Carnitine

  1. Advanced Member
    zombiemuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    95.77%

    Carnitine


    Hey all. Just wanted to drop a line and see how much everyone enjoys carnitine. Just the cognitive benefits are enough to keep me using this stuff, but other studies show further benefits as well. Like improved androgen receptor density and increased NO levels. I can't live without carnitine. Anyone else feel the same way??

  2. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191396
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    72.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I too love Carnitine. It is a backbone ingredient in both our Blue Gene and Blue GrowtH products. The stuff has alot of cool benefits
  3. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19727
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    been using since RPN put out bulk PLCAR and LCLT (with small breaks of course). Now I rotate between those and PP's GPLC and Arginocarn.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19727
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I too love Carnitine. It is a backbone ingredient in both our Blue Gene and Blue GrowtH products. The stuff has alot of cool benefits
    Looking forward to stacking these two together. hope NP throws a sale on the stack *wink*wink*
  5. On my grind
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,002
    Rep Power
    1212410
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I need to definately hop back on some form of carnitine, i enjoyed it immensely when i was on Primordials Arginocarn.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  6. New Member
    dumbhick3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    484
    Rep Power
    762
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    34.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    been using since RPN put out bulk PLCAR and LCLT (with small breaks of course). Now I rotate between those and PP's GPLC and Arginocarn.
    I've been curious about the effects of each carnitine versus the others since I started taking them. They are very interesting with a host of beneficial effects supported by the scientific literature. I found a thread on here that gave a one sentence synopsis of the major ones, but I'd like to see more comparative feedback.

    I take Arginocarn (Primordial's bulk bags) daily lately. I took a break briefly for no specific reason, but it's funny you mention breaks. Do you think a break is needed when using a carnitine product long term, or switch to a different carnitine, etc?

    Some of what I read (abstracts) indicates that the ALCAR has an accumulation type effect, (esp. with treatment of peripheral neuropathy, promoting nerve regeneration, etc), and that could make a case for taking them regularly, depending on why you take them of course.

    OTOH, I've read (not in a PubMed article) that ArginoCarn potentiates amphetamine but also increases tolerance to it, so if you take amphetamine regularly (and/or -possibly- some of the amphetamine-like stims like 1,3 dimethylamylamine, sulbutiamine, etc), then periodic breaks might make sense. Definitely more sense than increasing the dose of the stimulant if what I read is actually true. I don't have any studies available to back up that claim that I came across (it just sounded credible in context). I take d-amphetamine daily, and I do notice that ArginoCarn seems to potentiate it, probably via increased monoaminergic activity. The only mechanism I could see for tolerance here would be downregulation of monoaminergic receptors, but again, I haven't seen any studies which suggest that this occurs.

    LCLT looks interesting too; how does it compare to ALCAR and ArginoCarn? Or does it better compare to PLCAR and GPLC?

    Last, which is your favorite aminocarnitine?
  7. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19727
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dumbhick3 View Post
    I've been curious about the effects of each carnitine versus the others since I started taking them. They are very interesting with a host of beneficial effects supported by the scientific literature. I found a thread on here that gave a one sentence synopsis of the major ones, but I'd like to see more comparative feedback.

    I take Arginocarn (Primordial's bulk bags) daily lately. I took a break briefly for no specific reason, but it's funny you mention breaks. Do you think a break is needed when using a carnitine product long term, or switch to a different carnitine, etc?

    Some of what I read (abstracts) indicates that the ALCAR has an accumulation type effect, (esp. with treatment of peripheral neuropathy, promoting nerve regeneration, etc), and that could make a case for taking them regularly, depending on why you take them of course.

    OTOH, I've read (not in a PubMed article) that ArginoCarn potentiates amphetamine but also increases tolerance to it, so if you take amphetamine regularly (and/or -possibly- some of the amphetamine-like stims like 1,3 dimethylamylamine, sulbutiamine, etc), then periodic breaks might make sense. Definitely more sense than increasing the dose of the stimulant if what I read is actually true. I don't have any studies available to back up that claim that I came across (it just sounded credible in context). I take d-amphetamine daily, and I do notice that ArginoCarn seems to potentiate it, probably via increased monoaminergic activity. The only mechanism I could see for tolerance here would be downregulation of monoaminergic receptors, but again, I haven't seen any studies which suggest that this occurs.

    LCLT looks interesting too; how does it compare to ALCAR and ArginoCarn? Or does it better compare to PLCAR and GPLC?

    Last, which is your favorite aminocarnitine?
    arginocarn I only mix with my preworkout, so I no experience with taking it daily.

    As for "breaks", after about 16 weeks of LCLT/ PLCAR use i take 1 month off. This was recommended by a Genomyx rep. Not sure the reason anymore but i've been following it with no negatives to report so I'm gonna keep on it like that.

    i also take AOX about 1.5 to 2 hours after carnitine ingestion. Dsade recommended this to help reduce the free radicals in your body from fat oxidization (if i remember it correctly).

    i haven't used ALCAR yet but I'll give it a whirl one of these days.

