geranium + caffeine tolerance

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Is a tolerance to this combo built up very quickly? On Monday I popped 60 mg 1,3 dimeth + a cup of coffee and started some school work. In about 20 minutes I was starting to grind my teeth...Needless to say it was working. With using this combo once per day this entire week it seems less effective now. Tolerance already?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is a tolerance to this combo built up very quickly? On Monday I popped 60 mg 1,3 dimeth + a cup of coffee and started some school work. In about 20 minutes I was starting to grind my teeth...Needless to say it was working. With using this combo once per day this entire week it seems less effective now. Tolerance already?
It really depends on the individual and their personal stimulant tolerance, as well as the dosage used - if it is high, you might; otherwise, you should and will not do so.

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
I'd stay away from 1,3 dim... There are several forum posts all over the net making claims of stim **** caused from prolonged use of it. It seems the benefits don't outweigh the benefits. I've got a full bottle sitting under my desk right now cuz I'm scared of the stuff.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
freefall365- How high is your caffeine tolerance?

I am a total non-responder to caffeine as well as geranium. Which sucks, but that's the way it is! The only so-called "energy drinks" that work for me are Redline and a couple similar ones.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
I'd stay away from 1,3 dim... There are several forum posts all over the net making claims of stim **** caused from prolonged use of it. It seems the benefits don't outweigh the benefits. I've got a full bottle sitting under my desk right now cuz I'm scared of the stuff.
@ elgenyo: wait, stim what? It's **** and don't know what you're referring to.. PM me if necessary.. I never heard of any adverse affects from 1,3 dim (other than the typical stim sides) .. Thanks for contributing, I'm interested to see what you're talking about.

@ meth: My tolerance doesn't seem to build up with caffeine. One or two cups a day for a number of years and it still does the trick for me.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love 1,3 dimethyl in my preworkout supplements but I don't recommend using more than twice a week and I never use it on back to back workouts. If you use it this way you won't build a tolerance for it but if you try to use it everyday like a lot of people do and you will find that within a week or two it won't be working for you at the dose you are taking. The trick is to have a few stim products with different ingredients and rote them around so you don't build a tolerence for the product.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
like total said, the secret is using it infrequently. ive noticed my sensitivity goes down rapidly when i use it back to back. i stopped taking geranium for 2 weeks and cut caffeine down for like 4 days or so and tried a 2 scoop sample of flashover... nothing in my life has ever compared to how amazing i felt on that stuff

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use anywhere from 25mg-50mg of geranium in a given day BUT I only use it two or three times per week. I usually don't take more than 25mg at a time either.

I've been using it this way for a few years now and have not built any tolerance to it at all. I seem to have a pretty high tolerance for stims too...or at least I enjoy the sides that many don't care for. IE, the things that usually accompany the jitters and teeth grinding. I'm actually able to focus and study for insane amounts of time when I'm like that. I've been known to study for 12+ hours :D

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks fellas. Looks like back to back days of 1,3 dim are the culprit here. I didn't think tolerance developed this quick--wow. Too bad, because with my school load and working out etc, I find my self needing something like dim 1,3 or at least something to keep me locked in on my work at least 5 days a week. Hm, gotta start looking into other products.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd be surprised if back to back days would develop a tolerance. Have you tried Motivate yet? That's what I currently use for studying. It's Geranium, Taurine, Glutamine, Schizandra, and Caffeine. A full serving is four caps, but I only use two when I want some focus and a little boost in energy.

Let me ask Don if we're still giving out free samples. BRB. :run:

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For some reason after 4 days straight of geranium, I dont feel a thing. Maybe I had a bad batch though...i was using some 25mg capsules

ScottyMac710

ScottyMac710

Awards
Ok thanks fellas. Looks like back to back days of 1,3 dim are the culprit here. I didn't think tolerance developed this quick--wow. Too bad, because with my school load and working out etc, I find my self needing something like dim 1,3 or at least something to keep me locked in on my work at least 5 days a week. Hm, gotta start looking into other products.
I've used a number of different products containing caffeine and geranium back to back days and noticed a sliiiighht drop in sensitivity after a few weeks maybe but definitely not as quickly as you're saying it hit you .. I'm currently using musclespeed and only need 1 cap pre-workout and always get a great rush, tho with Mesomorph from APS I was able to stick with 1/2 scoop a day all back to back days and noticed no drop in sensitivity .. they would probably be my two favorites as far as 1,3 + caffeine products go, but others have been pretty legit as well

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have to agree with stxnas Motivate is an excellent preworkout supplement with 1,3, after I received a sample of it from AI I purchased it and added it to my preworkout list of supplements and I use 3 caps 1 hour before my workout but I use it only once or twice a month. Hey ScottyMac I also use Mesomorph and I take 1 scoop and then I go and have an incredible workout every time. I also only use it once or twice a month but I have to say Mesomorph is the best preworkout with 1,3, dimethly that I have tried and I have tried a few but none compare to the energy, focus, stamina, and strength and not stomach upset that you get from Mesomorph. I have a few of APS Nutrition stims and they are all very good.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use anywhere from 25mg-50mg of geranium in a given day BUT I only use it two or three times per week. I usually don't take more than 25mg at a time either.

