What type of Consumer and Supporter are YOU?

What type of Consumer and Supporter are YOU?

• I Support The Imitators!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Simple question fellas...who do you support? Are you more inclined to support true innovation and the companies who choose to stand out? Do you support the Imitators who aim to try to take a piece of the pie which another company already started? Do you support both, or are you that guy that quite frankly doesn't give a sh*t and will purchase the cheapest sh*t possible as long as it is close or similar to the original?

Give honest answers and opinions...elaborate and discuss...

Cheers!:cheers:

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont give a sh1t as long as the product works- those are the companies i support on that list
LG
Iforce
AI
I havent tried any appnut so I cant cast judgement

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I dont give a sh1t as long as the product works- those are the companies i support on that list
LG
Iforce
AI
I havent tried any appnut so I cant cast judgement
I wasn't singling any companies out or mentioning any companies.

Regardless, this is what I want to see...someone nut up and come out with their honest opinion.

Thank you schwellington!

Reps coming good sir :)

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bump

TeamT10

Awards
so far iv only been using thermos, proteins, and test boosters, so without a doubt with all iv tried, USP rocks the house down like a boss

Also Gaspari, alot of poepl hate the Nova XT, i stand by it with everythin i got

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
This is too funny since I can actually read in between the lines...

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I answered that I support both, yes I care about price and yes cudos to those who consistently innovate in the market, but sometimes the imitators become the innovators... take Henry Ford, model T great car, but if no one imitated it and then improved on it where would we be today?!? so I support both, and in terms of importance of factors I agree with Schwellington, don't care if it REALLY works, and sometimes higher quality equals higher price, it's all relative and equally about knowing what your market segment expects

VALUE for MONEY is where it's really at for me.

High price doesn't always mean high/better quality in a competitive market but it can, and equally cheap doesn't necessarily mean $hit

just my three cents worth

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I support the least innovative that message moderators and whine to get guys banned on other sites :D

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm that guy if its a decent profile, from a company i like and its a decent price i'm all over it.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I support the least innovative that message moderators and whine to get guys banned on other sites :D
Quit complaining, Joe. Go back to the misc. section. :nutkick:

Much love, bro! :stooges:

As for my vote, I support innovation, quality, effectiveness and economy. If it's from a brand I trust, has known good ingredients, works or has been widely reported to meet label claims, and it's a decent price per dosing (my dosing, which is usually 1.5-2X normal), then I can dig it. I'm not much for clones or those who hang on the coattails of others. When Company A brings something out and Company B brings out something very similar yet priced much lower to "compete" within weeks, I don't agree with Company B. TOO much crap in this industry, and I don't like that kinda competition. Race to satisfy the consumers, NOT make a quick buck!!!!

Can I getta amen? :box:

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes clones stay around while the origionals change, or leave the scene.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
The banning sh*t on the other forum is becoming retarded for sure. At least on this site I don't have to worry about that garbage as much...the mods over here are a hell of a lot better.

Plus, not as many whiny little P*ssies over here.

Quit complaining, Joe. Go back to the misc. section. :nutkick:

Much love, bro! :stooges:

As for my vote, I support innovation, quality, effectiveness and economy. If it's from a brand I trust, has known good ingredients, works or has been widely reported to meet label claims, and it's a decent price per dosing (my dosing, which is usually 1.5-2X normal), then I can dig it. I'm not much for clones or those who hang on the coattails of others. When Company A brings something out and Company B brings out something very similar yet priced much lower to "compete" within weeks, I don't agree with Company B. TOO much crap in this industry, and I don't like that kinda competition. Race to satisfy the consumers, NOT make a quick buck!!!!

Can I getta amen? :box:
Very well said and I can say amen to that brutha.

Reps coming to ya.

Sometimes clones stay around while the origionals change, or leave the scene.
The originals generally leave the scene for integrity reasons. The reason clones stay around longer generally is because without the clones those companies more often times don't have sh*t for products other than the "clones". Basically, the idea behind most of those companies is to create products under established or similar names just to make a quick buck.

