help me formulate my own sleep supp

S

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
Im looking to put together a supp at CC that help not only to fall asleep but with the quality of sleep. Here is the list of supps Im considering so far, but need help with amounts and am open to any other suggestions on adding to or subtracting from this list. I've also been reading quite a bit on magnesium taurate and its effects on quality of sleep. Any input would be appreciated

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Valerian root, melotonin and .....Well tht should do the trick

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
You could add some arginine/ornithine, and stack it with some ZMA.

P

purebred

Brain fart: what's CC? (not to mention I just woke up, also!)

Valerian, Hops, Bulk Powerfull....that will help you fall asleep faster and sleep deeper.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
L-tryptophan, GABA, magnesium+zinc combo

S

sundevil04

Awards
  • Established
I cant find bulk powerfull anymore is it still available on NP?

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Calms Forte is decent. Thats about the only thing I can add, although taking Density at night always makes me sleepy. It has a good portion of L-tryptiphan in it. I use zma and powerfull, but not throughout the year.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
why pay $$$ for these supps when you can buy separate ingredients and control the dosage. also, careful with valerian root because there have been some reports of liver toxicity, it is a very strong herb. melatonin I usually avoid taking, the body can become dependent on it. try the GABA/Tryptophan/Zinc/Magnesium combo

P

purebred

L-tryptophan, GABA, magnesium+zinc combo
I've heard 3-5g for a positive GH response. Any feedback on that theory?

Valerian Extract in doses of 300-600mg are fine. It would be wise not to overdo it or undermine the power Valerian emits.
Calms Forte is decent.
I'm on the opposite polar with this product. It doesn't really do much for me.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like something like this: Valerian Root, Melatonin, L-tryptophan, GABA, ZMA, chamomile, and hops. I've used all of them. You could also try something like Amimal PM, but I like the fact that CC allows you to dose it exactely as you want it.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I've heard 3-5g for a positive GH response. Any feedback on that theory?
you mean the GABA, not tryptophan? yeah its supposed to raise GH to 550% for up to 30 min after ingestion, so its recommended to take at bed time to take advantage of natural GH release.

i havent taken 5 grams yet, working up to it. from what i noticed so far i definitely wake up feeling a solid pump all around. kind of like after eating a good meal. maybe its because ive been sleeping more. its also a very good nootropic, ive been feeling very laid back in the morning especially. sort of like L-theanine, keeps the brain from getting too excited. i only experienced the shortness of breath/flushing once, a little overwhelming but only lasted 20 seconds or so and then suuuuuper relaxation.

overall id reccomend those two to anyone. definitely a good sleep aid.

P

purebred

I was referring to the Tryptophan, AntonG. What is a typical, effective dose of GABA anyhow?

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was referring to the Tryptophan, AntonG. What is a typical, effective dose of GABA anyhow?
I do 3-5g. You'll start feeling the tingles soon afterwards.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
tryptophan has no reported GH effects. its simply metabolised into serotonin which is then converted into melatonin. just helps me pass out faster.

GABA i usually do 3-5 grams. only got the tingles once, they say not everyone gets them.

P

purebred

tryptophan has no reported GH effects. its simply metabolised into serotonin which is then converted into melatonin. just helps me pass out faster.
Wow. I must have read incorrectly then. I was reading the book "What Are You On?: The Definitive Guide to Sports Supplements" by Eric Marchewitz, CEO and Founder of LG Sciences, and in his book he claims (so I believe to have read) tryptophan produces a positive GH response @ doses ranging from 3-5g. I am almost 100% certain he said that. Not to say he's undoubtedly correct just because of who he is, but rather, on the contrary, quite a serious f-up on his part. LOL

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
why pay $$$ for these supps when you can buy separate ingredients and control the dosage. also, careful with valerian root because there have been some reports of liver toxicity, it is a very strong herb. melatonin I usually avoid taking, the body can become dependent on it. try the GABA/Tryptophan/Zinc/Magnesium combo
I never had much luck with the melatonin or valerian root.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Wow. I must have read incorrectly then. I was reading the book "What Are You On?: The Definitive Guide to Sports Supplements" by Eric Marchewitz, CEO and Founder of LG Sciences, and in his book he claims (so I believe to have read) tryptophan produces a positive GH response @ doses ranging from 3-5g. I am almost 100% certain he said that. Not to say he's undoubtedly correct just because of who he is, but rather, on the contrary, quite a serious f-up on his part. LOL
yeah that sounds exactly like GABA, if you look it up you will see that. tryptophan doses are lower than that anyway, maybe up to 3 grams a day total. GABA usage has been reported from 5g to 18!

J

JoeHT

Awards
I usually do Melatonin, GABA and ZMA. Works very good. During weekends I replace GABA with Phenibut for a longer sleep.

C

CrazyBassGuy

Awards
What about diphenhydramine? That'll make you sleepy...

I think it keeps you receptors more active if your are dosing ECA aswell, but that could be wrong.