I've been using it this way for a few years now and have not built any tolerance to it at all. I seem to have a pretty high tolerance for stims too...or at least I enjoy the sides that many don't care for. IE, the things that usually accompany the jitters and teeth grinding. I'm actually able to focus and study for insane amounts of time when I'm like that. I've been known to study for 12+ hours :D
Anyone who wants to try a Motivaye sample go HERE make sure you follow the instructions in post #1 carefully. You can also get a Perform sample.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After taking 3-4 scoops of Jack3d for about 3 weeks... I felt absolutely nothing from it. I actually felt tired as hell and crashed very, very early in my workout after 3 weeks of use. I am sensitive to caffeine and stims but I could not get enough of the 1-3 dimeth. In the beginning, I lovvvveeeeddd the stuff. It was euphoria and energy X 100000 in the gym It made listening to my music pump me up so crazy mentally... it was addicting.

The grinding teeth thing... typical characteristic of drugs like cocaine, and ecstasy haha. That's how I knew this stuff is legit.

Use it infrequently. I like to take large doses as well so I save my stim days for my squats. I use it once in a while. Saves me money, and gives me that rush every single time. Wish the tolerance wasn't so bad on the stuff or I'd be on it everyday. I love 1-3 dimeth.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
After taking 3-4 scoops of Jack3d for about 3 weeks... I felt absolutely nothing from it. I actually felt tired as hell and crashed very, very early in my workout after 3 weeks of use. I am sensitive to caffeine and stims but I could not get enough of the 1-3 dimeth. In the beginning, I lovvvveeeeddd the stuff. It was euphoria and energy X 100000 in the gym It made listening to my music pump me up so crazy mentally... it was addicting.

The grinding teeth thing... typical characteristic of drugs like cocaine, and ecstasy haha. That's how I knew this stuff is legit.

Use it infrequently. I like to take large doses as well so I save my stim days for my squats. I use it once in a while. Saves me money, and gives me that rush every single time. Wish the tolerance wasn't so bad on the stuff or I'd be on it everyday. I love 1-3 dimeth.
When we put it in our Motivate we made sure to market it as a energy pill and not a pre-wo. It works very well but I don't take it on a daily basis just when I am dragging or know I have a long day ahead of me.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1,3-dimethylamylamine is a sympathomimetic amine, meaning it mimics norepinephrine, which revs up the metabolic rate of muscle cells, increases fat mobilization and kicks up alertness in a big way.

Mechanisms of action

The mechanisms of sympathomimetic drugs can be direct-acting, such as α-adrenergic agonists, β-adrenergic agonists, dopaminergic agonists; or indirect-acting, such as MAOIs, COMT inhibitors, release stimulants, and reuptake inhibitors.

Direct-acting

Adrenergic receptor agonists
Main article: Adrenergic agonist
Direct stimulation of the α- and β-adrenergic receptors can produce sympathomimetic effects. Albuterol is a very commonly used direct-acting β2-agonist. Other examples include phenylephrine, isoproterenol, and dobutamine.

Like ephedrine, a beta-agonist, a tolerance is developed, but simply because the stimulant effect is no longer accute does not mean it is not working on your beta receptors.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1,3-dimethylamylamine is a sympathomimetic amine, meaning it mimics norepinephrine, which revs up the metabolic rate of muscle cells, increases fat mobilization and kicks up alertness in a big way.

Mechanisms of action

The mechanisms of sympathomimetic drugs can be direct-acting, such as α-adrenergic agonists, β-adrenergic agonists, dopaminergic agonists; or indirect-acting, such as MAOIs, COMT inhibitors, release stimulants, and reuptake inhibitors.

Direct-acting

Adrenergic receptor agonists
Main article: Adrenergic agonist
Direct stimulation of the α- and β-adrenergic receptors can produce sympathomimetic effects. Albuterol is a very commonly used direct-acting β2-agonist. Other examples include phenylephrine, isoproterenol, and dobutamine.

Like ephedrine, a beta-agonist, a tolerance is developed, but simply because the stimulant effect is no longer accute does not mean it is not working on your beta receptors.
Very good info.