a good casein - AnabolicMinds.com

a good casein

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

a good casein

So I have always just bought straight whey protein, I have been buying nutra pro man I love the taste of it and that I can mix it with just a spoon.....I have never bought a casein protein but am looking for one. To take before bed can you guys help pick the best pre bed casein...thanks

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Try the TrueBasics Casein at trutein. It's 80% micellar casein, 20% whey both from milk isolate/concentrate. It mixes great and tastes good too, and is a great value. Better than ON Casein IMO. Check out the reviews in the Truetein sub-forum.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.

Will do thanks man
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

Been using Micellar Matrix From ISS Reasearch. Mixes easily, tastes good.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

American Pure Whey is where I got my last 2 lbs from. I have a contact over there too because the site doesn't list this product but they carry it. THey ship from NC too so if you are on the east coast it's a big plus.
    I'm a whey isolate user and have been for years. I used to buy from ATW, but they are in shambles right now and Nutribio has too many inconsistencies in thier product. When I talked to a rep at Nutrabio I was simply told they would let somebody know of my concerns, needless to say I don't order from those guys anymore.
    American Pure Whey mixes well, but keep in mind, if you are a whey drinker, casein is going to be on the chalky and thick side to you. I mix mine with pineapple juice and soy milk and I love the flavor. I buy the plain chocolate. PM me and I'll give you the guy's email address and cell. He sells me 20lbs of whey isolate (choc) and 2 lbs of pure casien for 149.99 and it is free shipping. The casien is 19.99 by itself. It does eliminate that enormous morning hunger you get when all you take is whey and you got 8 hours of quality recovery sleep. I only take 25 grams a night about an a half an hour before bed and I wake up a little hungry, but not even close to what I had before. I never wake up at 3am to piss and want to eat anymore either, which did happen when I only took whey protien.
    My gains stay decently consistent, so I'm not sure how much it benefited, but I feel like it helps me keep a positive nitrogen balance (because my lack of hunger) while I sleep which has to mean more muscle packed on, so it might be small, but it is worth it.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.

ON sucks a fat one-truprotein.com!
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  209 lbs.

will check these out thanks guys
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Truprotein casien. I like the micellar casein. Great stuff and great price. I really hope truprotein stays around I hate switching once I find a keeper
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    American Pure Whey is where I got my last 2 lbs from. I have a contact over there too because the site doesn't list this product but they carry it. THey ship from NC too so if you are on the east coast it's a big plus.
    I'm a whey isolate user and have been for years. I used to buy from ATW, but they are in shambles right now and Nutribio has too many inconsistencies in thier product. When I talked to a rep at Nutrabio I was simply told they would let somebody know of my concerns, needless to say I don't order from those guys anymore.
    American Pure Whey mixes well, but keep in mind, if you are a whey drinker, casein is going to be on the chalky and thick side to you. I mix mine with pineapple juice and soy milk and I love the flavor. I buy the plain chocolate. PM me and I'll give you the guy's email address and cell. He sells me 20lbs of whey isolate (choc) and 2 lbs of pure casien for 149.99 and it is free shipping. The casien is 19.99 by itself. It does eliminate that enormous morning hunger you get when all you take is whey and you got 8 hours of quality recovery sleep. I only take 25 grams a night about an a half an hour before bed and I wake up a little hungry, but not even close to what I had before. I never wake up at 3am to piss and want to eat anymore either, which did happen when I only took whey protien.
    My gains stay decently consistent, so I'm not sure how much it benefited, but I feel like it helps me keep a positive nitrogen balance (because my lack of hunger) while I sleep which has to mean more muscle packed on, so it might be small, but it is worth it.
    they have fast shipping as well

for iso use ern10off they have 10 lbs for 66 shipped

will see if their is a code for the casein
    Team Orbit
  10. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    ON sucks a fat one-truprotein.com!
    true protein is nice and very good

LRN483 for 5-10% off there
    Team Orbit
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

I mis typed I ment the casein Be the makers of trutein. That is my favorite and a great deal as well. Sorry.
  12. Board Sponsor

hey thanks for the nod MM11. Yep, we have casein - 6lbs for 45 bucks. It's derived from complete milk protein so there's a tad bit of whey in there as well - most studies show most efficacy from a combo of whey + casein TBH.

our website is at TruNutrition. plus we got a sale beginning wednesday for tha labor day wknd
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Yea trunutrition is who I ment.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

Any caseins out there that mix well and aren't so thick?
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.

