Protein Bars

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Since I work in restaurant sometimes i have to go about 8hrs without eating a meal. And this summer I am only dropping fat and getting in shape. So with these two things in mind what is the best bar for someone like me? I am partial to u-turn but it has so many carbs and sugers. Oh yeah and my diet will be 40/40/20 and will be going between 2000 and 1700 cals a day. Thanks.

Edge

Awards
Since I work in restaurant sometimes i have to go about 8hrs without eating a meal. And this summer I am only dropping fat and getting in shape. So with these two things in mind what is the best bar for someone like me? I am partial to u-turn but it has so many carbs and sugers. Oh yeah and my diet will be 40/40/20 and will be going between 2000 and 1700 cals a day. Thanks.
Labrada Lean Body Carb Watchers or Chef Jays Trioplex would be good ones.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I heard Chef Jays was not what they claimed on the label?

DougMan

Awards
http://www.labelclaimstesting.com/

It was an effort by Mike from 1fast400. A noble effort, but I think people wouldnt pay for the tests, and there is no reason he should have to pay for it all. I havent seen anything tested in a while but I hope it starts back up.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Is there a descent bar made that actually meets label claims. Seems like the only way to get a good bar is to make it your self, which for me kind of takes away the point of a protein bar. If i'm gonna take the time to cook something i'm gonna make something better then bars.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Try to stay away from processed bars. Atleast limit to one a day if your schedule demands a quick food on the go. High fat (saturated included) content, artificial ingredients, and really how much of the labeled protein is actually nutritional. I do however, enjoy the Keto bars (oatmeal and lemon meringue flavors) since its much lower in fat (6g total) and only a gram of saturated fat per bar.
Sage

Edge

Awards
Is there a descent bar made that actually meets label claims. Seems like the only way to get a good bar is to make it your self, which for me kind of takes away the point of a protein bar. If i'm gonna take the time to cook something i'm gonna make something better then bars.
Labrada is usually good with labal claims. I remember his MRP's were near perfec except sodium was deemed to be higher.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I might just go with Labrada their one bar has a high protein ratio if I recall

Lonny

Awards
Yeah I might just go with Labrada their one bar has a high protein ratio if I recall

Some of his bars also contain Collagen which would mean that your not getting all the protein that is claimed.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Lonny. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Edge

Awards
Thanks Lonny. I'll have to keep an eye out for that.
Im pretty sure they all have collagen but I dont really care....He never claimed to have 100% pure whey or anything like that. I beliebe they have Whey, Caseinate, Collagen, maybe Soy.....