    My favorite is a toss up between LCLT and PLCAR. Both aid fatty acid transport, LCLT for AR upregulation and PLCAR for muscular energy.

    LCLT would be better compared to PLCAR and GPLC because it's benefits are mostly noticed over time.
  8. Advanced Member
    zombiemuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    95.77%

    I've used LCLT and PLCAR. They both help with mental clarity for me. I'm on my third bag of GlycoCarn and loving it. Performance wise, GlycoCarn is the best carnitine supplement I've tried.

    I haven't tried ArginoCarn yet, but I plan on giving it a shot after finishing up my GlycoCarn.
  9. Senior Member
    JN230's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,070
    Rep Power
    6819
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    48.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    I need to definately hop back on some form of carnitine, i enjoyed it immensely when i was on Primordials Arginocarn.
    whatd you like so much aobut it? i know tons of people LOVE carnitine for different reasons but im curious as to what you noticed most on it,

    i myself have fallenin love with GPLC for pumps and vascularity, it looks like im on cycle vascularity wise i love the stuff!
  10. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    VERY generally speaking here, but based on research and my own personal experiences:

    ALCAR - cognition, energy

    PLCAR - performance

    LCLT - recovery

    GPLC - pump, mildly stimulatory
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  11. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,439
    Rep Power
    10751743
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    i need to do more research but i am 90% positive i read a study that said if you use l-car and alcar together they are counter-productive.
  12. On my grind
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,002
    Rep Power
    1212410
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    whatd you like so much aobut it? i know tons of people LOVE carnitine for different reasons but im curious as to what you noticed most on it,

    i myself have fallenin love with GPLC for pumps and vascularity, it looks like im on cycle vascularity wise i love the stuff!
    The mental clarity, ability to think quicker and better, i never really recieved the pumps people talk about it, its more the endurance for me.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  13. Banned
    luelinks's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,723
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    91.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Oh I loved it! But after purchasing it the first time I decided to actually put some money on top of that and get Blue Gene. It don't remember exactly how much is in there but it's a pretty high amount. One of the reasons they say take it pre-workout so it would give you more energy(which it did). But it also helped me plateau bust and loss some fat which was great
  14. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191396
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    72.5%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by luelinks View Post
    Oh I loved it! But after purchasing it the first time I decided to actually put some money on top of that and get Blue Gene. It don't remember exactly how much is in there but it's a pretty high amount. One of the reasons they say take it pre-workout so it would give you more energy(which it did). But it also helped me plateau bust and loss some fat which was great
    Yeah it gives you huge energy IMO...from the first dose.

    BG=BGH stack ... not a bad idea ...
  15. Advanced Member
    zombiemuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    95.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    The mental clarity, ability to think quicker and better, i never really recieved the pumps people talk about it, its more the endurance for me.
    Yes, the mental clarity would be a number one for me as well! I do get energy, but I don't think about it as a pump. Carnitine enhances your ability to shuttle fatty acids into the mitochondria for energy production. This also preserves glycogen because you are burning more fat for energy.

    I'm really excited to mix GlycoCarn and ArginoCarn. Should be a potent combo.
  16. Elite Member
    MAxximal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,901
    Rep Power
    122081
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    25.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    VERY generally speaking here, but based on research and my own personal experiences:

    ALCAR - cognition, energy

    PLCAR - performance

    LCLT - recovery

    GPLC - pump, mildly stimulatory

    so is best mix them all @ REAL DOSES!!!
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

    Got Glycophase ...?


