Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :( - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :(

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. New Member

For a BCAA supplement I think they taste great. Even better than Extend or BC+EAA.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

You also have to consider the fact that the mbcaas are naturally flavored. That was the selling point for me over xtend. I don't want all the sucralose and dyes.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    You also have to consider the fact that the mbcaas are naturally flavored. That was the selling point for me over xtend. I don't want all the sucralose and dyes.
    I agree.. My MBCAA's haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment on the taste but this stuff not containing any artificial sweeteners, or dyes attracts me.
    Staying healthy is more important than getting big is to me. Just a little bit
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    This, and I challenge you kiddies to drink bulk Leucine...or NAC.

OR

Take an uncapped Anabolic Pump/Yellow Gold serving.

You don't know the true meaning of 'tastes bad.'
    It shouldnt be called Yellow Gold more like Yellow Death lol. I thought everyone was being pussays when they complained about it but the 1st time I took it it got stuck in my throat and I couldnt drink enough water to get it down. So what did my body do? I threw up and guess what I still tasted that nasty stuff. Oh well I think I will open that tub up again soon haha.
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ever try bulk super cissus in water...now thats gross lol, and yes the bulk leucine was like drinking chalk lol
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    I am using MST's RGB IBCAA - no problem dissolving, the bubba punch flavor taste like fruit punch, best tasting BCAA I have ever tried. 10 grams per serving.
    Agreed!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tWack View Post
    I agree.. My MBCAA's haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment on the taste but this stuff not containing any artificial sweeteners, or dyes attracts me.
    Staying healthy is more important than getting big is to me. Just a little bit
    Uh guise, read the label. Contains Sucralose...
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Frankly I think the flavor, considering that they are natural for both of the two flavored ones I have, are quite good. Xtend tasted fine but I got sick of the overly artificial flavor way before I finished my big tubs of it. MBCAA is not perfect but it is better than almost anything else I have tried with the exception of LG BC+EAA in the kiwi-straw flavor.

The unflavored does not taste good at all, who freaking cares, it works and mixes just fine into a shake.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  9. Advanced Member

I'm actually quite surprised by this. My package just arrive this morning, opened the grape, like the taste, though it was a little mild maybe, but refreshing in 500ml of water. Mixed clear in that I could see though it, nothing floating. Slight tint to the water.

Sure the flavours arn't has heavy as xtend but for me that works to my favour. Less crap added but also I find I get sick of xtend flavours quick so this is a nice mid point.

If you think it tastes bad, make sure your water doesn't taste like ass first. Maybe I'm lucky that in ireland where I live, water is super clean out of the tap.

I've had BAD tasting supplements, but certainly is not one of them. If there's any problem, just add more water, which you'll probably need if you're putting in a real workout :-P
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SynergyIre View Post
    I'm actually quite surprised by this. My package just arrive this morning, opened the grape, like the taste, though it was a little mild maybe, but refreshing in 500ml of water. Mixed clear in that I could see though it, nothing floating. Slight tint to the water.

Sure the flavours arn't has heavy as xtend but for me that works to my favour. Less crap added but also I find I get sick of xtend flavours quick so this is a nice mid point.

If you think it tastes bad, make sure your water doesn't taste like ass first. Maybe I'm lucky that in ireland where I live, water is super clean out of the tap.

I've had BAD tasting supplements, but certainly is not one of them. If there's any problem, just add more water, which you'll probably need if you're putting in a real workout :-P
    Don't be reminding me of how good the water is in Ireland; I miss that almost as much as the beer and great seafood from the coast. For those that don't know, there is a reason that Irish beer and whiskey taste so good, the water is second to none over there .
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

LG BC+EAA tastes like complete ass, I don't care what anyone says.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

I personally really Like the white blue raspberry flavor. I also feel better and healthier with out all the dyes. I never like lgs bc+eaa I don't know what others where thinking. It just shows the difference from person to person.

