Carnitine

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Hey all. Just wanted to drop a line and see how much everyone enjoys carnitine. Just the cognitive benefits are enough to keep me using this stuff, but other studies show further benefits as well. Like improved androgen receptor density and increased NO levels. I can't live without carnitine. Anyone else feel the same way??

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I too love Carnitine. It is a backbone ingredient in both our Blue Gene and Blue GrowtH products. The stuff has alot of cool benefits

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
been using since RPN put out bulk PLCAR and LCLT (with small breaks of course). Now I rotate between those and PP's GPLC and Arginocarn.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I too love Carnitine. It is a backbone ingredient in both our Blue Gene and Blue GrowtH products. The stuff has alot of cool benefits
Looking forward to stacking these two together. hope NP throws a sale on the stack *wink*wink* :veryhappy:

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to definately hop back on some form of carnitine, i enjoyed it immensely when i was on Primordials Arginocarn.

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
been using since RPN put out bulk PLCAR and LCLT (with small breaks of course). Now I rotate between those and PP's GPLC and Arginocarn.
I've been curious about the effects of each carnitine versus the others since I started taking them. They are very interesting with a host of beneficial effects supported by the scientific literature. I found a thread on here that gave a one sentence synopsis of the major ones, but I'd like to see more comparative feedback.

I take Arginocarn (Primordial's bulk bags) daily lately. I took a break briefly for no specific reason, but it's funny you mention breaks. Do you think a break is needed when using a carnitine product long term, or switch to a different carnitine, etc?

Some of what I read (abstracts) indicates that the ALCAR has an accumulation type effect, (esp. with treatment of peripheral neuropathy, promoting nerve regeneration, etc), and that could make a case for taking them regularly, depending on why you take them of course.

OTOH, I've read (not in a PubMed article) that ArginoCarn potentiates amphetamine but also increases tolerance to it, so if you take amphetamine regularly (and/or -possibly- some of the amphetamine-like stims like 1,3 dimethylamylamine, sulbutiamine, etc), then periodic breaks might make sense. Definitely more sense than increasing the dose of the stimulant if what I read is actually true. I don't have any studies available to back up that claim that I came across (it just sounded credible in context). I take d-amphetamine daily, and I do notice that ArginoCarn seems to potentiate it, probably via increased monoaminergic activity. The only mechanism I could see for tolerance here would be downregulation of monoaminergic receptors, but again, I haven't seen any studies which suggest that this occurs.

LCLT looks interesting too; how does it compare to ALCAR and ArginoCarn? Or does it better compare to PLCAR and GPLC?

Last, which is your favorite aminocarnitine?:)

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I've been curious about the effects of each carnitine versus the others since I started taking them. They are very interesting with a host of beneficial effects supported by the scientific literature. I found a thread on here that gave a one sentence synopsis of the major ones, but I'd like to see more comparative feedback.

I take Arginocarn (Primordial's bulk bags) daily lately. I took a break briefly for no specific reason, but it's funny you mention breaks. Do you think a break is needed when using a carnitine product long term, or switch to a different carnitine, etc?

Some of what I read (abstracts) indicates that the ALCAR has an accumulation type effect, (esp. with treatment of peripheral neuropathy, promoting nerve regeneration, etc), and that could make a case for taking them regularly, depending on why you take them of course.

OTOH, I've read (not in a PubMed article) that ArginoCarn potentiates amphetamine but also increases tolerance to it, so if you take amphetamine regularly (and/or -possibly- some of the amphetamine-like stims like 1,3 dimethylamylamine, sulbutiamine, etc), then periodic breaks might make sense. Definitely more sense than increasing the dose of the stimulant if what I read is actually true. I don't have any studies available to back up that claim that I came across (it just sounded credible in context). I take d-amphetamine daily, and I do notice that ArginoCarn seems to potentiate it, probably via increased monoaminergic activity. The only mechanism I could see for tolerance here would be downregulation of monoaminergic receptors, but again, I haven't seen any studies which suggest that this occurs.

LCLT looks interesting too; how does it compare to ALCAR and ArginoCarn? Or does it better compare to PLCAR and GPLC?

Last, which is your favorite aminocarnitine?:)
arginocarn I only mix with my preworkout, so I no experience with taking it daily.

As for "breaks", after about 16 weeks of LCLT/ PLCAR use i take 1 month off. This was recommended by a Genomyx rep. Not sure the reason anymore but i've been following it with no negatives to report so I'm gonna keep on it like that.

i also take AOX about 1.5 to 2 hours after carnitine ingestion. Dsade recommended this to help reduce the free radicals in your body from fat oxidization (if i remember it correctly).

i haven't used ALCAR yet but I'll give it a whirl one of these days.

My favorite is a toss up between LCLT and PLCAR. Both aid fatty acid transport, LCLT for AR upregulation and PLCAR for muscular energy.

LCLT would be better compared to PLCAR and GPLC because it's benefits are mostly noticed over time.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I've used LCLT and PLCAR. They both help with mental clarity for me. I'm on my third bag of GlycoCarn and loving it. Performance wise, GlycoCarn is the best carnitine supplement I've tried.

I haven't tried ArginoCarn yet, but I plan on giving it a shot after finishing up my GlycoCarn.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I need to definately hop back on some form of carnitine, i enjoyed it immensely when i was on Primordials Arginocarn.
whatd you like so much aobut it? i know tons of people LOVE carnitine for different reasons but im curious as to what you noticed most on it,

i myself have fallenin love with GPLC for pumps and vascularity, it looks like im on cycle vascularity wise i love the stuff!

