help me formulate my own sleep supp - AnabolicMinds.com

help me formulate my own sleep supp

1. New Member

help me formulate my own sleep supp

Im looking to put together a supp at CC that help not only to fall asleep but with the quality of sleep. Here is the list of supps Im considering so far, but need help with amounts and am open to any other suggestions on adding to or subtracting from this list. I've also been reading quite a bit on magnesium taurate and its effects on quality of sleep. Any input would be appreciated

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Valerian root, melotonin and .....Well tht should do the trick

RECOVERBRO

3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

You could add some arginine/ornithine, and stack it with some ZMA.
    •   

4. purebred

Brain fart: what's CC? (not to mention I just woke up, also!)

Valerian, Hops, Bulk Powerfull....that will help you fall asleep faster and sleep deeper.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

CC= Custom Capsule.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

L-tryptophan, GABA, magnesium+zinc combo
  7. New Member

I cant find bulk powerfull anymore is it still available on NP?
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.

Calms Forte is decent. Thats about the only thing I can add, although taking Density at night always makes me sleepy. It has a good portion of L-tryptiphan in it. I use zma and powerfull, but not throughout the year.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

why pay $$$ for these supps when you can buy separate ingredients and control the dosage. also, careful with valerian root because there have been some reports of liver toxicity, it is a very strong herb. melatonin I usually avoid taking, the body can become dependent on it. try the GABA/Tryptophan/Zinc/Magnesium combo
  10. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    L-tryptophan, GABA, magnesium+zinc combo
    I've heard 3-5g for a positive GH response. Any feedback on that theory?

Valerian Extract in doses of 300-600mg are fine. It would be wise not to overdo it or undermine the power Valerian emits.
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    Calms Forte is decent.
    I'm on the opposite polar with this product. It doesn't really do much for me.
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like something like this: Valerian Root, Melatonin, L-tryptophan, GABA, ZMA, chamomile, and hops. I've used all of them. You could also try something like Amimal PM, but I like the fact that CC allows you to dose it exactely as you want it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

[QUOTE=purebred;2568849]I've heard 3-5g for a positive GH response. Any feedback on that theory?
    [QUOTE]

you mean the GABA, not tryptophan? yeah its supposed to raise GH to 550% for up to 30 min after ingestion, so its recommended to take at bed time to take advantage of natural GH release.

i havent taken 5 grams yet, working up to it. from what i noticed so far i definitely wake up feeling a solid pump all around. kind of like after eating a good meal. maybe its because ive been sleeping more. its also a very good nootropic, ive been feeling very laid back in the morning especially. sort of like L-theanine, keeps the brain from getting too excited. i only experienced the shortness of breath/flushing once, a little overwhelming but only lasted 20 seconds or so and then suuuuuper relaxation.

overall id reccomend those two to anyone. definitely a good sleep aid.
  13. purebred

I was referring to the Tryptophan, AntonG. What is a typical, effective dose of GABA anyhow?
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    I was referring to the Tryptophan, AntonG. What is a typical, effective dose of GABA anyhow?
    I do 3-5g. You'll start feeling the tingles soon afterwards.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

tryptophan has no reported GH effects. its simply metabolised into serotonin which is then converted into melatonin. just helps me pass out faster.

GABA i usually do 3-5 grams. only got the tingles once, they say not everyone gets them.
  16. Banned

MELATONIN 6MG 5-HTP 50MG VALERIAN ROOT 500MG
  17. purebred

tryptophan has no reported GH effects. its simply metabolised into serotonin which is then converted into melatonin. just helps me pass out faster.
    Wow. I must have read incorrectly then. I was reading the book "What Are You On?: The Definitive Guide to Sports Supplements" by Eric Marchewitz, CEO and Founder of LG Sciences, and in his book he claims (so I believe to have read) tryptophan produces a positive GH response @ doses ranging from 3-5g. I am almost 100% certain he said that. Not to say he's undoubtedly correct just because of who he is, but rather, on the contrary, quite a serious f-up on his part. LOL
  18. AI Sports Nutrition

why pay $$$ for these supps when you can buy separate ingredients and control the dosage. also, careful with valerian root because there have been some reports of liver toxicity, it is a very strong herb. melatonin I usually avoid taking, the body can become dependent on it. try the GABA/Tryptophan/Zinc/Magnesium combo
    I never had much luck with the melatonin or valerian root.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Wow. I must have read incorrectly then. I was reading the book "What Are You On?: The Definitive Guide to Sports Supplements" by Eric Marchewitz, CEO and Founder of LG Sciences, and in his book he claims (so I believe to have read) tryptophan produces a positive GH response @ doses ranging from 3-5g. I am almost 100% certain he said that. Not to say he's undoubtedly correct just because of who he is, but rather, on the contrary, quite a serious f-up on his part. LOL
    yeah that sounds exactly like GABA, if you look it up you will see that. tryptophan doses are lower than that anyway, maybe up to 3 grams a day total. GABA usage has been reported from 5g to 18!
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

I usually do Melatonin, GABA and ZMA. Works very good. During weekends I replace GABA with Phenibut for a longer sleep.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

What about diphenhydramine? That'll make you sleepy...

I think it keeps you receptors more active if your are dosing ECA aswell, but that could be wrong.

Similar Forum Threads

1. help me formulate a good topical test booster
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 11:39 PM
  2. Help me formulate custom creatine supp...will do log
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 01:06 AM
  3. Good supp's for helping with sleep?
    By TheUsual in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 28