GABA question

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
first of all I wanna say that GABA is an awesome supp, great sleep and super relaxation the next day. the only thing is, for some reason i dont always feel like it works. i pretty much always take the same amount (3-4 grams) and sometimes i get the whole flush/shortness of breath and it works..but sometiems i just take it and pass out. food hasnt really been the difference, ive had it work after eating food and had it not work after eating. i also stack it with tryptophan (2-3 gs). is there a 5 days on 2 off way to take it or something? anyone have any knowledge

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
aye I do! 3-4 days on 2-3 off is what I do, but I stack it with melatonin. 2-3g is what I take + 3mg melatonin. Sleep sooooo good! :) I can sleep without it but not that good.. I take it around 5min before I sleep to avoid the flush/shortness of breath thing you mention.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GABA can be very addictive.

you really want to do 5 on 2 off and for no longer than 4 week cycles.

if you take it pre-workout, lets say 3-5 grams there is a study that proves you get a greater GH release than workout out alone.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
aye I do! 3-4 days on 2-3 off is what I do, but I stack it with melatonin. 2-3g is what I take + 3mg melatonin. Sleep sooooo good! :) I can sleep without it but not that good.. I take it around 5min before I sleep to avoid the flush/shortness of breath thing you mention.
i feel like when i get the flush it feels much better the next day. hm weird i should probably space out the days i take it a little bit more.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
GABA can be very addictive.

you really want to do 5 on 2 off and for no longer than 4 week cycles.

if you take it pre-workout, lets say 3-5 grams there is a study that proves you get a greater GH release than workout out alone.
i cant imagine working out with the flush! only sleep time for me. i see what you mean about the addictiveness though, the next day i feel so incredibly relaxed nothing can piss me off. like a reset button to your nervous system and adrenals

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i cant imagine working out with the flush! only sleep time for me. i see what you mean about the addictiveness though, the next day i feel so incredibly relaxed nothing can piss me off. like a reset button to your nervous system and adrenals
what ive done in the past was 2grams pre-workout and 3grams pre-bed 5 on 2 off. the night dose would be on the same day of my training day. 4 week cycles max. i feel it helped me lean out.

you want to start a little lower for pre-workout, and you may catch yourself walking around smiling with people looking at you, lol but with a pre-workout stim im usually good to go.

i took GABA sub-lingual. it hits you faster and stronger. you just gotta have water handy for some reason it almost makes you choke, it seems to be very sweet in a weird way.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i feel like when i get the flush it feels much better the next day. hm weird i should probably space out the days i take it a little bit more.
I tend to notice the flush particularly heavy across the shoulders when I worked shoulders that day

lartinos

lartinos

Awards
This stuff makes me sleep for 4 hours and the I'm wide awake!

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
oh man.. caffeine + gaba = hospital for me.. not a good experience :(

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you MUST be careful when doing cardio on GABA,

your heart rate will be pretty high, so id not use it for HIIT training.

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
I like Gaba also.. take it only before bed.. I get the shortness of breath and the red face from it.. Didn't really notice being more relaxed the morning after, but I'm a relaxed person anyway..
Now that I think of it I do feel kindof pissed-off in the evenings the day after.. hmmm

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
well in my case its superrr relaxation the next day, stops my brain from going too fast

Carcaya

Carcaya

Awards
  • Established
3g preworkout gaba gave me fantastic results. I even hit the cardio hard after lifting and was alright. It seems like the flush was gone by then. I think if you take it consistently for long periods, its effectiveness decreases. That may be part of the hit and miss for you. I just do a 2 week bout at a time Mon to Fri preworkout. Works swell.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i dont know how you can use it pre workout? when i take it before bed i feel like my body feels so heavy and i get way too relaxed to even think about lifting any weights. and it really calms me down. i usually like to get at least a little bit aggressive in the gym

Chequamegon

Awards
GABA is a great sup; very underrated.

It still doesn't hold a candle to its derivative GHB though (or phenibut, for that matter)... its a shame it comes with all that addiction/tolerance/dependence baggage in addition to the obvious legality issues. One of the greatest recovery/sleep drugs ever discovered, IMO.

Same scenario with phenibut, albeit to a lesser extent.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I take a GABA complex that consists of zinc, magnesium, gaba all in 1 dose. It is sold at TP. Take it before bed and sleep really good.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I was just put on Gabapentin, and it's a GABA analogue, for reoccurring back pain. Is it about the same thing?

Yes, it knocks me out.

She said eventually I'd get used to it and be able to use it twice a day without getting tired.

Freakon5

Awards
I take around 2-3 grams of GABA a night and sleep for 6 hours and it feels like i get 8 hours. Great sleep aid.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
There's a decent amount of GABA in somnidren, it will definitely help you sleep and its flavored, so you won't have to choke on the flavor of pure GABA
Whut? my gaba tastes fine :)

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
gaba doesnt really have a flavor in the first place, but it has this really strange aftertaste for me.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i feel like its not the taste itself, more like an after effect like the shortness of breath, face flush. its such a weird feeling when its coming on. GABA is definitely a quality supp, I feel incredible the next day.