Best Protein other than ON whey?

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
Ive heard mixed reviews about hydrowhey ON and i decided to try it out myself. saw alot of improvments, but was wondering if any other brand other than ON. many people bash ON and many people praise it. let me hear your opinion! ALSO! mixing casein and whey is a good thing right? slow digesting for throughout the day muscle recovery and also instant for optimum results?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive heard mixed reviews about hydrowhey ON and i decided to try it out myself. saw alot of improvments, but was wondering if any other brand other than ON. many people bash ON and many people praise it. let me hear your opinion! ALSO! mixing casein and whey is a good thing right? slow digesting for throughout the day muscle recovery and also instant for optimum results?
Doesn't really matter what protein powder you get, honestly - so long as you're getting in your daily protein needs (from food OR supplementation).

Yes, mixing different digestion-rate protein/s is fine.

~Team APPNUT

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Hydrowhey is good post workout, other than that, it doesn't really matter. It's just a matter of getting more protein in your diet. I personally buy protein that taste good.

rojasdave

rojasdave

Awards
Doesn't really matter what protein powder you get, honestly - so long as you're getting in your daily protein needs (from food OR supplementation).

Yes, mixing different digestion-rate protein/s is fine.

~Team APPNUT
thank you once again! you just love helping me out!:) i have a stacking idea that i would like to share. not too many suppelments but it should help me out in october when im starting my real training. pre workout ASGT or RAG, LG BC+EAA throughout the day ( got that from another user ) hydrowhey, Postal as my post workout and gonna use oxyelite pro to still burn off unwanted fat. any additions/removals or ideas? also, is taking a multivitamin and fish oil good as well along with everything else?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thank you once again! you just love helping me out!:) i have a stacking idea that i would like to share. not too many suppelments but it should help me out in october when im starting my real training. pre workout ASGT or RAG, LG BC+EAA throughout the day ( got that from another user ) hydrowhey, Postal as my post workout and gonna use oxyelite pro to still burn off unwanted fat. any additions/removals or ideas? also, is taking a multivitamin and fish oil good as well along with everything else?
Well, I AM here to help out :)

Honestly, if you're new to training, then just stick with the Basics - creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs - so YES, add in a multivitamin and good fats. I know that you've used several fat burners, but supplements are not really necessary, and there's definitely are no magic pill that will replace nutrition, training, hard work, and consistency to achieve your goals.

With what you have:
* Creatine - ASGT
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats - fish oil
* Protein - Hydrowhey
* BCAAs - BC+EAA
You can use OEP and Postal if you want, but they're not really necessary - if you're using ASGT, then that covers a lot of bases and will help re fat loss. You don't need to add any other supplements.

If you want RESULTS, then start training for REAL NOW! Don't wait until October.

If you want fat loss (just going from other posts you've made), then whether or not you are successful at this is dependent on your NUTRITION AND TRAINING. I recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for comprehensive advice and information re nutrition (and supplementation - only the basics needed!) and training for effective and successful fat loss.

~Team APPNUT

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein is protein from my experience. Get whatever you can get for a good price.. dymatize makes good cheap stuff.

dropshot001

Awards
Protein is protein from my experience. Get whatever you can get for a good price.. dymatize makes good cheap stuff.
i disagree. a whey concentrate is not the same as a whey isolate when if you are lactose intolerant.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
i disagree. a whey concentrate is not the same as a whey isolate when if you are lactose intolerant.
Well, you found the exception :)

like the guys said, Whey is Whey, Isolate is lactose free while Concentrate has some Lactose in it. You get few more grams in the Isolate, but you also pay more for Isolate.

Get the best tasting you can afford and you will be fine.

SoCalMuscle

SoCalMuscle

Awards
Iso-100 by dymatize is better IMO. Cheaper, taste better, and zero fat/carbs.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Trutein from TruNutrition Sciences is my current protein. I've tried their chocolate covered banana, chocolate, and chocolate covered strawberry and they're all great. If I had one slight against them it would be the presence of neotame. But any artificial sweetener is going to have it's negative press.