Too much Vitamin E & dosing times question

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I have recently noticed that a couple of the supps I currently take may counteract one another. They are:

Toco 8 (vitamin e mixed tocotrienols complex)
Animal Flex - d-alpha tocopherol - 100iu 333%
NOW Adam - d-alpha tocopherol succinate - 200iu 670%

Seeing how Vitamin E is fat soluble, and taking too much of one form can hinder the absorption of others, am I creating a problem for myself here? Potential for me to run into any sort of Vit. E toxicity? Am I essentailly wasting the Toco-8 b/c of the other two supps and shooting myself in the foot? I'm taking toco 8 for the antioxidants, cardioprotective qualities, and hair line insurance properties. What are you thoughts/suggestions on this bros?

:redeemerwhore:

Thanks

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys, I have recently noticed that a couple of the supps I currently take may counteract one another. They are:

Toco 8 (vitamin e mixed tocotrienols complex)
Animal Flex - d-alpha tocopherol - 100iu 333%
NOW Adam - d-alpha tocopherol succinate - 200iu 670%

Seeing how Vitamin E is fat soluble, and taking too much of one form can hinder the absorption of others, am I creating a problem for myself here? Potential for me to run into any sort of Vit. E toxicity? Am I essentailly wasting the Toco-8 b/c of the other two supps and shooting myself in the foot? I'm taking toco 8 for the antioxidants, cardioprotective qualities, and hair line insurance properties. What are you thoughts/suggestions on this bros?
The Upper Level for Vitamin E is 1000 mg/day of supplemental alpha-tocopherol, 1500 IU for Vitamin E isolated from natural sources, and 1100 IU for synthetic Vitamin E (Wardlaw & Hampl, 2007).

You're nowhere near the Upper Limits for Vitamin E consumption, so you should be fine.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The combined total off all three is about 500 IU, which is not an insane amount of vitamin E, and the upper limit is 1500 IU a day.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Thank you both for the responses. My main concern was to make sure I was still getting the full benefit of the Toco-8. I just started taking it about a month ago after seeing such great reviews for so long. I'm really liking it and for the price I'm making it a staple.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you both for the responses. My main concern was to make sure I was still getting the full benefit of the Toco-8. I just started taking it about a month ago after seeing such great reviews for so long. I'm really liking it and for the price I'm making it a staple.
You should still be getting all that Toco-8 has to offer. Glad you're enjoying it. :)

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking Toco for nearly a year now..Other than Cod liver oil these are the only two supplements I have really been consistent with this long

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Wise choice, BH! I began taking Toco-8 a little over two months ago, and too love the multitude of benefits I receive from incorporating it into my daily supplement regimen. Also, thanks to PP's recent BOGO Toco-8 sale, I'm now set for the next eight months! :yup:

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Wise choice, BH! I began taking Toco-8 a little over two months ago, and too love the multitude of benefits I receive from incorporating it into my daily supplement regimen. Also, thanks to PP's recent BOGO Toco-8 sale, I'm now set for the next eight months! :yup:
I hear you there Hoopem. I stocked up as well. Cheers!

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
I usually onyl take Toco-8 3-4 days a week (one scoop) since it stores up.
but its in my multi at 400iu (only the cheap alpha1 one) and thats ED.

you should be fine.
I found the TOCO-8 to be better then any other vitE supps I have used.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 2
Supplements 4
horizons Supplements 62
Supplements 16
Nis1 Supplements 36