I mean I understand bargain hunting...everyone wants to get the best bang for their buck, but at the same time quality matters...with clones, especially PH's you have to be really careful...not only health wise, but you also have to wonder whether your getting what you pay for or just some white pixie dust that is put into caps, or in some cases a discolored powder that isn't even remotely related to what is supposed to be in the caps.

Personally, what I find sad is that this industry is loaded with scammers, knockoffs, and cliche marketing. It is a rarity to see real innovation anymore. There are still some great minds in this industry and I do enjoy it when I do see some legit innovative products brought to market, but there are always the me-too companies right around the corner and for those companies that can't create anything original and have to knockoff other companies and try to call their sh*t original by adding one or two meaningless ingredients in a proprietary formula to hide the fact the product is a knockoff I call :bsflag: and I give you the official salute :FUfinger:.

I should state...I am speaking my own mind and my thoughts in this thread should not reflect upon my affiliation in any way, shape, or form because I am a consumer the same as everyone else and I invoke my right of free speech to say whatever the F*ck I want.

If I get banned for speaking my mind so be it...I don't give a rat's a$$ because this sh*t needs to get said.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
As much as companies I LOVE Controlled labs, LG, and USP Labs! That about it. As much as the other thing it matter man. If am a broke fukk I don't give a sh!t but if I have the cash I don't mind supporting the OI. Also I would like to say I have NEVER tried PP, APN, and a lot of other companies. I've been using the basic supplements for most of the time and I have just started trying different companies but those 3 companies make some GOOD SH!T!!!!

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I whole heartedly support the innovation!! Sadly though, when money is involved, integrity seems to take a backseat alot of the time.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like innovaters, but companies may come out with a similiar product THAT WORKS for half the price. With the econmy the way it is. I try to buy the best ingredient profiles for the cheapest price. If I had all the money in the world I would pay the best product no matter the price. But times are the easiest right now with the money. Being honest.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The banning sh*t on the other forum is becoming retarded for sure. At least on this site I don't have to worry about that garbage as much...the mods over here are a hell of a lot better.

Plus, not as many whiny little P*ssies over here.
Thing is, when you put all the company reps into one place, say the O or the Arnie, they'll have a load of fun together like old friends. Maybe 'they' don't want you to know that, but all the company competition aside, we do have the understanding that we're all in the same boat. Pull away the shilling BS and we do get along in most non-supplement topic threads. There are very few that I don't get along with, despite being hated by many for some reason or another.

On the flipside of rep-dom, when a forum person walks up to ya in real life and treats you like you're some sort of retarded celebrity or something, it's flattering, but WAY unnecessary!!! We're people, too - wipe our butts back to front just like everybody else. Wait, what???

...well, except me. I'm a friggin rock star. :head:

I whole heartedly support the innovation!! Sadly though, when money is involved, integrity seems to take a backseat alot of the time.
Yes, it is a shame. There are those companies that I trust enough to buy from, and those that I simply won't no matter what the bargain nor the "innovation". I won't even hint at names, as that's completely unfair and unprofessional. But there are those out there to make a buck and run, while others lead the industry in innovation and get ripped off constantly.

I like innovaters, but companies may come out with a similiar product THAT WORKS for half the price. With the econmy the way it is. I try to buy the best ingredient profiles for the cheapest price. If I had all the money in the world I would pay the best product no matter the price. But times are the easiest right now with the money. Being honest.
And sometimes, what's really innovative and effective is just WAY too expensive to put out there. Case in point - PhytoAndro - a little pet project someone at AX was playing with last year. It's a phyto androgen - actually works from the other side of things to increase androgen receptors instead of boost test levels - nothing like it on the market, and likely nothing will be like it. From the small amount that very few of us got to try, the math worked out to be somewhere in the ballpark of around $300 per bottle retail price. Even on a larger scale, it wouldn't come close to being a fair price. Unless someone wants to have at it and get the demand up enough for the price to become equitable, it'll not see the light of day.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i tend to support companies that make GOOD clones of something and its cheaper.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I take quite a few things into consideration.

1. The product has to be in line with my goals. If it sounds great, but isn't going to help me obtain my goals, I don't need it.
2. I have to respect the company and their reps. Doesn't matter how great the reviews are.
3. Price has to be reasonable.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take quite a few things into consideration.

