Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :(

M

mjonesjr8

Awards
Worst tasting stuff I've ever tried to drink... its has an Unbelievable Taste, alright, nasty.. I don't know if I can drink it.. probably just me or i got a bad one.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
if you wana ship it to me, ill drink it all for you

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I think all Amino drinks taste like that.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Worst tasting stuff I've ever tried to drink... its has an Unbelievable Taste, alright, nasty.. I don't know if I can drink it.. probably just me or i got a bad one.
Hahaha..
No you're right, both flavors taste nasty. Also the grape one dissolves yellow/orange, so much for being clear or tasty.

10bathroomsO

10bathroomsO

Awards
  • Established
i was about to say the grape jack3d disolves yellow orange but then i remebered that the modern bcaa's were supposed to be clear

H

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
While MBCAA's tastes no where near as good as Xtend, they are still bearable. On the other hand, I mixed a scoop of the "Unflavored" MBCAA's with a scoop of Refreshing Watermelon Xtend and noticed that the unflavored flavoring overpowered the watermelon flavoring...

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Realistically I wish I could have got 3 tubs of unflavored, but that wasn't possible. I really don't care about flavor, but if I'm going to be forced to get flavors at least make them decent. Oh well.. USP got me again!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I think all Amino drinks taste like that.
I am using MST's RGB IBCAA - no problem dissolving, the bubba punch flavor taste like fruit punch, best tasting BCAA I have ever tried. 10 grams per serving.

bowhunter28

bowhunter28

Awards
  • Established
I mixed some unflavored with powerade and it honestly tasted like vomit.

HankMcCoy

HankMcCoy

Awards
While MBCAA's tastes no where near as good as Xtend, they are still bearable. On the other hand, I mixed a scoop of the "Unflavored" MBCAA's with a scoop of Refreshing Watermelon Xtend and noticed that the unflavored flavoring overpowered the watermelon flavoring...
You can keep your Xtend, god knows what artificial crap is in there.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol...... You weeeeenies.

building muscles aren't supposed to taste good..... Guess no one has ever had bulk bcaa's in here.

I would take a poorly flavored bcaa over a completely unflavored bcaa and I'd take a properly balanced bcaa over any great flavored bcaa any day.

I'd love to try usplabs bcaa's, anyone want to get rid of their unwanteds hit me up

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established

building muscles aren't supposed to taste good..... Guess no one has ever had bulk bcaa's in here.

I would take a poorly flavored bcaa over a completely unflavored bcaa and I'd take a properly balanced bcaa over any great flavored bcaa any day.

I'd love to try usplabs bcaa's, anyone want to get rid of their unwanteds hit me up
x 2!!!

I have used bulk bcaa powders, hell just about bulk everything from nutra planet, and I would much rather have a half ass flavor then the bitter taste of unflavored bcaa...:dead1:

I love ASGT, but hate the taste. but it works and that's the point of a supplement

if you just want flavored water get you some crystal light lol

H

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
building muscles aren't supposed to taste good.....
Haha, come on now... Look at Optimum Nutrition. They practically built an empire selling non-traditional, full-flavored, proteins. In fact, plenty of consumers willingly pay extra for their patented flavoring schemes.

Much like protein, since BCAA's are incorporated into my daily supplement regimen, flavoring is a huge selling point. Plus, it's refreshing to be able to slowly sip on your BCAA's rather than quickly chugging them down.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i with southerncharm and poopypants... first off who cares what it taste like. second they dont even taste that bad (taste like most aminos i have ever tried). I got a great deal in the inner circle but i will be buying these again even at regular price

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I think of flavor as an added bonus. If the product works, and is a good value, then it's good to go IMO, but if it has a good taste to it, then it's all win.

