Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :( - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Modern BCAA, what's up with the taste :(

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. New Member
    smutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    699

    Reputation

    For a BCAA supplement I think they taste great. Even better than Extend or BC+EAA.

  2. Senior Member
    bikeswimlive's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    869

    Reputation

    You also have to consider the fact that the mbcaas are naturally flavored. That was the selling point for me over xtend. I don't want all the sucralose and dyes.
  3. New Member
    tWack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    2343

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    You also have to consider the fact that the mbcaas are naturally flavored. That was the selling point for me over xtend. I don't want all the sucralose and dyes.
    I agree.. My MBCAA's haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment on the taste but this stuff not containing any artificial sweeteners, or dyes attracts me.
    Staying healthy is more important than getting big is to me. Just a little bit
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629265

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    This, and I challenge you kiddies to drink bulk Leucine...or NAC.

    OR

    Take an uncapped Anabolic Pump/Yellow Gold serving.

    You don't know the true meaning of 'tastes bad.'
    It shouldnt be called Yellow Gold more like Yellow Death lol. I thought everyone was being pussays when they complained about it but the 1st time I took it it got stuck in my throat and I couldnt drink enough water to get it down. So what did my body do? I threw up and guess what I still tasted that nasty stuff. Oh well I think I will open that tub up again soon haha.
  5. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,290
    Rep Power
    3567562

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ever try bulk super cissus in water...now thats gross lol, and yes the bulk leucine was like drinking chalk lol
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  6. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    25
    Posts
    13,290
    Rep Power
    3567562

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    I am using MST's RGB IBCAA - no problem dissolving, the bubba punch flavor taste like fruit punch, best tasting BCAA I have ever tried. 10 grams per serving.
    Agreed!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

    If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  7. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tWack View Post
    I agree.. My MBCAA's haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment on the taste but this stuff not containing any artificial sweeteners, or dyes attracts me.
    Staying healthy is more important than getting big is to me. Just a little bit
    Uh guise, read the label. Contains Sucralose...
  8. Elite Member
    oufinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    177788

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Frankly I think the flavor, considering that they are natural for both of the two flavored ones I have, are quite good. Xtend tasted fine but I got sick of the overly artificial flavor way before I finished my big tubs of it. MBCAA is not perfect but it is better than almost anything else I have tried with the exception of LG BC+EAA in the kiwi-straw flavor.

    The unflavored does not taste good at all, who freaking cares, it works and mixes just fine into a shake.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  9. Advanced Member
    SynergyIre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    10893

    Reputation

    I'm actually quite surprised by this. My package just arrive this morning, opened the grape, like the taste, though it was a little mild maybe, but refreshing in 500ml of water. Mixed clear in that I could see though it, nothing floating. Slight tint to the water.

    Sure the flavours arn't has heavy as xtend but for me that works to my favour. Less crap added but also I find I get sick of xtend flavours quick so this is a nice mid point.

    If you think it tastes bad, make sure your water doesn't taste like ass first. Maybe I'm lucky that in ireland where I live, water is super clean out of the tap.

    I've had BAD tasting supplements, but certainly is not one of them. If there's any problem, just add more water, which you'll probably need if you're putting in a real workout :-P
  10. Elite Member
    oufinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    177788

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SynergyIre View Post
    I'm actually quite surprised by this. My package just arrive this morning, opened the grape, like the taste, though it was a little mild maybe, but refreshing in 500ml of water. Mixed clear in that I could see though it, nothing floating. Slight tint to the water.

    Sure the flavours arn't has heavy as xtend but for me that works to my favour. Less crap added but also I find I get sick of xtend flavours quick so this is a nice mid point.

    If you think it tastes bad, make sure your water doesn't taste like ass first. Maybe I'm lucky that in ireland where I live, water is super clean out of the tap.

    I've had BAD tasting supplements, but certainly is not one of them. If there's any problem, just add more water, which you'll probably need if you're putting in a real workout :-P
    Don't be reminding me of how good the water is in Ireland; I miss that almost as much as the beer and great seafood from the coast. For those that don't know, there is a reason that Irish beer and whiskey taste so good, the water is second to none over there .
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  11. Registered User
    TheOne310's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    LG BC+EAA tastes like complete ass, I don't care what anyone says.
  12. Senior Member
    MM11's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,818
    Rep Power
    17828

    Reputation

    I personally really Like the white blue raspberry flavor. I also feel better and healthier with out all the dyes. I never like lgs bc+eaa I don't know what others where thinking. It just shows the difference from person to person.