  17. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,439
    Rep Power
    10751743
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    so is best mix them all @ REAL DOSES!!!
    we need 1fast400/dsade or DR.D, in here, but it may not be a good idea to mix and match.
  18. Advanced Member
    zombiemuscle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    606
    Rep Power
    364
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    95.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    we need 1fast400/dsade or DR.D, in here, but it may not be a good idea to mix and match.
    I'll mix ALCAR and PLCAR and run it on a human test subject (me)!!!! I'll throw it all into some unflavored PeptoPro and drink it preworkout.
  19. On my grind
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    10,002
    Rep Power
    1212410
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    66%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    I'll mix ALCAR and PLCAR and run it on a human test subject (me)!!!! I'll throw it all into some unflavored PeptoPro and drink it preworkout.
    Im excited to try Pre-Max long term, especially with the clinical dose of GPLC in there.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  20. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2877
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    been using since RPN put out bulk PLCAR and LCLT (with small breaks of course). Now I rotate between those and PP's GPLC and Arginocarn.
    LCLT in Protocol basically cuts me recovery time to zero... its the first time I've ever taken straight carnitine for sport specific enhancement. After my positive experiences with that I moved onto adding GPLC, which is unmatched in my book. Interesting why no one has released a triad of Carnitines? One for fatty acid mobilization, one for NOS uptick, and one for recovery and receptor density. Mmmmm, sounds like a nice idea
  21. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,439
    Rep Power
    10751743
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    LCLT in Protocol basically cuts me recovery time to zero... its the first time I've ever taken straight carnitine for sport specific enhancement. After my positive experiences with that I moved onto adding GPLC, which is unmatched in my book. Interesting why no one has released a triad of Carnitines? One for fatty acid mobilization, one for NOS uptick, and one for recovery and receptor density. Mmmmm, sounds like a nice idea
    do some research-i swear i read where it is counter productive to mix carnitines.
  22. Professional Member
    Outstanding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    Rep Power
    2877
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    81.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    do some research-i swear i read where it is counter productive to mix carnitines.
    I will, thank you. Different types can be used during the day though, correct? Prior to morning cardio and pre-training perhaps?
  23. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,439
    Rep Power
    10751743
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I will, thank you. Different types can be used during the day though, correct? Prior to morning cardio and pre-training perhaps?
    can't say-i am going by memory, and it isn't what it used to be, lol.
  24. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19727
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    LCLT in Protocol basically cuts me recovery time to zero... its the first time I've ever taken straight carnitine for sport specific enhancement. After my positive experiences with that I moved onto adding GPLC, which is unmatched in my book. Interesting why no one has released a triad of Carnitines? One for fatty acid mobilization, one for NOS uptick, and one for recovery and receptor density. Mmmmm, sounds like a nice idea
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    do some research-i swear i read where it is counter productive to mix carnitines.
    I've been using LCLT w/breakfast (1gm) and 1.5g og PLCAR preworkout and LCLT 1g with last meal and had nothing but positive results so far. Not a doctor or anything so I would like to hear from dsade on this since he is very knowledgeable on carnitines.
  25. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,439
    Rep Power
    10751743
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    I've been using LCLT w/breakfast (1gm) and 1.5g og PLCAR preworkout and LCLT 1g with last meal and had nothing but positive results so far. Not a doctor or anything so I would like to hear from dsade on this since he is very knowledgeable on carnitines.
    i would like to hear from dsade too, but crader says he is recovering from surgery.
  26. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19727
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i would like to hear from dsade too, but crader says he is recovering from surgery.
    Damn! Hope evrything went alright. Do she say what happened?
  27. Banned
    luelinks's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,723
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    91.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Yeah it gives you huge energy IMO...from the first dose.

    BG=BGH stack ... not a bad idea ...
    BG, BGH, and BU...hmmm sounds like something lue would stack and log
    I'm blue da ba dee da ba die

    Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I will, thank you. Different types can be used during the day though, correct? Prior to morning cardio and pre-training perhaps?
    Let us know if you find something cause when you look something up you really look it up.
  28. Senior Member
    Blergs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    179034
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    67.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ALCAR is GREAT!
    just l-carnitine is not so much unless you take 20-30g of it compared to just 1g of ALCAR.
    i like it and use 0.5-1.5g daily
  29. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    28,439
    Rep Power
    10751743
    Level
    117
    Lv. Percent
    95.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

    Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    ALCAR is GREAT!
    just l-carnitine is not so much unless you take 20-30g of it compared to just 1g of ALCAR.
    i like it and use 0.5-1.5g daily
    20-30 grams????????
  30. Elite Member
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,851
    Rep Power
    11115
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    25.68%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I love carnitine. The most exp I have is with LCLT. I've got a big tub of NP ALCAR that I'm about to start dosing @ breakfast.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  31. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8381
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.75%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i would like to hear from dsade too, but crader says he is recovering from surgery.
    he is, but he is still getting online. Plus, his Triazole arrived right before the weekend, so who knows what he's getting up to with his wife!
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  32. Senior Member
    rulk22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,227
    Rep Power
    23083
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    55.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Anyone who knows me here on Am knows im a carnitine fanatic. I always highly suggest it for almost any goal. Buying from gnc or vitamin world is too expensive and you cant find the right ones. This year ive been and will probably always use now, Primordial's 2 versions of carnitine. GPLC, wich does not need anything to help with absorption btw, is perfect pre-workout. Arginocarn throughout the day works great, add ALA for even better absorption. Stack aspirin, caffiene and arginocarn for a great morning cardio fasted stack.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. carnitine tartarate vs. L-Carnitine
    By mkretz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 01:17 AM
  2. Cla with L-carnitine together
    By SemiticPride in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 05:37 PM
  3. anybody who uses l-carnitine
    By GetDatFool in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 09:20 PM
  4. L-Carnitine vs. Acetyl L-Carnitine?
    By jpk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 01:18 PM
  5. Carnitine.
    By JanSz in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 11:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in