I love N2matrix, mixes well and actually tastes awesome! I either throw in some non-fat yogurt (flavor to your liking) and it's G2G!
  16. New Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Try a brand called Muscle Feast they sell Micellur Casien at $35 for 5lbs and I have been
    useing it for the past 5 months and I have no complaints. I mix 1 scoop with 1 scoop of
    flavored whey isolate and I am good to go.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

I have some of the muscle feast. Great quality and price. I didn't like the unflavored it gets old fast. I keep it around when I run out of trutein and use nutrapro for flavor. The trunutrition casein mixes easily with a spoon. The only casein I've ever tried I could mix with a spoon.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  214 lbs.

I used Optimum Casein protein, but I have noticed after a couple of uses I got constipated. Not sure if its my body or the product. I haven't tried casein protein since and just stick to whey.
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Try the TrueBasics Casein at trutein. It's 80% micellar casein, 20% whey both from milk isolate/concentrate. It mixes great and tastes good too, and is a great value. Better than ON Casein IMO. Check out the reviews in the Truetein sub-forum.
    Do this, best casein on the market hands down.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  20. New Member

The only casein I have tried is a blend and it tastes delicious. It is Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0 Cinnamon Roll.
  21. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

True Protein Micellar Casein

Yum
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  22. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    hey thanks for the nod MM11. Yep, we have casein - 6lbs for 45 bucks. It's derived from complete milk protein so there's a tad bit of whey in there as well - most studies show most efficacy from a combo of whey + casein TBH.

our website is at TruNutrition. plus we got a sale beginning wednesday for tha labor day wknd
    so its a blend
    Team Orbit
  23. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Ultra Peptide is the go to whey/casein blend. Beverly UMP is the only other option I'd consider. When it comes to protein (and all supplements) it is just as much about the quality of the raws and their place of origin as it is about what is claimed to be on the supp facts.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by learn View Post
    so its a blend
    I would say using the whole protein that has whey in it is not a blend, just not a refined casein protein that is bound with calcium or something of the like. I have used products from truscience and they are 100% legit and also cost effective, something that is rare when it comes to protein.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  25. New Member

its really funny how someone looks for casein and then gets a blend...

imo if you want a blend, pay for casein only and add your own whey to it..

any manufacturer adding whey to casein and then pushing it as the go-to casein product is misleading ...seriously, only a few reasons to formulate a blend rather than all-casein ( cost, flavoring, mixability - all common problems associated with casein) Any other 'reason' they product is pure bs, simple as that

stick to a product that gives you 100% micellar casein
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by steam View Post
    its really funny how someone looks for casein and then gets a blend...

imo if you want a blend, pay for casein only and add your own whey to it..

any manufacturer adding whey to casein and then pushing it as the go-to casein product is misleading ...seriously, only a few reasons to formulate a blend rather than all-casein ( cost, flavoring, mixability - all common problems associated with casein) Any other 'reason' they product is pure bs, simple as that

stick to a product that gives you 100% micellar casein
    I'm sorry, this has a lot to do with ignorance, no offense, about how proteins are manufactured. Do some reading at trusciences website, you may be surprised what you learn. Pure casein tastes like crap and has the consistency of cottage cheese... because that is what it is! Do as you like, just make sure when you make a comment as such there is more than broscience behind it. Pardon the rant, I just get a bit irritated when comments are made off the hip without any basis of fact behind them.
  27. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

N2Matrix since it tastes like pudding, love dat shiet
    doing my own thang!
  28. Board Sponsor

I wouldn't call it a blend, no.

It's Complete Milk Protein Isolate + Concentrate (50/50). The naturally-occuring breakdown within Complete Milk Protein is 80 casein/20 whey, but it is by-and-large a casein product with a little bit of naturally occuring whey.

As oufinny mentioned, complete milk protein has a much better taste and texture than caseinates or fully extracted mic. casein.
  29. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

I drink ON and MHP
  30. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    I'm sorry, this has a lot to do with ignorance, no offense, about how proteins are manufactured. Do some reading at trusciences website, you may be surprised what you learn. Pure casein tastes like crap and has the consistency of cottage cheese... because that is what it is! Do as you like, just make sure when you make a comment as such there is more than broscience behind it. Pardon the rant, I just get a bit irritated when comments are made off the hip without any basis of fact behind them.
    really? maybe you need to lay off the sauce...

Formulating a 100% mc product is not easy, true. Maybe instead of trying harder, its easier to add whey to their casein product, improves their bottom line in the same process. I've had two different brands of 100% mc and instantized, they are not that bad. Add more water, or add your own flavoring. Maybe you're just a pansy who can't take it?...yeah no offence lol...
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

N2MATRIX I like to use at night.
    its a nice one.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. make casein taste good
    By cedrone50 in forum Recipes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 12:19 PM