Anyone use straight creatine anymore?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.95%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I like CreaPure, Ancient Strength, Trinitine, C-bol was solid too, green mag has betaine which I do like.
    doing my own thang!

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew732 View Post
    I like CreaPure, Ancient Strength, Trinitine, C-bol was solid too, green mag has betaine which I do like.
    Controlled Labs Green Mag is a great formula... I always forget about Controlled Labs when it comes time to re-up my supply for some reason. I really like that company.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.51%

Didnt want to start a new post about an old topic, so dug this up. Does anyone using monohydrate do more than 5gs per day. Currently I take roughly 6-7 grams post workout every day. Been thinking of doing 5g with jack3d 30 mins pre w/o, and then 5g again post w/o. Sound ok?
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Pipes View Post
    Didnt want to start a new post about an old topic, so dug this up. Does anyone using monohydrate do more than 5gs per day. Currently I take roughly 6-7 grams post workout every day. Been thinking of doing 5g with jack3d 30 mins pre w/o, and then 5g again post w/o. Sound ok?
    yes its okay
    but seriously bro, you bumping old threads,kmon
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%

HOW DARE YOU SIR! This thread is circa 2 months ago - I can't believe it was still on the servers, or for that matter carved into stone tablets and archived by this point.

I usually take 5g upon waking prior to breakfast so I flood my system with the goody juice which will be efficiently welcomed with open insulinogenic arms with breakfast's assortment of high GI carbohydrates and Leucine-rich Whey protein. I then create an anabolic safety net by creating a buffer zone before, during, and after training by consuming 3/5/5g in respective order, consuming the final post workout dose with Need 2 Slin to enhance the anabolic window's duration and nutrient uptake.

Happy Creatining to you!
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    HOW DARE YOU SIR!

you sound like a British guy or something
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    HOW DARE YOU SIR! This thread is circa 2 months ago - I can't believe it was still on the servers, or for that matter carved into stone tablets and archived by this point.

I usually take 5g upon waking prior to breakfast so I flood my system with the goody juice which will be efficiently welcomed with open insulinogenic arms with breakfast's assortment of high GI carbohydrates and Leucine-rich Whey protein. I then create an anabolic safety net by creating a buffer zone before, during, and after training by consuming 3/5/5g in respective order, consuming the final post workout dose with Need 2 Slin to enhance the anabolic window's duration and nutrient uptake.

Happy Creatining to you!
    18gr a day? Seriously?
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.59%

i take 3g/day. i think it works equally well as 20 grams
    CELTIC LABS REP
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.78%

When my current 'special' creatine mix is finished I'll be switching back to good old monohydrate.. Because my current mix tastes like ASS!!
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    18gr a day? Seriously?
    Yes - I made no claims this is in any way the optimal dosage scheme, or discounted the many studies done in the past revolving around 5g dosages; I am simply stating I enjoy the many benefits of creatine on a very high level, and take in the bulk of my daily amount around training.

That aggregate 15-18 grams per day drops drastically to 3-5g per day maximum on off days. Since I have never experienced severe stomach discomfort, and we are all aware of the multitude of benefits offered by this amazing supplement, paired with the fact I have more on hand than I can ever imagine using - this is my protocol.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.59%

I like creatine mono because it is the closest thing to natural creatine. If anything dose make it more absorbable, which I am doubting, it would be less of a supplement, and moe of a performance enhancing chemical.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.56%

MAP+CREPURE+BCAA= My post drink.... I do take Crepure when I wake up in am 3g

and my post I take 5g...
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success

13. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

People who load it will for about a week.

My nutrient repartitioner is also a creatine product, so yes, some days when I was using it, I was having a lot more than ~5g of creatine daily - albeit not for the creatine.

However, be aware that once your body has reached its muscle creatine threshold, then using more than 3-5g of creatine daily is not going to saturate them any further, so there's no point in using more than that daily.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    People who load it will for about a week.

My nutrient repartitioner is also a creatine product, so yes, some days when I was using it, I was having a lot more than ~5g of creatine daily - albeit not for the creatine.

However, be aware that once your body has reached its muscle creatine threshold, then using more than 3-5g of creatine daily is not going to saturate them any further, so there's no point in using more than that daily.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    What if your like 220 mostly muscle?
  15. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    What if your like 220 mostly muscle?
    Doesn't make a difference. Everyone has a muscle creatine threshold of between 150-160 mmol/kg dw, and once it is reached, it canNOT be saturated further!