1. The product has to be in line with my goals. If it sounds great, but isn't going to help me obtain my goals, I don't need it.
2. I have to respect the company and their reps. Doesn't matter how great the reviews are.
3. Price has to be reasonable.
Yes Respect for a company and its reps. Is a definite must. One of the reasons Im doing what I can since I became a rep. RESPECT is HIGH in my book.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
I support companies that show integrity and honesty, and put out quality products supported by science.

And it doesn't hurt if they throw out killer deals that make my wallet happy :)

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I support companies that show integrity and honesty, and put out quality products supported by science.

And it doesn't hurt if they throw out killer deals that make my wallet happy :)
Honesty is key. I'd rather hear this product can help you put on a couple lbs in a month, rather than you'll gain 25lbs in 3 days!!!!!

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Honesty is key. I'd rather hear this product can help you put on a couple lbs in a month, rather than you'll gain 25lbs in 3 days!!!!!
That ^

Also if there reps are d!cks I say fukk'em. If they don't respect me I'll try something else by someone else.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That ^

Also if there reps are d!cks I say fukk'em. If they don't respect me I'll try something else by someone else.
Screw you, buddy!!

HA!! Just messing with ya. Much love! :cheers:

(no homo)

Ether

Awards
First and foremost for me the products has to work for me. The cost per serving is a factor but a small one.

I prefer tried and true products vs the latest and greatest new things. With all of the research it is hard to keep up with it all. As a rule I thoroughly research any product before using it.I'm pretty anal about what's put into my body.

Honest feedback is what I like about this forum.

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
But i want to gain 25lbs :(
why son, you need some muscletech then, surely the best supplement company ever, think I might pop down to GNC right now, as long as the bank manager will re-mortgage the house or I manage to sell one of the children for medical trials

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed- If its same quality at a cheaper price I'll go with the imitator

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As I mentioned in the other Innovator/Imitator thread , in regards to Prop blends, MANY companies use Prop blends soley to hide their "ghost ingreds" , or so they are free to change dosing of ingreds between batches;)
HOWEVER...

The justification behind the use of "prop blends" can also be protection from theft/clone. When a company brings out a product that is truly innovative, not riding on the coat tails of another existing product, then the use of a prop blend until a patent on the formulation is secured is the only means by which a company can protect itself from fraud. Sure, not such a big deal if some company is only making clones or knock-off products, but to those that do bring something unique to the market, being first is huge. Being second and undercutting price is nice for the consumer, but put yourself in the originator's shoes once and it ain't so happy-happy at all.

From my own personal standpoint, some might dub me an artist of sorts. Whether it is a painting, digital design, or a written piece that I do, if someone snags it and uses it as their own, even if slightly modified, I want to scream bloody murder and do horrible things to those who copy me. Contrary to popular belief, imitation is NOT always the sincerest form of flattery. Sometimes, it's just Richard-ish.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
HOWEVER...

The justification behind the use of "prop blends" can also be protection from theft/clone. When a company brings out a product that is truly innovative, not riding on the coat tails of another existing product, then the use of a prop blend until a patent on the formulation is secured is the only means by which a company can protect itself from fraud. Sure, not such a big deal if some company is only making clones or knock-off products, but to those that do bring something unique to the market, being first is huge. Being second and undercutting price is nice for the consumer, but put yourself in the originator's shoes once and it ain't so happy-happy at all.

From my own personal standpoint, some might dub me an artist of sorts. Whether it is a painting, digital design, or a written piece that I do, if someone snags it and uses it as their own, even if slightly modified, I want to scream bloody murder and do horrible things to those who copy me. Contrary to popular belief, imitation is NOT always the sincerest form of flattery. Sometimes, it's just Richard-ish.
it all comes down to quality. take prescription drugs for example, they say generics are exactly the same-but i can tell you for a fact they don't give same results. i trully believe prop blends are a slap in the face to bodybuilding industry. go into a drug store and see how many prop blends you can find. all those companies make tons of money without the use of prop blends.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it all comes down to quality. take prescription drugs for example, they say generics are exactly the same-but i can tell you for a fact they don't give same results. i trully believe prop blends are a slap in the face to bodybuilding industry. go into a drug store and see how many prop blends you can find. all those companies make tons of money without the use of prop blends.
See PM, quasi-related. But to respond to this one before I hit the pillow, comparing the way big Pharma works and the way the supp industry works is like comparing Ford Motor Company to backyard dirt track racers. Same ballgame, way way way different rules.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
See PM, quasi-related. But to respond to this one before I hit the pillow, comparing the way big Pharma works and the way the supp industry works is like comparing Ford Motor Company to backyard dirt track racers. Same ballgame, way way way different rules.
hit the rack-we will talk again another time.:bigok:

