BCAA's vs whey

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
between like 12g BCAA's or 22g of whey, which one would be more anabolic or which would be the most beneficial overall?

recoverypro is on sale now and im tempted to buy some of that to use instead of whey shakes in the future since i have maybe 4lbs of whey left and it wont last long.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At which time of the day? The efficacy is dependent on the situation.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Whey. Whey contains around 50+% BCAAs plus wider spectrum of other amino acids the body needs.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
At which time of the day? The efficacy is dependent on the situation.
i always use BCAA's around workout time now and whey btwn meals or pre bed or whatever. i assume its better to just keep things how they are now?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i always use BCAA's around workout time now and whey btwn meals or pre bed or whatever. i assume its better to just keep things how they are now?
The BCAA use is fine, but I'd use a blend of whey, egg, and casein at the other times.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
I always use aminos in between meals and before/during/post exercise. If I do whey it's usually combined with other whole foods.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always choose whey over bcaas. You get the same(or more) bcaa's + calories(growth!) and specific growth factors that bcaas dont contain.