2 scoops pre-training a couple of times (and I find that 2 scoops pre-training is actually my sweet spot!)

Other Effects: 10/10. Strength gains were made most weeks, with a few new RMs being made . . . Aggression really calmed down, considering how high it was on FREE TEST, which was interesting . . .

Overall: 9/10. Anadraulic State was already my favourite specific preworkout product of use, and so it was interesting comparing Anadraulic State GT to it . . . Although, the situations they were used in were different, with training completely different, making it hard to really compare them, there were a few noticeable differences. Anadraulic State was, IMO, a stronger formula than Anadraulic State GT. Anadraulic State GT tastes a lot better and is smoother re flavour than Anadraulic State. Anadraulic State dried me out more (comments from others), and made a more noticeable difference re physique - however, in saying that, I was not as lean when I started using Anadraulic State GT as I was using Anadraulic State, and only lost 0.5% bodyfat in 28 days, as opposed to the 1% bodyfat lost in 10 days on Anadraulic State(then again, a specific diet and training protocol was also followed during Anadraulic State, which makes a huge difference re results). The differences between the two products made them come out even, though, for me. Anadraulic State GT is definitely a very versatile product and has proved that it can be used for ANY body goal! . . . Both products are solid, and Anadraulic State GT still takes the place of number one specific/standalone preworkout product for me . . .

Would I use again? Yes. Although not as strong as Anadraulic State, IMO, Anadraulic State GT is still definitely a solid product, and the fact that it encompasses several products (i.e. creatine, nutrient repartitioner, Testosterone and Growth Hormone booster, and preworkout) in ONE is a definite PLUS!

Would I recommend? Yes. For anyone wanting a preworkout formula that delivers, then Anadraulic State GT is one of the most complete formulas and best options out there, IMO.

It goes on and on, people raving about muscle hardness, libido, aggression, lower fat, more muscle, you know, the stuff LG says it does. So when the OP says he knows the ingredients are effective, but wants to know if they're dosed effectively, all he has to do is hit the search button, and read days worth of feedback. Or simply try it himself. Or live a monastical existence devoid of pre-workout goodness because he requires clinical studies.

As for you, muscl3s, how is it that asgt has been reviewed 219 times on b b . com, with an average score of 9.2, and this forum is full of raves, if it's just another crappy pre-workout?

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
The problem with ASGT is that it's marketed as all things to all people - the message gets lost. It's a preworkout, but not a super-stimmer like jacked. It contains components associated with fat loss (synephrine), insulin control (cinnamon), multiple creatines, and a tiny, insignificant smattering of protein. And then the test boosting stuff on top.

People are going to be inherently distrustful of prop. blend kitchen sink products. And they should be.

It would be interesting to see if SGT had any effects on the acute serum test level during/after exercise, like something simple like pohsphatidylserine does:

http://www.ergo-log.com/phosphatidylserine.html

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
LOL what?... i liked NOShotgun, but thats when alot of these other products (that are way better) werent even out yet.

VPX is another one of those companies that spend a ton on advertising and marketing, but maybe not so much on actual R&D... most of their products fall short... well at least since they tried to "wash" the the PH history from their name ;)
carnt agree with you there sorry, just browsed through a Muscle and development and theres a least 6 full pages advertising L G products, so its up there with the rest of them when it comes to advertising

If you pick up a can of shotgun , theres a brief run down of how the supplement went on humans during its trial period on the can

Have we had that with ASGT , not to my knowledge but if theres a link to that please provide.

when you look at the ingredients of ASGT ,what research has been carried out there? Theres nothing new in it. The only research required is to find ingredients which fit into the overview of the product ie mimics insulin; blocks cortisol acts as a serm;AI , and increases receptor sites.Something which i could have done by searching on Google

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys regardless of whether you like AS-GT or not, your feedback is appreciated and taken seriously. There a plenty of products on the market that you will find one that works for you and we appreciate you trying AS-GT. Even if it did not work for you, consider some of the other great products from LG in the future; I trust they will work better for you. Poison, like me, is passionate about AS-GT because we have been hyper-responders to it and want everyone to have the same experience even if that is not a realistic expectation. If you really want to see some testing done of the efficacy of AS-GT, I suggest you post a serious thread in the LG sub-forum explaining your reasoning behind the request. USP Labs received a TON of criticism about Jack3d over the years and actually did just complete a University study to prove its effectiveness; don't rule that out as a possibility if enough interest exists for AS-GT.

**** Note that this is MY opinion, not that of LG, I too am a consumer and like to know that what I am taking works even more so than what my personal experience tells me.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys regardless of whether you like AS-GT or not, your feedback is appreciated and taken seriously. There a plenty of products on the market that you will find one that works for you and we appreciate you trying AS-GT. Even if it did not work for you, consider some of the other great products from LG in the future; I trust they will work better for you. Poison, like me, is passionate about AS-GT because we have been hyper-responders to it and want everyone to have the same experience even if that is not a realistic expectation. If you really want to see some testing done of the efficacy of AS-GT, I suggest you post a serious thread in the LG sub-forum explaining your reasoning behind the request. USP Labs received a TON of criticism about Jack3d over the years and actually did just complete a University study to prove its effectiveness; don't rule that out as a possibility if enough interest exists for AS-GT.