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
So it seems that making money is more important than letting the consumers know exactly how much of everything they're putting in their bodies. I realize the goal of the business IS to make money, but it seems to be at the patron's expense.

Not only do I look at labels at the grocery store, but I've now begun looking to see what companies aren't using prop blends. My health is more important than some super duper special blend of God knows what.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? :D

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I support what works I don't really care who origanated or immitated.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
HOWEVER...

Amen to that T-AD. :hail:

Imitation is flattery to an extent, but when imitation becomes a trend that is a different story...that is when you want to b*tch slap the sh*t out of the morons trying to pull on your coat tails. I mean its like damn, can't you do anything for yourself? :madfawk:

I mean the supplement industry has become like the music and movie industries...everything is damn near the same thing over and over again. For example, rap music and even some hardcore rock music...its like listening to recycled crap...sometimes I wonder if I am listening to something new or I question if I am somehow listening to a broken record. Movies...remake after remake with the same claims...its back its different this time...yeah spare me that bullsh*t. The supplement industry...lets copy a little bit of this and a little bit of that, put an established/similar name on the bottle and hope some customers don't use enough common sense to research and under sell the innovators is the theme....The sh*t gets old real quick. :angryfire:

Ok rant over...:D

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Simple question fellas...who do you support? Are you more inclined to support true innovation and the companies who choose to stand out? Do you support the Imitators who aim to try to take a piece of the pie which another company already started? Do you support both, or are you that guy that quite frankly doesn't give a sh*t and will purchase the cheapest sh*t possible as long as it is close or similar to the original?

Give honest answers and opinions...elaborate and discuss...

I support the boutique type brands that are a specialty company, small enough to hear the desires of the consumer, and supply their needs as an aspiring athlete.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I get the use of prop blends by certain companies cause they put out a truly innovative product just not some retread that has been changed slightly and called something close to the original. So i see the need for them until they can get their patent on their product, cause the supplement game is truly vicious when it comes to people just looking to make a buck without thinking of the consumer. But i like to support the truly innovative products when they come out, but none the less i wasn't born into the Rockefeller family tree so doesn't always work out that way. As a consumer we all have what we are willing to spend on supplements cause at the end of the day they are just that. So sometimes while we would like to be free with the money and support all the great innovative products out there you also have to do whats best for yourself. Cause innovation doesn't come cheap most the time.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I try something and I like it, if it works, ill spend my hard earned cash on it time and again. Ill almost likely try something else from that company too. I try many different supplements based on my own curiostiy, via the companies advertisement, or sites like this one, with people sharing their thoughts and experiences. Ill do my own little investigation and decide wether or not to make my purchase. Another way something leads me to try something, is if another lifter is having success with it ( stan efferding swore by mass amino tabs from beverly, and he had a certain way to take them, and he was right, they worked and worked well )