    I remember the first time I tried yellow gold. That tastes like throwing up bile. But anyways I will continue to use the white blue raspberry mbcaa, I have a few nutra bulk tubs of bcaa if I want to complain about taste. Any ibcaa product will taste far better.
  13. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,412
    Rep Power
    700735

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Holy crap... amazing. Come on, you people ordered a 8:1:1 mix... you can take the bite away, but won't turn that much leucine into a ****ing dreamcicle.

    If you need more flavor, add some crystal light. Get over it. The flavor is fine for a good 8:1:1 mix.
    The Historic PES Legend
  14. Advanced Member
    daft205's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    53134

    Reputation Reputation

    I actualy find the Flavor quite pleasing, Not overly sweet at all. However at first I was a little disappointed in the mixability, but if you shake it good and lit it sit for a few, it'll dissolve almost completely! Solid product usp- thanks.
  15. Advanced Member
    wearedbleedblue's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    500

    Reputation

    Ok, I take it back. I must have been having too many sweets when I gave it a shot before. I had the white blue raspberry today again. This time I shook it up more, let it sit a little longer and used water that wasn't as cold as last time.

    This time, the taste was much better. I'm going to try cutting it half and half with the unflavored and see if its still alright. So far, this is the best tasting BCAA product I've tried, but its still not like candy. There is still a slight stink to it though.
  16. Senior Member
    stopstalking's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    196982

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne310 View Post
    LG BC+EAA tastes like complete ass, I don't care what anyone says.
    i agree 100%..

    good job with these usp. Taste is pretty decent witch is hard to say for almost any bcaa product.
  17. Advanced Member
    Dizmal's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    368

    Reputation

    I never tried this product so I'm not commenting on it, itself.

    I'm commenting on the flavor aspect. Who cares about flavor? I do. You're only lying to yourself if you say you don't care. Especially when there are defintiely products out there that taste just fine and also have good profiles.

    Taste matters. No other way around it.
  18. New Member
    HankMcCoy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  402 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    83

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Frankly I think the flavor, considering that they are natural for both of the two flavored ones I have, are quite good. Xtend tasted fine but I got sick of the overly artificial flavor way before I finished my big tubs of it. MBCAA is not perfect but it is better than almost anything else I have tried with the exception of LG BC+EAA in the kiwi-straw flavor.

    The unflavored does not taste good at all, who freaking cares, it works and mixes just fine into a shake.
    Sucralose....
  19. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629265

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dizmal View Post
    I never tried this product so I'm not commenting on it, itself.

    I'm commenting on the flavor aspect. Who cares about flavor? I do. You're only lying to yourself if you say you don't care. Especially when there are defintiely products out there that taste just fine and also have good profiles.

    Taste matters. No other way around it.
    When it comes to intra workout drinks taste might be a bigger factor. Because u cant just chug the drink and be done with it well u can but u r supposed to sip on it throughout ur workout.
  20. Banned
    wsaucer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Alot of people been complaining and all about taste and mixability but you guys have to really look at the pros of this epic supplement.

    1.There is NO artificial flavoring so of course it isn't going to taste like Xtend. It as a subtle yet refreshing taste in which I enjoy.

    2.As far as mixing, its still much better than any other product out there.

    3. Look at the content of the product 8:1:1 ratio AND a revolutionary glutamine supp.

    5. NO unflavored BCAA tastes good. Its common sense that,you mix it with something else

    5.The price is really great for what your getting

    Being an athlete, I am not worried about the taste but more worried about the performance of my body. Let's be reasonable guys
  21. Senior Member
    BigBeazy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,114
    Rep Power
    631

    Reputation

    Honestly, try Body Mortar. The best Bcaa, hell even best supplement drink I have ever tried.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html
  22. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629265

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeazy View Post
    Honestly, try Body Mortar. The best Bcaa, hell even best supplement drink I have ever tried.
    Did u try the carb version or carb free?
  23. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685

    Reputation

    Just took my first sip of 1 scoop Grape Bubblegum in about 1 liter of cold water. It mixed in with no floaties in about 30 seconds. Taste is very light with a sliught leucine after taste, not offensive but not ZOMG gotta drink more. It'll be easy to drink the whole liter. Easy way to get my leucine spike pre-meal. Happy with the purchase.
  24. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,486
    Rep Power
    684972

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The white raspberry Jacked is the best flavour yet for me, I love it. I haven't tried the BCAA yet, saving that for my cutting. I know that I will be mixing it with more water so it will be weaker. The fact that it disolves is the key for me.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  25. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Mulletsoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,226
    Rep Power
    27063

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Holy crap... amazing. Come on, you people ordered a 8:1:1 mix... you can take the bite away, but won't turn that much leucine into a ****ing dreamcicle.