H

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Also, I'm not trying to discredit MBCAA's efficacy. I couldn't be happier with the recent IC release. I was simply commenting on the taste, not overall effectiveness.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Haha, come on now... Look at Optimum Nutrition.
I will agree with that. Those guys have many many different flavors to choose from, most have been good that I have tried. My most memorable taste that I loved was Threshold by ON. It was their beta alanine supplement. It will make your already good stuff even better... But bulk is cheaper of course so I go with that. Will others be willing to pay a little more for a flavor that's easier on the palette? Maybe so but I have gotten away from that sort of thinking because money is so tight right now, and I have also just been slamming things down to get them down (bcaas, creatine, TUNA, etc...)

W

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The taste isnt really all that bad. I put two scoops of modernBCAA in 25oz. of water for my track workouts and then I use a scoop or modernBCAA and a scoop of PP's BCAA in 20oz of water for my weight room workouts and it still tastes decent....

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Exactly. The purpose of the supplement is to provide results...not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex

I'll take results and quality over taste 10 times out of 10. Everyone ship their MBCAA to me! (or any other quality bad tasting supps)

On another note, I tried my MBCAA today for the first time and did my typical trick. Mix with as little water as possible for it to dissolve, drink as fast as possible in as little sips as possible (you dont taste it till u stop drinking it), and then chase it with some orange juice. No problemo

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
"not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex"

epic......... LMAO

bowhunter28

bowhunter28

Awards
  • Established
The white blue raspberry flavor tastes much better than the unflavored.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I thought I was the only one! I was reading in the USP forums and everyone was **** riding, talking about how great they tasted. I'm not sure its the taste as much as the smell. When I go to take a drink, it smells like a bottle of farts. I'm going to give it a shot and see if it gives me any noticeable results over the next two months. If not, will not be purchasing again, especially considering the price.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Haha, come on now... Look at Optimum Nutrition. They practically built an empire selling non-traditional, full-flavored, proteins. In fact, plenty of consumers willingly pay extra for their patented flavoring schemes.

Much like protein, since BCAA's are incorporated into my daily supplement regimen, flavoring is a huge selling point. Plus, it's refreshing to be able to slowly sip on your BCAA's rather than quickly chugging them down.
Except the thing with optimum is they are in fact a quality whey product at a very reasonable price.....well at least for me they are, my buddy is general manager at gnc so i get their red stickers at an insanely low price, even with him its usually 70 something servings or so for

But its all about the bulks for me.... the more staple supplements I purchase in bulk the more I can take advantage of great deals on ground breaking specialized products... Shoot of don't like the taste of your bulks cap em, chug em, parachute them, whatever...this is body building/weight lifting not jazzercize...

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
lmao, poopy ur on it as always. optimum is quality...there still a bit expensive Now compared to other things but I pick them up at the right price.

H

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Except the thing with optimum is they are in fact a quality whey product at a very reasonable price.....well at least for me they are, my buddy is general manager at gnc so i get their red stickers at an insanely low price, even with him its usually 70 something servings or so for

But its all about the bulks for me.... the more staple supplements I purchase in bulk the more I can take advantage of great deals on ground breaking specialized products... Shoot of don't like the taste of your bulks cap em, chug em, parachute them, whatever...this is body building/weight lifting not jazzercize...
Just curious, but when did quality come into play? I was commenting on the importance of flavoring, not a product's caliber. Of course bulk supplementation is the more economical route. But, that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your taste buds.

Also, don't patronize me with the jazzercize comment... There's nothing effeminate about wanting a more palatable supplement.

G

Very Honest question.

Do people expect the Unflavored to taste good?

G

I thought I was the only one! I was reading in the USP forums and everyone was **** riding, talking about how great they tasted. I'm not sure its the taste as much as the smell. When I go to take a drink, it smells like a bottle of farts. I'm going to give it a shot and see if it gives me any noticeable results over the next two months. If not, will not be purchasing again, especially considering the price.
There are reports on our forum of bad taste along good taste. You can find both opinions on this forum of good, bad, and ok taste.

I'm a little confused why some think the Unflavored are suppose to taste good....