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
VERY generally speaking here, but based on research and my own personal experiences:

ALCAR - cognition, energy

PLCAR - performance

LCLT - recovery

GPLC - pump, mildly stimulatory

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i need to do more research but i am 90% positive i read a study that said if you use l-car and alcar together they are counter-productive.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whatd you like so much aobut it? i know tons of people LOVE carnitine for different reasons but im curious as to what you noticed most on it,

i myself have fallenin love with GPLC for pumps and vascularity, it looks like im on cycle vascularity wise i love the stuff!
The mental clarity, ability to think quicker and better, i never really recieved the pumps people talk about it, its more the endurance for me.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Oh I loved it! But after purchasing it the first time I decided to actually put some money on top of that and get Blue Gene. It don't remember exactly how much is in there but it's a pretty high amount. One of the reasons they say take it pre-workout so it would give you more energy(which it did). But it also helped me plateau bust and loss some fat which was great :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Oh I loved it! But after purchasing it the first time I decided to actually put some money on top of that and get Blue Gene. It don't remember exactly how much is in there but it's a pretty high amount. One of the reasons they say take it pre-workout so it would give you more energy(which it did). But it also helped me plateau bust and loss some fat which was great :D
Yeah it gives you huge energy IMO...from the first dose.

BG=BGH stack ... not a bad idea ... :bigok:

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
The mental clarity, ability to think quicker and better, i never really recieved the pumps people talk about it, its more the endurance for me.
Yes, the mental clarity would be a number one for me as well! I do get energy, but I don't think about it as a pump. Carnitine enhances your ability to shuttle fatty acids into the mitochondria for energy production. This also preserves glycogen because you are burning more fat for energy.

I'm really excited to mix GlycoCarn and ArginoCarn. Should be a potent combo.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VERY generally speaking here, but based on research and my own personal experiences:

ALCAR - cognition, energy

PLCAR - performance

LCLT - recovery

GPLC - pump, mildly stimulatory

so is best mix them all @ REAL DOSES!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so is best mix them all @ REAL DOSES!!!
we need 1fast400/dsade or DR.D, in here, but it may not be a good idea to mix and match.

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
we need 1fast400/dsade or DR.D, in here, but it may not be a good idea to mix and match.
I'll mix ALCAR and PLCAR and run it on a human test subject (me)!!!! I'll throw it all into some unflavored PeptoPro and drink it preworkout.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll mix ALCAR and PLCAR and run it on a human test subject (me)!!!! I'll throw it all into some unflavored PeptoPro and drink it preworkout.
Im excited to try Pre-Max long term, especially with the clinical dose of GPLC in there.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
LCLT in Protocol basically cuts me recovery time to zero... its the first time I've ever taken straight carnitine for sport specific enhancement. After my positive experiences with that I moved onto adding GPLC, which is unmatched in my book. Interesting why no one has released a triad of Carnitines? One for fatty acid mobilization, one for NOS uptick, and one for recovery and receptor density. Mmmmm, sounds like a nice idea ;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LCLT in Protocol basically cuts me recovery time to zero... its the first time I've ever taken straight carnitine for sport specific enhancement. After my positive experiences with that I moved onto adding GPLC, which is unmatched in my book. Interesting why no one has released a triad of Carnitines? One for fatty acid mobilization, one for NOS uptick, and one for recovery and receptor density. Mmmmm, sounds like a nice idea ;)
do some research-i swear i read where it is counter productive to mix carnitines.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
do some research-i swear i read where it is counter productive to mix carnitines.
I will, thank you. Different types can be used during the day though, correct? Prior to morning cardio and pre-training perhaps?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will, thank you. Different types can be used during the day though, correct? Prior to morning cardio and pre-training perhaps?
can't say-i am going by memory, and it isn't what it used to be, lol.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I've been using LCLT w/breakfast (1gm) and 1.5g og PLCAR preworkout and LCLT 1g with last meal and had nothing but positive results so far. Not a doctor or anything so I would like to hear from dsade on this since he is very knowledgeable on carnitines.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've been using LCLT w/breakfast (1gm) and 1.5g og PLCAR preworkout and LCLT 1g with last meal and had nothing but positive results so far. Not a doctor or anything so I would like to hear from dsade on this since he is very knowledgeable on carnitines.
i would like to hear from dsade too, but crader says he is recovering from surgery.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it gives you huge energy IMO...from the first dose.

BG=BGH stack ... not a bad idea ... :bigok:
BG, BGH, and BU...hmmm sounds like something lue would stack and log ;)
I'm blue da ba dee da ba die

Let us know if you find something cause when you look something up you really look it up.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
ALCAR is GREAT!
just l-carnitine is not so much unless you take 20-30g of it compared to just 1g of ALCAR.
i like it and use 0.5-1.5g daily

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ALCAR is GREAT!
just l-carnitine is not so much unless you take 20-30g of it compared to just 1g of ALCAR.
i like it and use 0.5-1.5g daily
20-30 grams????????

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I love carnitine. The most exp I have is with LCLT. I've got a big tub of NP ALCAR that I'm about to start dosing @ breakfast.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
i would like to hear from dsade too, but crader says he is recovering from surgery.
he is, but he is still getting online. Plus, his Triazole arrived right before the weekend, so who knows what he's getting up to with his wife!

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone who knows me here on Am knows im a carnitine fanatic. I always highly suggest it for almost any goal. Buying from gnc or vitamin world is too expensive and you cant find the right ones. This year ive been and will probably always use now, Primordial's 2 versions of carnitine. GPLC, wich does not need anything to help with absorption btw, is perfect pre-workout. Arginocarn throughout the day works great, add ALA for even better absorption. Stack aspirin, caffiene and arginocarn for a great morning cardio fasted stack.