**** Note that this is MY opinion, not that of LG, I too am a consumer and like to know that what I am taking works even more so than what my personal experience tells me.
I think it's great that you took this approach with respect to product testing. I think all too often, reps along with other company employees, tend to go on the defensive when you ask them to provide proof that their products actually work. Instead you often receive abstract ingredient studies, which renders itself useless as we don't know the exact amount of each ingredient incorporated into the product, extrapolate that and how can you intelligently gauge the efficacy of said product.

All companies should provide proof that their products are effective in accordance with their marketing claims, regardless of price, if it's effective you can be sure it will sell. Don't cite abstract studies conducted in 1948 in Indonesia, and expect that to be enough. But you're definitely on the right track.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Southpaw, I wouldn't call ingredient abstracts useless; quite the opposite. An abstract showing an ingredients benefits is evidence or proof that the ingredient is 1) safe (or not), and 2) effective.

This leads us to the question of dose: is it dosed effectively in the product? I agree with whoever said we should be distrustful of proprietary formulas; but on the other hand, I also understand the need for companies to protect their hard work and innovation under proprietary formulas, for example NOShotgun, No-xplode, RagNOrok, RPM, WF, Maximize V2, 1MR, you name it.

So when see a company I like or trust putting out a product, I look at the studies, judge whether or not the ingredient profile is interesting or useful to me; if it is, I go read feedback, and take it from there.

If a product has beta alanine, and creatine, and those compounds both have studies proving they work, doing a clinical study on the new CreAlanine product is...unnecessary, as far as I'm concerned? So from that perspective, studies are very useful, IMO. Nearly every product on Nutra is formulated with this in mind. I don't see anyone asking for clinical studies on Recompadrol, or Erase, or Plasmajet, or alpha T2, or.....

So by what process are people justifying the use of those products?

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Southpaw, I wouldn't call ingredient abstracts useless; quite the opposite. An abstract showing an ingredients benefits is evidence or proof that the ingredient is 1) safe (or not), and 2) effective.

This leads us to the question of dose: is it dosed effectively in the product? I agree with whoever said we should be distrustful of proprietary formulas; but on the other hand, I also understand the need for companies to protect their hard work and innovation under proprietary formulas, for example NOShotgun, No-xplode, RagNOrok, RPM, WF, Maximize V2, 1MR, you name it.

So when see a company I like or trust putting out a product, I look at the studies, judge whether or not the ingredient profile is interesting or useful to me; if it is, I go read feedback, and take it from there.

If a product has beta alanine, and creatine, and those compounds both have studies proving they work, doing a clinical study on the new CreAlanine product is...unnecessary, as far as I'm concerned? So from that perspective, studies are very useful, IMO. Nearly every product on Nutra is formulated with this in mind. I don't see anyone asking for clinical studies on Recompadrol, or Erase, or Plasmajet, or alpha T2, or.....

So by what process are people justifying the use of those products?
Understood, but again ASGT isn't marketed as a run of the mill preworkout formula. LG hints in not so vague terms, that your formula goes beyond most others in the category, as possessing the ability to enhance testosterone levels, as such the OP simply asked for proof of this claim and then this thread ended up devolving into something entirely different.

I'm not criticizing LG or saying that ASGT isn't a good product, on the contrary I've heard many good things regarding the formula. Where our opinions diverge, is that I don't believe ASGT has any impact at all hormonally, and if it does, those benefits aren't tangible.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fair enough, southpaw. I hope at some point you'll try it out, and see for yourself. :)

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fair enough, southpaw. I hope at some point you'll try it out, and see for yourself. :)
Hi Poison I've used it in the past and enjoyed it. I used it primarily during my night workouts, since the stims weren't overbearing I was able to get in my workout and fall asleep on schedule. I was never critical of the product, in fact I think it's the best PWO to be used for nightly workouts.

Having tried many different PWO's I've come to conclusion that none are going to drastically change the way you perform in the gym, occasionally I saw some PR's, but I attribute any gains to my diet and training program remaining consistent. I'm not the type to support a product if it doesn't live up to marketing claims. I understand that it's a business and as such you have to move product to be successful, but I despise companies that make wild claims, with no hint of science to backup those claims, apart from abstract studies, since again none of us (consumers) are privy to dosages. I made a conscious decision to support companies that dose their products correctly and according to clinical studies, in that regard APS and Driven Sports have been getting my business lately. This industry is plagued with wild claims and under-dosed products that do more to financially benefit companies, at the expense of their consumers, just my 2 cents. But I do believe ASGT belongs among the top in this category.