Too much Vitamin E & dosing times question - AnabolicMinds.com

Too much Vitamin E & dosing times question

Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Too much Vitamin E & dosing times question

Hey guys, I have recently noticed that a couple of the supps I currently take may counteract one another. They are:

Toco 8 (vitamin e mixed tocotrienols complex)
    Animal Flex - d-alpha tocopherol - 100iu 333%
    NOW Adam - d-alpha tocopherol succinate - 200iu 670%

Seeing how Vitamin E is fat soluble, and taking too much of one form can hinder the absorption of others, am I creating a problem for myself here? Potential for me to run into any sort of Vit. E toxicity? Am I essentailly wasting the Toco-8 b/c of the other two supps and shooting myself in the foot? I'm taking toco 8 for the antioxidants, cardioprotective qualities, and hair line insurance properties. What are you thoughts/suggestions on this bros?

Thanks

Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    Hey guys, I have recently noticed that a couple of the supps I currently take may counteract one another. They are:

Toco 8 (vitamin e mixed tocotrienols complex)
    Animal Flex - d-alpha tocopherol - 100iu 333%
    NOW Adam - d-alpha tocopherol succinate - 200iu 670%

Seeing how Vitamin E is fat soluble, and taking too much of one form can hinder the absorption of others, am I creating a problem for myself here? Potential for me to run into any sort of Vit. E toxicity? Am I essentailly wasting the Toco-8 b/c of the other two supps and shooting myself in the foot? I'm taking toco 8 for the antioxidants, cardioprotective qualities, and hair line insurance properties. What are you thoughts/suggestions on this bros?
    The Upper Level for Vitamin E is 1000 mg/day of supplemental alpha-tocopherol, 1500 IU for Vitamin E isolated from natural sources, and 1100 IU for synthetic Vitamin E (Wardlaw & Hampl, 2007).

You're nowhere near the Upper Limits for Vitamin E consumption, so you should be fine.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The combined total off all three is about 500 IU, which is not an insane amount of vitamin E, and the upper limit is 1500 IU a day.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    •   

Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Thank you both for the responses. My main concern was to make sure I was still getting the full benefit of the Toco-8. I just started taking it about a month ago after seeing such great reviews for so long. I'm really liking it and for the price I'm making it a staple.
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thank you both for the responses. My main concern was to make sure I was still getting the full benefit of the Toco-8. I just started taking it about a month ago after seeing such great reviews for so long. I'm really liking it and for the price I'm making it a staple.
    You should still be getting all that Toco-8 has to offer. Glad you're enjoying it.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

I have been taking Toco for nearly a year now..Other than Cod liver oil these are the only two supplements I have really been consistent with this long

Wise choice, BH! I began taking Toco-8 a little over two months ago, and too love the multitude of benefits I receive from incorporating it into my daily supplement regimen. Also, thanks to PP's recent BOGO Toco-8 sale, I'm now set for the next eight months!
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopem6 View Post
    Wise choice, BH! I began taking Toco-8 a little over two months ago, and too love the multitude of benefits I receive from incorporating it into my daily supplement regimen. Also, thanks to PP's recent BOGO Toco-8 sale, I'm now set for the next eight months!
    I hear you there Hoopem. I stocked up as well. Cheers!
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I usually onyl take Toco-8 3-4 days a week (one scoop) since it stores up.
    but its in my multi at 400iu (only the cheap alpha1 one) and thats ED.

you should be fine.
    I found the TOCO-8 to be better then any other vitE supps I have used.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 10k Times More Powerful than Vitamin C
    By godshealth in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 01:03 PM
  2. Vitamin question, best times to take it?
    By Zero V in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 03:11 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 05:49 AM