Some supplements on my list come and go, and come back again, some never come back at all. Primordial Performance and Usp labs have been great to me and ill continue to buy and use their products. Ive recently tried Alr, Progenex, and later ill decide if I want to keep using them. Universal and Beverly nutrition also remain in my stash. Im not much for imitators, but I wont rule them out either. Never say never.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I say for supplements its fine to keep it a big secret but for meds, like if someone find the cure to breast cancer, release it or make it cheap enough that everybody that needs the treatment could get it. When it comes to lives there is no fukking around.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I say for supplements its fine to keep it a big secret but for meds, like if someone find the cure to breast cancer, release it or make it cheap enough that everybody that needs the treatment could get it. When it comes to lives there is no fukking around.
Yeah but when i find a cure for cancer i wouldn't be a trillionaire.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I get the use of prop blends by certain companies cause they put out a truly innovative product just not some retread that has been changed slightly and called something close to the original. So i see the need for them until they can get their patent on their product, cause the supplement game is truly vicious when it comes to people just looking to make a buck without thinking of the consumer. But i like to support the truly innovative products when they come out, but none the less i wasn't born into the Rockefeller family tree so doesn't always work out that way. As a consumer we all have what we are willing to spend on supplements cause at the end of the day they are just that. So sometimes while we would like to be free with the money and support all the great innovative products out there you also have to do whats best for yourself. Cause innovation doesn't come cheap most the time.
No, innovation doesn't come cheap. At the same time though there is no replacement for innovation and quality. I mean, I can understand companies coming out with similar products in each category, but it would be nice to see more individuality in the products. I mean, the worst categories in the supplement world are Test Boosters and Pre-Workout formulas...very few truly original products in those categories.

Another thing I should ask...ok bargain hunting is great and all, but how important is the science behind the products to you all? I mean how often are there guys asking for the science behind the products after they have already bought it. Do some research before buying anything...:gotsearch: :tool:. Your body is your temple.

Me personally, there better be some pretty damn good references behind the products for me to even consider it. I mean I love how some people think that if they see all these great testimonials that the product must be good...come on really? Use some critical thinking...most testimonials are garbage and many people are afraid to tell it like it is...people don't have to be nasty about it, but at least be honest say hey the product just didn't work for me and it is not something I would personally recommend, but to each their own...not that hard to give an honest, diplomatic response. Know what I mean?

Additionally, placebo effect results and broscience seem to be running amok nowadays. No wonder why there are so many knockoffs floating around in the supplement industry. :wtf1:

Cheers:cheers:

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
I support the companies that deliver a product that works and is well-researched and seem to operate with integrity. Sometimes, I find I product I like from a company I don't like and I use it until I find something better from a company I like.

I think what frustrates me the most is that many supp companies don't answer pretty important questions concerning amounts caffeine, creatine, etc. Many consumers stack products with other products that have some of the same ingredients and we only ask to make informed decisions on what we put into our bodies.

The typical scenarios that play out and make me lose some respect:

1. "Hey, just stack them with our whole line and you won't have any issues".

2. Question gets avoided altogether.

3. Question is partially answered, usually if the poster gave praise, and the important part gets blown off. "hey I love product xyz, but want to do some creatime mono post workout. Just wondering how much is in your product so I don't overdo it. Rep response: "Glad you are enjoying our product!"

I know some of the issue is that I could be someone just trying to get the companies to divulge info, but things like caffeine, creatine, BA, etc. should just be standard items that get listed by the total content because they are frequently supplemented in addition to any one product.

This is not a proprietary vs. non-proprietary argument for me. Lots of companies with prop blends get it and some even list the amounts of commonly supplemented ingredients. Just answer the question. If you can't for some reason, say why. It's a matter of integrity.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So it seems that making money is more important than letting the consumers know exactly how much of everything they're putting in their bodies. I realize the goal of the business IS to make money, but it seems to be at the patron's expense.

Not only do I look at labels at the grocery store, but I've now begun looking to see what companies aren't using prop blends. My health is more important than some super duper special blend of God knows what.
I won't argue with ya on that one, except for the making money part. Sometimes, just sometimes, it's not all about the money. ;)

This will never happen. Why would you ever sell a cure for something when you can make a million different treatments and rake in the bucks for decade after decade?!?!

Not to completely knock the medical profession, as I do have a lot of those types in my own family, but...

1. Docs never give you the cure, but are quick to try different treatments.
2. Medical professionals practice medicine. Practice makes perfect, but people apparently don't ever live long enough to get it right.

;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is a quote from my new doc when I asked him why my old doc didn't know squat-'what do you call the guy who finished last in medical school-

DOCTOR'.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
this is a quote from my new doc when I asked him why my old doc didn't know squat-'what do you call the guy who finished last in medical school-

DOCTOR'.
Nice. That is one of the better quotes I have heard. :D