I remember the first time I tried yellow gold. That tastes like throwing up bile. But anyways I will continue to use the white blue raspberry mbcaa, I have a few nutra bulk tubs of bcaa if I want to complain about taste. Any ibcaa product will taste far better.
  13. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Holy crap... amazing. Come on, you people ordered a 8:1:1 mix... you can take the bite away, but won't turn that much leucine into a ****ing dreamcicle.

If you need more flavor, add some crystal light. Get over it. The flavor is fine for a good 8:1:1 mix.
    The Historic PES Legend
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I actualy find the Flavor quite pleasing, Not overly sweet at all. However at first I was a little disappointed in the mixability, but if you shake it good and lit it sit for a few, it'll dissolve almost completely! Solid product usp- thanks.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Ok, I take it back. I must have been having too many sweets when I gave it a shot before. I had the white blue raspberry today again. This time I shook it up more, let it sit a little longer and used water that wasn't as cold as last time.

This time, the taste was much better. I'm going to try cutting it half and half with the unflavored and see if its still alright. So far, this is the best tasting BCAA product I've tried, but its still not like candy. There is still a slight stink to it though.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne310 View Post
    LG BC+EAA tastes like complete ass, I don't care what anyone says.
    i agree 100%..

good job with these usp. Taste is pretty decent witch is hard to say for almost any bcaa product.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

I never tried this product so I'm not commenting on it, itself.

I'm commenting on the flavor aspect. Who cares about flavor? I do. You're only lying to yourself if you say you don't care. Especially when there are defintiely products out there that taste just fine and also have good profiles.

Taste matters. No other way around it.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  402 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Frankly I think the flavor, considering that they are natural for both of the two flavored ones I have, are quite good. Xtend tasted fine but I got sick of the overly artificial flavor way before I finished my big tubs of it. MBCAA is not perfect but it is better than almost anything else I have tried with the exception of LG BC+EAA in the kiwi-straw flavor.

The unflavored does not taste good at all, who freaking cares, it works and mixes just fine into a shake.
    Sucralose....
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizmal View Post
    I never tried this product so I'm not commenting on it, itself.

I'm commenting on the flavor aspect. Who cares about flavor? I do. You're only lying to yourself if you say you don't care. Especially when there are defintiely products out there that taste just fine and also have good profiles.

Taste matters. No other way around it.
    When it comes to intra workout drinks taste might be a bigger factor. Because u cant just chug the drink and be done with it well u can but u r supposed to sip on it throughout ur workout.
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.

Alot of people been complaining and all about taste and mixability but you guys have to really look at the pros of this epic supplement.

1.There is NO artificial flavoring so of course it isn't going to taste like Xtend. It as a subtle yet refreshing taste in which I enjoy.

2.As far as mixing, its still much better than any other product out there.

3. Look at the content of the product 8:1:1 ratio AND a revolutionary glutamine supp.

5. NO unflavored BCAA tastes good. Its common sense that,you mix it with something else

5.The price is really great for what your getting

Being an athlete, I am not worried about the taste but more worried about the performance of my body. Let's be reasonable guys
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Honestly, try Body Mortar. The best Bcaa, hell even best supplement drink I have ever tried.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeazy View Post
    Honestly, try Body Mortar. The best Bcaa, hell even best supplement drink I have ever tried.
    Did u try the carb version or carb free?
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Just took my first sip of 1 scoop Grape Bubblegum in about 1 liter of cold water. It mixed in with no floaties in about 30 seconds. Taste is very light with a sliught leucine after taste, not offensive but not ZOMG gotta drink more. It'll be easy to drink the whole liter. Easy way to get my leucine spike pre-meal. Happy with the purchase.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

The white raspberry Jacked is the best flavour yet for me, I love it. I haven't tried the BCAA yet, saving that for my cutting. I know that I will be mixing it with more water so it will be weaker. The fact that it disolves is the key for me.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  25. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Holy crap... amazing. Come on, you people ordered a 8:1:1 mix... you can take the bite away, but won't turn that much leucine into a ****ing dreamcicle.

