Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :(

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    mjonesjr8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    112
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    83.09%

    Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :(


    Worst tasting stuff I've ever tried to drink... its has an Unbelievable Taste, alright, nasty.. I don't know if I can drink it.. probably just me or i got a bad one.

  2. Professional Member
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23620
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    37.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    if you wana ship it to me, ill drink it all for you
    CELTIC LABS REP
  3. Senior Member
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9479
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    48.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think all Amino drinks taste like that.
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    sluggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    96.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by mjonesjr8 View Post
    Worst tasting stuff I've ever tried to drink... its has an Unbelievable Taste, alright, nasty.. I don't know if I can drink it.. probably just me or i got a bad one.
    Hahaha..
    No you're right, both flavors taste nasty. Also the grape one dissolves yellow/orange, so much for being clear or tasty.
  5. Senior Member
    10bathroomsO's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    680
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    52.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    i was about to say the grape jack3d disolves yellow orange but then i remebered that the modern bcaa's were supposed to be clear
  6. Senior Member
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    1387
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    While MBCAA's tastes no where near as good as Xtend, they are still bearable. On the other hand, I mixed a scoop of the "Unflavored" MBCAA's with a scoop of Refreshing Watermelon Xtend and noticed that the unflavored flavoring overpowered the watermelon flavoring...
  7. Banned
    sluggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    96.75%

    Realistically I wish I could have got 3 tubs of unflavored, but that wasn't possible. I really don't care about flavor, but if I'm going to be forced to get flavors at least make them decent. Oh well.. USP got me again!
  8. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,252
    Rep Power
    3301
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    I think all Amino drinks taste like that.
    I am using MST's RGB IBCAA - no problem dissolving, the bubba punch flavor taste like fruit punch, best tasting BCAA I have ever tried. 10 grams per serving.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  9. New Member
    bowhunter28's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    97.87%

    I mixed some unflavored with powerade and it honestly tasted like vomit.
  10. New Member
    HankMcCoy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  402 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    85
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    41.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    While MBCAA's tastes no where near as good as Xtend, they are still bearable. On the other hand, I mixed a scoop of the "Unflavored" MBCAA's with a scoop of Refreshing Watermelon Xtend and noticed that the unflavored flavoring overpowered the watermelon flavoring...
    You can keep your Xtend, god knows what artificial crap is in there.
  11. Senior Member
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    1387
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by HankMcCoy View Post
    You can keep your Xtend, god knows what artificial crap is in there.
    Ehh, I only have one small tub of it. I basically just use it as a flavoring agent.
  12. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Lol...... You weeeeenies.

    building muscles aren't supposed to taste good..... Guess no one has ever had bulk bcaa's in here.

    I would take a poorly flavored bcaa over a completely unflavored bcaa and I'd take a properly balanced bcaa over any great flavored bcaa any day.

    I'd love to try usplabs bcaa's, anyone want to get rid of their unwanteds hit me up
  13. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,252
    Rep Power
    3301
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    Lol...... You weeeeenies.

    building muscles aren't supposed to taste good..... Guess no one has ever had bulk bcaa's in here.

    I would take a poorly flavored bcaa over a completely unflavored bcaa and I'd take a properly balanced bcaa over any great flavored bcaa any day.

    I'd love to try usplabs bcaa's, anyone want to get rid of their unwanteds hit me up
    x 2!!!

    I have used bulk bcaa powders, hell just about bulk everything from nutra planet, and I would much rather have a half ass flavor then the bitter taste of unflavored bcaa...

    I love ASGT, but hate the taste. but it works and that's the point of a supplement

    if you just want flavored water get you some crystal light lol
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  14. Senior Member
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    1387
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    building muscles aren't supposed to taste good.....
    Haha, come on now... Look at Optimum Nutrition. They practically built an empire selling non-traditional, full-flavored, proteins. In fact, plenty of consumers willingly pay extra for their patented flavoring schemes.

    Much like protein, since BCAA's are incorporated into my daily supplement regimen, flavoring is a huge selling point. Plus, it's refreshing to be able to slowly sip on your BCAA's rather than quickly chugging them down.
  15. Senior Member
    stopstalking's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    196984
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    25.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i with southerncharm and poopypants... first off who cares what it taste like. second they dont even taste that bad (taste like most aminos i have ever tried). I got a great deal in the inner circle but i will be buying these again even at regular price
  16. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,252
    Rep Power
    3301
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think of flavor as an added bonus. If the product works, and is a good value, then it's good to go IMO, but if it has a good taste to it, then it's all win.
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  17. Senior Member
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    1387
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Also, I'm not trying to discredit MBCAA's efficacy. I couldn't be happier with the recent IC release. I was simply commenting on the taste, not overall effectiveness.
  18. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,252
    Rep Power
    3301
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    Haha, come on now... Look at Optimum Nutrition.
    I will agree with that. Those guys have many many different flavors to choose from, most have been good that I have tried. My most memorable taste that I loved was Threshold by ON. It was their beta alanine supplement. It will make your already good stuff even better... But bulk is cheaper of course so I go with that. Will others be willing to pay a little more for a flavor that's easier on the palette? Maybe so but I have gotten away from that sort of thinking because money is so tight right now, and I have also just been slamming things down to get them down (bcaas, creatine, TUNA, etc...)
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  19. Banned
    wsaucer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    82.51%

