Best Protein other than ON whey?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.21%

Best Protein other than ON whey?

Ive heard mixed reviews about hydrowhey ON and i decided to try it out myself. saw alot of improvments, but was wondering if any other brand other than ON. many people bash ON and many people praise it. let me hear your opinion! ALSO! mixing casein and whey is a good thing right? slow digesting for throughout the day muscle recovery and also instant for optimum results?

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rojasdave View Post
    Ive heard mixed reviews about hydrowhey ON and i decided to try it out myself. saw alot of improvments, but was wondering if any other brand other than ON. many people bash ON and many people praise it. let me hear your opinion! ALSO! mixing casein and whey is a good thing right? slow digesting for throughout the day muscle recovery and also instant for optimum results?
    Doesn't really matter what protein powder you get, honestly - so long as you're getting in your daily protein needs (from food OR supplementation).

Yes, mixing different digestion-rate protein/s is fine.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Hydrowhey is good post workout, other than that, it doesn't really matter. It's just a matter of getting more protein in your diet. I personally buy protein that taste good.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.21%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Doesn't really matter what protein powder you get, honestly - so long as you're getting in your daily protein needs (from food OR supplementation).

Yes, mixing different digestion-rate protein/s is fine.

~Team APPNUT
    thank you once again! you just love helping me out!(: i have a stacking idea that i would like to share. not too many suppelments but it should help me out in october when im starting my real training. pre workout ASGT or RAG, LG BC+EAA throughout the day ( got that from another user ) hydrowhey, Postal as my post workout and gonna use oxyelite pro to still burn off unwanted fat. any additions/removals or ideas? also, is taking a multivitamin and fish oil good as well along with everything else?
  5. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rojasdave View Post
    thank you once again! you just love helping me out!(: i have a stacking idea that i would like to share. not too many suppelments but it should help me out in october when im starting my real training. pre workout ASGT or RAG, LG BC+EAA throughout the day ( got that from another user ) hydrowhey, Postal as my post workout and gonna use oxyelite pro to still burn off unwanted fat. any additions/removals or ideas? also, is taking a multivitamin and fish oil good as well along with everything else?
    Well, I AM here to help out

Honestly, if you're new to training, then just stick with the Basics - creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs - so YES, add in a multivitamin and good fats. I know that you've used several fat burners, but supplements are not really necessary, and there's definitely are no magic pill that will replace nutrition, training, hard work, and consistency to achieve your goals.

With what you have:
    * Creatine - ASGT
    * Multivitamin
    * Good Fats - fish oil
    * Protein - Hydrowhey
    * BCAAs - BC+EAA
    You can use OEP and Postal if you want, but they're not really necessary - if you're using ASGT, then that covers a lot of bases and will help re fat loss. You don't need to add any other supplements.

If you want RESULTS, then start training for REAL NOW! Don't wait until October.

If you want fat loss (just going from other posts you've made), then whether or not you are successful at this is dependent on your NUTRITION AND TRAINING. I recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for comprehensive advice and information re nutrition (and supplementation - only the basics needed!) and training for effective and successful fat loss.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Protein is protein from my experience. Get whatever you can get for a good price.. dymatize makes good cheap stuff.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.75%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Protein is protein from my experience. Get whatever you can get for a good price.. dymatize makes good cheap stuff.
    i disagree. a whey concentrate is not the same as a whey isolate when if you are lactose intolerant.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dropshot001 View Post
    i disagree. a whey concentrate is not the same as a whey isolate when if you are lactose intolerant.
    Well, you found the exception

like the guys said, Whey is Whey, Isolate is lactose free while Concentrate has some Lactose in it. You get few more grams in the Isolate, but you also pay more for Isolate.

Get the best tasting you can afford and you will be fine.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.57%

Iso-100 by dymatize is better IMO. Cheaper, taste better, and zero fat/carbs.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Trutein from TruNutrition Sciences is my current protein. I've tried their chocolate covered banana, chocolate, and chocolate covered strawberry and they're all great. If I had one slight against them it would be the presence of neotame. But any artificial sweetener is going to have it's negative press.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 04:06 AM
  2. Scivation Whey or allthewhey whey protein blend
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 08:43 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 08:12 AM
  4. Designer Protein Whey VS Optimum Nutrition Whey
    By g35driver2003 in forum Supplements