H

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Very Honest question.

Do people expect the Unflavored to taste good?
With all due respect, according to the product's write-up:

We made it VERY clear to our R & D team – USPlabs Modern BCAA™ MUST be developed under these strict rules:

* BCAA Ratio formulation with mTOR activation in mind
* Ultra-Micronized
* Must Mix Clean
* No Artificial Colors
* No Artificial Flavors
* GREAT taste
* No L-Glutamine

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried the unflavored kind yet, I'm speaking only of the grape and the white blue raspberry.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. The purpose of the supplement is to provide results...not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex
"not to make it feel like your taste buds are having sex"

epic......... LMAO
leave it up to natty :D
This, and I challenge you kiddies to drink bulk Leucine...or NAC. :006:

OR

Take an uncapped Anabolic Pump/Yellow Gold serving.

You don't know the true meaning of 'tastes bad.'

G

With all due respect, according to the product's write-up:
If you purchased a chocolate protein that tastes amazing from your brand of choice and then purchased the unflavored.

You would expect the unflavored to taste good.

I thought it was common knowledge in the market place that unflavored means it is not flavored so it will carry the natural flavor of the compounds.

Am I off base here?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't tried my Modern BCAA's just yet finishing up my LG's BC+EAAs and my Power Shock. But i'm with most guys that we aren't in it for the flavoring, if it works it works. We all have chugged nasty tasting supplements cause they work. I remember LG's original Anadraulic State that flavoring wasn't the best, but it worked so i used it. So just put on your big boy panties and chug it.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just curious, but when did quality come into play?
as soon as everyone started complaining about a quality product which took a backseat to taste, imo quality trumps taste any day, that JUST MY OPINION, but should be the case in the world of bbing and powerlifting, I want to get every last extra muscle fiber, every last rep possible, and shouldn't have to worry that I'm putting an additive or flavor system ahead of quality that can get me those results
I was commenting on the importance of flavoring, not a product's caliber. Of course bulk supplementation is the more economical route. But, that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your taste buds.

Also, don't patronize me with the jazzercize comment... There's nothing effeminate about wanting a more palatable supplement.
Once again not taking any personal jabs at you just trying to lighten up the subject with some humor, all the same this isn't a sport for pussies, it takes insurmountable hard work and dedication to get quality results and imo it sounds preeeetty weeeenie to complain about flavor of a substance like bcaa's which have been known to traditionally just not taste good at all especially when a company like usplabs, a tried and tested company that delivers innovative quality supps day in and day out, has given us their rendition of a quality staple product.

H

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
as soon as everyone started complaining about a quality product which took a backseat to taste, imo quality trumps taste any day, that JUST MY OPINION, but should be the case in the world of bbing and powerlifting, I want to get every last extra muscle fiber, every last rep possible, and shouldn't have to worry that I'm putting an additive or flavor system ahead of quality that can get me those results
Once again not taking any personal jabs at you just trying to lighten up the subject with some humor, all the same this isn't a sport for pussies, it takes insurmountable hard work and dedication to get quality results and imo it sounds preeeetty weeeenie to complain about flavor of a substance like bcaa's which have been known to traditionally just not taste good at all especially when a company like usplabs, a tried and tested company that delivers innovative quality supps day in and day out, has given us their rendition of a quality staple product.
Not once during the entirety of this thread was I complaining. I was simply giving my personal opinion regarding the taste, and only the taste. If I didn't believe in the functionality of MBCAA's, or USPlabs, I wouldn't purchase the said product.

Really though, I am not some uninformed newjack. I know what it takes to be successful in bodybuilding, and life in general. Also, like supplementation flavoring, opinions are completely subjective. My opinion is just as valid as yours, and vice versa.

T

TheOne310

Awards
your "intelligent" posts make me lol hoopem, are you a nerd? srs question.

H

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
If you purchased a chocolate protein that tastes amazing from your brand of choice and then purchased the unflavored.