    The taste isnt really all that bad. I put two scoops of modernBCAA in 25oz. of water for my track workouts and then I use a scoop or modernBCAA and a scoop of PP's BCAA in 20oz of water for my weight room workouts and it still tastes decent....
  20. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,378
    Rep Power
    3916500
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    Lol...... You weeeeenies.

    building muscles aren't supposed to taste good..... Guess no one has ever had bulk bcaa's in here.

    I would take a poorly flavored bcaa over a completely unflavored bcaa and I'd take a properly balanced bcaa over any great flavored bcaa any day.

    I'd love to try usplabs bcaa's, anyone want to get rid of their unwanteds hit me up
    Exactly. The purpose of the supplement is to provide results...not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex

    I'll take results and quality over taste 10 times out of 10. Everyone ship their MBCAA to me! (or any other quality bad tasting supps)

    On another note, I tried my MBCAA today for the first time and did my typical trick. Mix with as little water as possible for it to dissolve, drink as fast as possible in as little sips as possible (you dont taste it till u stop drinking it), and then chase it with some orange juice. No problemo
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  21. Professional Member
    SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,252
    Rep Power
    3301
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    18.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    "not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex"


    epic......... LMAO
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

    All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

    Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  22. NutraPlanet Rep
    MrBigPR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,619
    Rep Power
    5557
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    87.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    "not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex"


    epic......... LMAO
    leave it up to natty
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  23. New Member
    bowhunter28's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    97.87%

    The white blue raspberry flavor tastes much better than the unflavored.
  24. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    503
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    60.7%

    I thought I was the only one! I was reading in the USP forums and everyone was **** riding, talking about how great they tasted. I'm not sure its the taste as much as the smell. When I go to take a drink, it smells like a bottle of farts. I'm going to give it a shot and see if it gives me any noticeable results over the next two months. If not, will not be purchasing again, especially considering the price.
  25. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    Haha, come on now... Look at Optimum Nutrition. They practically built an empire selling non-traditional, full-flavored, proteins. In fact, plenty of consumers willingly pay extra for their patented flavoring schemes.

    Much like protein, since BCAA's are incorporated into my daily supplement regimen, flavoring is a huge selling point. Plus, it's refreshing to be able to slowly sip on your BCAA's rather than quickly chugging them down.
    Except the thing with optimum is they are in fact a quality whey product at a very reasonable price.....well at least for me they are, my buddy is general manager at gnc so i get their red stickers at an insanely low price, even with him its usually 70 something servings or so for

    But its all about the bulks for me.... the more staple supplements I purchase in bulk the more I can take advantage of great deals on ground breaking specialized products... Shoot of don't like the taste of your bulks cap em, chug em, parachute them, whatever...this is body building/weight lifting not jazzercize...
  26. NutraPlanet Rep
    MrBigPR's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,619
    Rep Power
    5557
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    87.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    lmao, poopy ur on it as always. optimum is quality...there still a bit expensive Now compared to other things but I pick them up at the right price.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  27. Senior Member
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    1387
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    Except the thing with optimum is they are in fact a quality whey product at a very reasonable price.....well at least for me they are, my buddy is general manager at gnc so i get their red stickers at an insanely low price, even with him its usually 70 something servings or so for

    But its all about the bulks for me.... the more staple supplements I purchase in bulk the more I can take advantage of great deals on ground breaking specialized products... Shoot of don't like the taste of your bulks cap em, chug em, parachute them, whatever...this is body building/weight lifting not jazzercize...
    Just curious, but when did quality come into play? I was commenting on the importance of flavoring, not a product's caliber. Of course bulk supplementation is the more economical route. But, that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your taste buds.

    Also, don't patronize me with the jazzercize comment... There's nothing effeminate about wanting a more palatable supplement.
  28. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Very Honest question.

    Do people expect the Unflavored to taste good?
  29. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by wearedbleedblue View Post
    I thought I was the only one! I was reading in the USP forums and everyone was **** riding, talking about how great they tasted. I'm not sure its the taste as much as the smell. When I go to take a drink, it smells like a bottle of farts. I'm going to give it a shot and see if it gives me any noticeable results over the next two months. If not, will not be purchasing again, especially considering the price.
    There are reports on our forum of bad taste along good taste. You can find both opinions on this forum of good, bad, and ok taste.

    I'm a little confused why some think the Unflavored are suppose to taste good....
  30. Senior Member
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    1387
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Very Honest question.