If you need more flavor, add some crystal light. Get over it. The flavor is fine for a good 8:1:1 mix.
    Ha, exactly! I can understand that people may have an aversion to the mildness of the flavor, given how strong most other products taste, but the fact our team made this much leucine taste palatable deserves a Nobel Prize for chemistry. This is with natural flavors, too, which makes it that much more impressive.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Just took my first sip of 1 scoop Grape Bubblegum in about 1 liter of cold water. It mixed in with no floaties in about 30 seconds. Taste is very light with a sliught leucine after taste, not offensive but not ZOMG gotta drink more. It'll be easy to drink the whole liter. Easy way to get my leucine spike pre-meal. Happy with the purchase.
    I just did another scoop in 500ml water, took a few more shakes to fully dissolve, but did so in under a minute. Taste was still rather mild, with a leucine aftertaste. Still liking it for my pre-meal leucine spikes.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Ha, exactly! I can understand that people may have an aversion to the mildness of the flavor, given how strong most other products taste, but the fact our team made this much leucine taste palatable deserves a Nobel Prize for chemistry. This is with natural flavors, too, which makes it that much more impressive.
    I give you all two big thumbs up on Modern BCAA; truly impressive it is naturally flavored. And the new white raspberry Jack3d is the best effort yet, well done.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Carb free. I'm a girl when it comes out to sports drinks. If it doesn't taste good, I simply won't drink it. I drink Body Mortar all day long, it tastes exactly like lemon heads.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.

I give you all two big thumbs up on Modern BCAA; truly impressive it is naturally flavored. And the new white raspberry Jack3d is the best effort yet, well done.
    I havent tried Jacked in over a year. I'm currently loving 1 M.R. but White raspberry sounds good.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I have some sitting at my desk here at work tempting me... "What did you say... mix you up and drink you ..." I really shouldn't it's an off day...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  31. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I have some sitting at my desk here at work tempting me... "What did you say... mix you up and drink you ..." I really shouldn't it's an off day...
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Lol this is good stuff... My lg eaa+bcaa has just a faint flavor, and sometimes the smell is a bit queefy.. But hey, I'm drinking this shtuff in the gym to help rebuild muscle, not sipping effing cosmos next to a pool. Deal with it, ladies.
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Would the carb version reduce the uptake of the Amino Acids?
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

All BCAA's taste bad.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    Would the carb version reduce the uptake of the Amino Acids?
    I merely asked because I dont need carbs because Im an endo lol.
  36. New Member

when will this arrive at Nutraplanet?
  37. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

this stuff is awesome hands down.i dont see any reason to complain about the flavor.i prefer the mild flavor over something that tastes super artificial and makes me kinda sick during an intense workout.i mixed the raspberry and could barley tell it was in my water.will use this from now on.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/173268-repthats-logging-adamantium.html#post2832363
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

I merely asked because I dont need carbs because Im an endo lol.
    I was asking becaause im an ecto, and i am well on my way to becoming a diabetic trying to intake so many calories.

39. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RepThat21 View Post
    this stuff is awesome hands down.i dont see any reason to complain about the flavor.i prefer the mild flavor over something that tastes super artificial and makes me kinda sick during an intense workout.i mixed the raspberry and could barley tell it was in my water.will use this from now on.
    I think people are SO use too Artificial strong chemical tastes with artificial colors because that is in every product on the market and they will slowly shift our way and appreciate the natural refreshing flavor. this is a fresh change for the better in my opinion plus the 8:1:1 rearched ratio to stimulate mTor.
  40. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    I was asking becaause im an ecto, and i am well on my way to becoming a diabetic trying to intake so many calories.

Quoted for Truth

Force feeding FTW!!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Inner circle Modern bcaa? anyone got it?
    By halfhuman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 11:02 PM