You would expect the unflavored to taste good.

I thought it was common knowledge in the market place that unflavored means it is not flavored so it will carry the natural flavor of the compounds.

Am I off base here?
Nope, not at all. As I stated previously, I find the unflavored MBCAA's bearable. I was just alluding to where a user might have gotten the wrong impression concerning the product's taste.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established

OR

I actually have half a 500g tub of l-leucine in my cupboard.... Must mean something happened to the other half :rolleyes:

Try bulk aakg, aee, cee.... Naaaaasty.... That's whee the capping and parachuting comes into play.

smutty

smutty

Awards
For a BCAA supplement I think they taste great. Even better than Extend or BC+EAA.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
You also have to consider the fact that the mbcaas are naturally flavored. That was the selling point for me over xtend. I don't want all the sucralose and dyes.

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
You also have to consider the fact that the mbcaas are naturally flavored. That was the selling point for me over xtend. I don't want all the sucralose and dyes.
I agree.. My MBCAA's haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment on the taste but this stuff not containing any artificial sweeteners, or dyes attracts me.
Staying healthy is more important than getting big is to me. Just a little bit :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

OR

It shouldnt be called Yellow Gold more like Yellow Death lol. I thought everyone was being pussays when they complained about it but the 1st time I took it it got stuck in my throat and I couldnt drink enough water to get it down. So what did my body do? I threw up and guess what I still tasted that nasty stuff. Oh well I think I will open that tub up again soon haha.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ever try bulk super cissus in water...now thats gross lol, and yes the bulk leucine was like drinking chalk lol

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am using MST's RGB IBCAA - no problem dissolving, the bubba punch flavor taste like fruit punch, best tasting BCAA I have ever tried. 10 grams per serving.
Agreed!

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree.. My MBCAA's haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment on the taste but this stuff not containing any artificial sweeteners, or dyes attracts me.
Staying healthy is more important than getting big is to me. Just a little bit :)
Uh guise, read the label. Contains Sucralose...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Frankly I think the flavor, considering that they are natural for both of the two flavored ones I have, are quite good. Xtend tasted fine but I got sick of the overly artificial flavor way before I finished my big tubs of it. MBCAA is not perfect but it is better than almost anything else I have tried with the exception of LG BC+EAA in the kiwi-straw flavor.

The unflavored does not taste good at all, who freaking cares, it works and mixes just fine into a shake.

S

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
I'm actually quite surprised by this. My package just arrive this morning, opened the grape, like the taste, though it was a little mild maybe, but refreshing in 500ml of water. Mixed clear in that I could see though it, nothing floating. Slight tint to the water.

Sure the flavours arn't has heavy as xtend but for me that works to my favour. Less crap added but also I find I get sick of xtend flavours quick so this is a nice mid point.

If you think it tastes bad, make sure your water doesn't taste like ass first. Maybe I'm lucky that in ireland where I live, water is super clean out of the tap.

I've had BAD tasting supplements, but certainly is not one of them. If there's any problem, just add more water, which you'll probably need if you're putting in a real workout :p

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm actually quite surprised by this. My package just arrive this morning, opened the grape, like the taste, though it was a little mild maybe, but refreshing in 500ml of water. Mixed clear in that I could see though it, nothing floating. Slight tint to the water.

Sure the flavours arn't has heavy as xtend but for me that works to my favour. Less crap added but also I find I get sick of xtend flavours quick so this is a nice mid point.

If you think it tastes bad, make sure your water doesn't taste like ass first. Maybe I'm lucky that in ireland where I live, water is super clean out of the tap.

I've had BAD tasting supplements, but certainly is not one of them. If there's any problem, just add more water, which you'll probably need if you're putting in a real workout :p
Don't be reminding me of how good the water is in Ireland; I miss that almost as much as the beer and great seafood from the coast. For those that don't know, there is a reason that Irish beer and whiskey taste so good, the water is second to none over there ;).