    Do people expect the Unflavored to taste good?
    With all due respect, according to the product's write-up:

    We made it VERY clear to our R & D team – USPlabs Modern BCAA™ MUST be developed under these strict rules:

    * BCAA Ratio formulation with mTOR activation in mind
    * Ultra-Micronized
    * Must Mix Clean
    * No Artificial Colors
    * No Artificial Flavors
    * GREAT taste
    * No L-Glutamine
  31. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    503
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    60.7%

    I haven't tried the unflavored kind yet, I'm speaking only of the grape and the white blue raspberry.
  32. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11116
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Exactly. The purpose of the supplement is to provide results...not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    "not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex"


    epic......... LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    leave it up to natty
    This, and I challenge you kiddies to drink bulk Leucine...or NAC.

    OR

    Take an uncapped Anabolic Pump/Yellow Gold serving.

    You don't know the true meaning of 'tastes bad.'
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  33. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    With all due respect, according to the product's write-up:
    If you purchased a chocolate protein that tastes amazing from your brand of choice and then purchased the unflavored.

    You would expect the unflavored to taste good.

    I thought it was common knowledge in the market place that unflavored means it is not flavored so it will carry the natural flavor of the compounds.

    Am I off base here?
  34. Professional Member
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,370
    Rep Power
    2765919
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    63.48%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Haven't tried my Modern BCAA's just yet finishing up my LG's BC+EAAs and my Power Shock. But i'm with most guys that we aren't in it for the flavoring, if it works it works. We all have chugged nasty tasting supplements cause they work. I remember LG's original Anadraulic State that flavoring wasn't the best, but it worked so i used it. So just put on your big boy panties and chug it.
  35. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    Just curious, but when did quality come into play?
    as soon as everyone started complaining about a quality product which took a backseat to taste, imo quality trumps taste any day, that JUST MY OPINION, but should be the case in the world of bbing and powerlifting, I want to get every last extra muscle fiber, every last rep possible, and shouldn't have to worry that I'm putting an additive or flavor system ahead of quality that can get me those results
    I was commenting on the importance of flavoring, not a product's caliber. Of course bulk supplementation is the more economical route. But, that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your taste buds.

    Also, don't patronize me with the jazzercize comment... There's nothing effeminate about wanting a more palatable supplement.
    Once again not taking any personal jabs at you just trying to lighten up the subject with some humor, all the same this isn't a sport for pussies, it takes insurmountable hard work and dedication to get quality results and imo it sounds preeeetty weeeenie to complain about flavor of a substance like bcaa's which have been known to traditionally just not taste good at all especially when a company like usplabs, a tried and tested company that delivers innovative quality supps day in and day out, has given us their rendition of a quality staple product.
  36. Senior Member
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    1387
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    as soon as everyone started complaining about a quality product which took a backseat to taste, imo quality trumps taste any day, that JUST MY OPINION, but should be the case in the world of bbing and powerlifting, I want to get every last extra muscle fiber, every last rep possible, and shouldn't have to worry that I'm putting an additive or flavor system ahead of quality that can get me those results
    Once again not taking any personal jabs at you just trying to lighten up the subject with some humor, all the same this isn't a sport for pussies, it takes insurmountable hard work and dedication to get quality results and imo it sounds preeeetty weeeenie to complain about flavor of a substance like bcaa's which have been known to traditionally just not taste good at all especially when a company like usplabs, a tried and tested company that delivers innovative quality supps day in and day out, has given us their rendition of a quality staple product.
    Not once during the entirety of this thread was I complaining. I was simply giving my personal opinion regarding the taste, and only the taste. If I didn't believe in the functionality of MBCAA's, or USPlabs, I wouldn't purchase the said product.

    Really though, I am not some uninformed newjack. I know what it takes to be successful in bodybuilding, and life in general. Also, like supplementation flavoring, opinions are completely subjective. My opinion is just as valid as yours, and vice versa.
  37. Registered User
    TheOne310's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    14.98%

    your "intelligent" posts make me lol hoopem, are you a nerd? srs question.
  38. Senior Member
    hoopem6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    1387
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    If you purchased a chocolate protein that tastes amazing from your brand of choice and then purchased the unflavored.

    You would expect the unflavored to taste good.

    I thought it was common knowledge in the market place that unflavored means it is not flavored so it will carry the natural flavor of the compounds.

    Am I off base here?
    Nope, not at all. As I stated previously, I find the unflavored MBCAA's bearable. I was just alluding to where a user might have gotten the wrong impression concerning the product's taste.
  39. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    This, and I challenge you kiddies to drink bulk Leucine...or NAC.

    OR

    Take an uncapped Anabolic Pump/Yellow Gold serving.

    You don't know the true meaning of 'tastes bad.'
    I actually have half a 500g tub of l-leucine in my cupboard.... Must mean something happened to the other half

    Try bulk aakg, aee, cee.... Naaaaasty.... That's whee the capping and parachuting comes into play.
  40. Registered User
    TheOne310's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    120
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    14.98%

  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Inner circle Modern bcaa? anyone got it?
    By halfhuman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 01:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in