Nitric Oxide and bad joints

INSAYNE RAGE

INSAYNE RAGE

Awards
I was reading a journal on how nitric oxide is found in high doses in those with rheumatoid arthritis...then thought how I take a no2 supplement like superpump 250 or N30 almost everyday and workout 5-6days/ week and now my joints feel weaker and my weight is getting harder to lift. I take a joint supp everyday and now I cant even do chest or tricep workouts because of my joints...and this is with a week off of hittin the gym. The doctor I went to, I found was a supplement idiot when he told me that creatine use is the culpret.

Could it be that the constant high levels of nitric oxide could affect joints and possibly give me or someone premature arthritis since nitric gas is found in joints of people with arthritis???

I hav'nt found any articles yet on NO2 supplements contributing to joint degradation but has anyone else seemed to suffer from this?

What is your opinion on the subject?:32:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
The idea that Nitric oxide is the CAUSE of bad joints is untrue I believe. Just because nitric oxide is FOUND in bad joints, it's probably found in everyone's joints. The one thing I know NO to do is to cause free radicals, which are related to inflammation (which we all know is related to bad joints.) That's why White FLOOD and other NO products have antioxidants

If you've been taking NO products for years and this just happened, you may want to inquire further into the cause of this pain.

Very cool question though. I hope it stimulates more responses

INSAYNE RAGE

INSAYNE RAGE

Awards
Ah I see. well in terms of freeradicals, I would guess that my recreational use of..well, more illegal green herbs could be the cause over the years.

I did not know about free radicals contributing to deterioration of joints. Very interesting and gives me a lead to look into more, thanks for the input!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This is an example of a mix up of causation and correlation.

INSAYNE RAGE

INSAYNE RAGE

Awards
Well I wouldnt quite say a mix up as I have read several scholarly journals referencing nitric gas in joints and excess levels of nitric oxide in those with arthritis thus giving me the idea that maybe it could be affecting me. But with Renegades comment with free radicals, I can definetly see where a large dose of f.r. can be coming into my system

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well I wouldnt quite say a mix up as I have read several scholarly journals referencing nitric gas in joints and excess levels of nitric oxide in those with arthritis thus giving me the idea that maybe it could be affecting me. But with Renegades comment with free radicals, I can definetly see where a large dose of f.r. can be coming into my system
However, just because it is seen does not necessarily equate to the cause of a condition.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 11
no reason Supplements 13
no reason Supplements 0
Supplements 13
Supplements 18