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.59%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    Doesn't make a difference. Everyone has a muscle creatine threshold of between 150-160 mmol/kg dw, and once it is reached, it canNOT be saturated further!
    Thanks Rosie! That sounds weird to me, because if a big guy needs no more than a little guy, it almost seems like the big can can't hold as much creatine per square inch of muscle.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.78%

I think she means everybody has a maximum. More muscle does mean more creatine holding capacity though.. right?
  18. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    Thanks Rosie! That sounds weird to me, because if a big guy needs no more than a little guy, it almost seems like the big can can't hold as much creatine per square inch of muscle.
    Once your creatine muscle threshold has been reached ~2-3g per day is enough to maintain those elevated levels, with a bigger individual will use the higher end of the range and a small individual the lower end - for example, a 70kg (i.e. 154 pounds) individual has a daily creatine turnover of 2g (Burke, et al., 2006; Harris, Soderlund & Hultman, 1992); using this ratio, a 200-pound individual has a daily creatine turnover of ~3g, and a 250-pound individual a daily creatine turnover of ~3.2g. Therefore you can see that there is not a lot of difference in the daily creatine requirements of a 150-pound individual and a 250-pound individual, so no, a "bigger guy" doesn't really need a lot more creatine than a "little guy".

Quote Originally Posted by tWack View Post
    I think she means everybody has a maximum. More muscle does mean more creatine holding capacity though.. right?
    Regardless of how much muscle you have, your body's creatine holding capacity is 150-160 mmol/kg dw (Burke, et al., 2006; Harris, Soderlund & Hultman, 1992).

A larger individual will have an overall larger amount of creatine in their system than a smaller individual because they have more dense weight, but it will still take the same amount of time to build up that creatine muscle threshold (i.e. ~20g a day for ~5 days (saturation occurs after 2-3 days), or ~5g a day for ~21 days) (Burke, et al., 2006; Harris, Soderlund & Hultman, 1992).

Your total muscle creatine concentration can only be increased by ~20%, with ~20% of that increase in muscle creatine being stored as Creatine Phosphate (Harris, Soderlund & Hultman, 1992).

Therefore, you can see that even 5g of creatine a day is plenty adequate for the biggest of individuals.

See my comments above.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman

19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.75%

I take maybe 4-5g a day, and no creapure on workout days due to using ASGT pre-wo. Really helps me stretch out my pre-wo supps.
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.51%

What if you don't take creatine on your days off, i.e. I workout about 5 days a week, but Fri and Sat I do not, and I do not take any creatine on those days. Do I lose saturation and need to load again on Sun/Mon?
  21. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.38%

What if you don't take creatine on your days off, i.e. I workout about 5 days a week, but Fri and Sat I do not, and I do not take any creatine on those days. Do I lose saturation and need to load again on Sun/Mon?
    Just continue dosing as usual every day, so you don't have to worry about these type of questions - especially since creatine is so inexpensive and the most researched compound in existence.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.48%

Thanks Rosie, for explaining the science behind the good stuff that creatine is.
    I think that creatine monohydrate really is in a league of its own when it comes to effectiveness and price. No need for fancy "tri-puffered" and other nonsense that just fattens supp. companies' pockets.
  23. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

No, you do NOT need to "load again" if you don't take creatine every day - as I said, it takes ~3 WEEKS of NOT using creatine for your muscle creatine levels to return to baseline. If you're like most people using ~5g a day when you use it, because you only need 2-3g a day to maintain saturation, you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SpargelJanusz View Post
    Thanks Rosie, for explaining the science behind the good stuff that creatine is.
    No worries It's amazing how many people just take something because they're told to or because they see everyone else doing it without bothering to actually find out WHY it's recommended, etc.

24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.51%

lol ^^ not really.. Look how many people have their oil changed every 3000 miles because they are told to.. yet they dont even know how, why, or what the effects oil has on your motor, what the different weights are and how they affect rods/piston, etc. You get the idea lol.

Not everyone is an expert.. thats why we use feedback from others to help us make more knowledgeable decisions.

Not trying to sound rude.. but your comment came off very condescending.
  25. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%

Not everyone is an expert.. thats why we use feedback from others to help us make more knowledgeable decisions.
    Using feedback from others is good, but one should also know WHY they are using a supplement, no matter WHAT the supplement is. Just sayin'.

26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.51%

Well it was helpful information. Good times.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.39%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I put 4g creatine mono in some v8 twist about 2-3 hours after I work out, the last pre wo I was taking had about 5g creatine in it so I why waste more? lately ive been doing the creatine mono +V8 for a pre wo also because im out of pre
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.98%

I'm done with straight creatine, I use gay creatine exclusively now... better taste.

I would say "no homo" but that seems a bit oxymoronical (is that even a word FTW)

Anyways, I use mono and dimalate biatch
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.39%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i use cell tech and nano halo 300,
    seriously though i would drink anabolic halo with lunch
    its some tasty stuff

Similar Forum Threads