ALA and ALCAR

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
What is the optimal daily dosage for both ALA and ALCAR?

Best taken first thing in the morning or spreading them throughout the day?

With food? Empty stomach?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ahh, yes, an oldie but a goodie.

In the AM on an empty stomach. Dosage varies widely..I use around 2 grams of ALCAR and 200mg ALA. Don't forget the biotin and some choline is not a bad idea either.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
But like with the ALCAR, you take it all at once instead of spreading it throughout the day?

Ahh, yes, an oldie but a goodie.

In the AM on an empty stomach. Dosage varies widely..I use around 2 grams of ALCAR and 200mg ALA. Don't forget the biotin and some choline is not a bad idea either.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
But like with the ALCAR, you take it all at once instead of spreading it throughout the day?
Best to spread it out, and a lot of people prefer ALCAR in the 4-8g range. I like it for AM workouts (~2-3g) because it helps with focus and energy. I suppose I could do an evening dose, but I don't, so I only use 2-3g once in the AM.

ALA, it's better to go with Na-R-ALA (or R-ALA). 150-250mg R-ALA about 15-30 minutes before food. I take ALA at 600mg before my pre-wo drink in the AM (50g carbs), but if I wait more than 5-10 minutes it starts to burn. Folks go up to 1.5g ALA a day, but 200-600mg would be okay.

Adjust based on how you react and desired results.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Purely a matter of preference. I don't like to spread it out due to insomnia issues.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
I was looking to go with PrimaFORCE Alcalean so sounds like about 4 caps first thing in the morning should work well.

Best to spread it out, and a lot of people prefer ALCAR in the 4-8g range. I like it for AM workouts (~2-3g) because it helps with focus and energy. I suppose I could do an evening dose, but I don't, so I only use 2-3g once in the AM.

ALA, it's better to go with Na-R-ALA (or R-ALA). 150-250mg R-ALA about 15-30 minutes before food. I take ALA at 600mg before my pre-wo drink in the AM (50g carbs), but if I wait more than 5-10 minutes it starts to burn. Folks go up to 1.5g ALA a day, but 200-600mg would be okay.

Adjust based on how you react and desired results.