    If you need more flavor, add some crystal light. Get over it. The flavor is fine for a good 8:1:1 mix.
    Ha, exactly! I can understand that people may have an aversion to the mildness of the flavor, given how strong most other products taste, but the fact our team made this much leucine taste palatable deserves a Nobel Prize for chemistry. This is with natural flavors, too, which makes it that much more impressive.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Just took my first sip of 1 scoop Grape Bubblegum in about 1 liter of cold water. It mixed in with no floaties in about 30 seconds. Taste is very light with a sliught leucine after taste, not offensive but not ZOMG gotta drink more. It'll be easy to drink the whole liter. Easy way to get my leucine spike pre-meal. Happy with the purchase.
    I just did another scoop in 500ml water, took a few more shakes to fully dissolve, but did so in under a minute. Taste was still rather mild, with a leucine aftertaste. Still liking it for my pre-meal leucine spikes.
  27. Elite Member
    oufinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    177788

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Ha, exactly! I can understand that people may have an aversion to the mildness of the flavor, given how strong most other products taste, but the fact our team made this much leucine taste palatable deserves a Nobel Prize for chemistry. This is with natural flavors, too, which makes it that much more impressive.
    I give you all two big thumbs up on Modern BCAA; truly impressive it is naturally flavored. And the new white raspberry Jack3d is the best effort yet, well done.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  28. Senior Member
    BigBeazy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,114
    Rep Power
    631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Did u try the carb version or carb free?
    Carb free. I'm a girl when it comes out to sports drinks. If it doesn't taste good, I simply won't drink it. I drink Body Mortar all day long, it tastes exactly like lemon heads.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html
  29. Senior Member
    BigBeazy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,114
    Rep Power
    631

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    I give you all two big thumbs up on Modern BCAA; truly impressive it is naturally flavored. And the new white raspberry Jack3d is the best effort yet, well done.
    I havent tried Jacked in over a year. I'm currently loving 1 M.R. but White raspberry sounds good.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/164485-big-beazy-aps-3.html
  30. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,486
    Rep Power
    684972

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    I give you all two big thumbs up on Modern BCAA; truly impressive it is naturally flavored. And the new white raspberry Jack3d is the best effort yet, well done.
    I have some sitting at my desk here at work tempting me... "What did you say... mix you up and drink you ..." I really shouldn't it's an off day...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  31. New Member
    tWack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    2343

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I have some sitting at my desk here at work tempting me... "What did you say... mix you up and drink you ..." I really shouldn't it's an off day...
  32. Senior Member
    capnsavem's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,226
    Rep Power
    1241

    Reputation

    Lol this is good stuff... My lg eaa+bcaa has just a faint flavor, and sometimes the smell is a bit queefy.. But hey, I'm drinking this shtuff in the gym to help rebuild muscle, not sipping effing cosmos next to a pool. Deal with it, ladies.
  33. Senior Member
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9476

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Did u try the carb version or carb free?
    Would the carb version reduce the uptake of the Amino Acids?
  34. Advanced Member
    CCV3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    344

    Reputation

    All BCAA's taste bad.
  35. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629265

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    Would the carb version reduce the uptake of the Amino Acids?
    I merely asked because I dont need carbs because Im an endo lol.
  36. New Member
    smutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    699

    Reputation

    when will this arrive at Nutraplanet?
  37. New Member
    RepThat21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Age
    25
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    225

    Reputation

    this stuff is awesome hands down.i dont see any reason to complain about the flavor.i prefer the mild flavor over something that tastes super artificial and makes me kinda sick during an intense workout.i mixed the raspberry and could barley tell it was in my water.will use this from now on.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/173268-repthats-logging-adamantium.html#post2832363
  38. Senior Member
    Killerkanadia's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    9476

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I merely asked because I dont need carbs because Im an endo lol.
    I was asking becaause im an ecto, and i am well on my way to becoming a diabetic trying to intake so many calories.

  39. Guest
    Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RepThat21 View Post
    this stuff is awesome hands down.i dont see any reason to complain about the flavor.i prefer the mild flavor over something that tastes super artificial and makes me kinda sick during an intense workout.i mixed the raspberry and could barley tell it was in my water.will use this from now on.
    I think people are SO use too Artificial strong chemical tastes with artificial colors because that is in every product on the market and they will slowly shift our way and appreciate the natural refreshing flavor. this is a fresh change for the better in my opinion plus the 8:1:1 rearched ratio to stimulate mTor.
  40. Banned
    BrYmAsTeR17's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    744
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerkanadia View Post
    I was asking becaause im an ecto, and i am well on my way to becoming a diabetic trying to intake so many calories.

    Quoted for Truth

    Force feeding FTW!!!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Inner circle Modern bcaa? anyone got it?
    By halfhuman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in