one noob question

MarkoPMNE

MarkoPMNE

Awards
hi guys. I am taking 100% Whey protein which has 85gr of protein per 100gr of powder, but last night i used protein intake calculator and saw that i need to take atleast 200gr of protein daily based on my weight....

so my question is: is this 200gr of powder daily or pure 200gr of PROTEIN? As it would seem like to much servings per day, eg. optimum nutrition whey has 24gr per serving that would mean 10 servings in a day for me??

thanx :sleepy:

Chequamegon

Awards
It means total protein... the vast majority of which you should be getting from real foods, not powders.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hi guys. I am taking 100% Whey protein which has 85gr of protein per 100gr of powder, but last night i used protein intake calculator and saw that i need to take atleast 200gr of protein daily based on my weight....

so my question is: is this 200gr of powder daily or pure 200gr of PROTEIN? As it would seem like to much servings per day, eg. optimum nutrition whey has 24gr per serving that would mean 10 servings in a day for me??

thanx :sleepy:
That 200g is 200g of PROTEIN daily - from ALL sources, including food, protein poweder, BCAAs, etc.

Definitely do NOT rely solely on protein powder for your daily requirements of protein - use them more for convenience, or WITH a meal that also contains protein.

~Rosie~
The Primordial Woman

MarkoPMNE

MarkoPMNE

Awards
just one more question: is it ok to take creatine while on antibiotics?

thanx

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ask your doctor.