Nitric Oxide and bad joints

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Nitric Oxide and bad joints

I was reading a journal on how nitric oxide is found in high doses in those with rheumatoid arthritis...then thought how I take a no2 supplement like superpump 250 or N30 almost everyday and workout 5-6days/ week and now my joints feel weaker and my weight is getting harder to lift. I take a joint supp everyday and now I cant even do chest or tricep workouts because of my joints...and this is with a week off of hittin the gym. The doctor I went to, I found was a supplement idiot when he told me that creatine use is the culpret.

Could it be that the constant high levels of nitric oxide could affect joints and possibly give me or someone premature arthritis since nitric gas is found in joints of people with arthritis???

I hav'nt found any articles yet on NO2 supplements contributing to joint degradation but has anyone else seemed to suffer from this?

What is your opinion on the subject?

2. Registered User

The idea that Nitric oxide is the CAUSE of bad joints is untrue I believe. Just because nitric oxide is FOUND in bad joints, it's probably found in everyone's joints. The one thing I know NO to do is to cause free radicals, which are related to inflammation (which we all know is related to bad joints.) That's why White FLOOD and other NO products have antioxidants

If you've been taking NO products for years and this just happened, you may want to inquire further into the cause of this pain.

Very cool question though. I hope it stimulates more responses
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Ah I see. well in terms of freeradicals, I would guess that my recreational use of..well, more illegal green herbs could be the cause over the years.

I did not know about free radicals contributing to deterioration of joints. Very interesting and gives me a lead to look into more, thanks for the input!
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

This is an example of a mix up of causation and correlation.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Well I wouldnt quite say a mix up as I have read several scholarly journals referencing nitric gas in joints and excess levels of nitric oxide in those with arthritis thus giving me the idea that maybe it could be affecting me. But with Renegades comment with free radicals, I can definetly see where a large dose of f.r. can be coming into my system
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by INSAYNE RAGE View Post
    Well I wouldnt quite say a mix up as I have read several scholarly journals referencing nitric gas in joints and excess levels of nitric oxide in those with arthritis thus giving me the idea that maybe it could be affecting me. But with Renegades comment with free radicals, I can definetly see where a large dose of f.r. can be coming into my system
    However, just because it is seen does not necessarily equate to the cause of a condition.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best nitric oxide booster
    By allday54 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 10:02 PM
  2. Nitric oxide
    By Machwon1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 08:56 PM
  3. Nitric Oxide adn ephedrine