lets challenge alcar for just a minute

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

lets challenge alcar for just a minute

A lot of people say they feel leaner on it, but a lot of people also say that "no bloat" creatine is a good thing, even though most of us know that the only creatine bloat is in the muscle, and not over the muscle making us look fat. So lets challnge ALCAR for just a minute.

Before anyone starts bashing me, I just whant to say that Im not bashing ALCAR, but I think this will be an interesting read, and we all can learn

We know that injectible carnitie works, but to much carnitine can be hard on the thyroid in the long run.

ALCAR seems to only really be popular amoung people like us, who really look for new supplements and nutrients. It's not showing up in the mainstream preworkout products, and although you can get some ALCAR pills next to the other supplements at the grocery store, ALCAR still hasn't made it into any popular weightloss products.

I don't know how to conclude except to say feel free to discuss!

2. Registered User

besides i like lclt better.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    besides i like lclt better.
    How so?
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kingdong View Post
    How so?
    since i started taking it i seem to get more bang from my test cyp. it was noticeable my 1st injection after starting the lclt. i have to give credit to andrew for suggesting it to me.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Man, no one jumped i to defend this stuff. Personally, if Im going to take a carnitine, Ill stick with ALCAR, because it exist in nature, and Im a hippy.
  6. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor

A lot of people say they feel leaner on it, but a lot of people also say that "no bloat" creatine is a good thing, even though most of us know that the only creatine bloat is in the muscle, and not over the muscle making us look fat. So lets challnge ALCAR for just a minute.

Before anyone starts bashing me, I just whant to say that Im not bashing ALCAR, but I think this will be an interesting read, and we all can learn

We know that injectible carnitie works, but to much carnitine can be hard on the thyroid in the long run.

ALCAR seems to only really be popular amoung people like us, who really look for new supplements and nutrients. It's not showing up in the mainstream preworkout products, and although you can get some ALCAR pills next to the other supplements at the grocery store, ALCAR still hasn't made it into any popular weightloss products.

I don't know how to conclude except to say feel free to discuss!
    I almost stopped reading when you got to the statement about creatine bloat only existing IN the muscle. But I pressed on..........

Alcar isn't showing up in a LOT of products because contract manufacturers don't like dealing with a messy, clumpy ingredient like Alcar.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    I almost stopped reading when you got to the statement about creatine bloat only existing IN the muscle. But I pressed on..........

Alcar isn't showing up in a LOT of products because contract manufacturers don't like dealing with a messy, clumpy ingredient like Alcar.
    Not to mention the pretty sour, bitter taste of it. I personally love ALCAR when cutting, but more for non-stim energy than for fat loss purposes.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post

OK, I guess creatine can inflame the digestive tract a bit.

And good call on the clump thing, and to rodja, good call on the bitterness thing. Like I said, I dont whant to just bash ALCAR.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Cant bash a supplement if you havent used it. Some people wont respond to it and in some cases people are using inferior product. ALCAR does seem to produce a slimming effect, it also seems to enhance endogenous Test and boost energy, of course this is all anecdotal and possibly placebo, but, Im glad its useful. Anyone else using it regularly and noticeing these effects?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Ive used it. Ive actually had a hundred gram container that I use occasionally for a whole year now. I don't like it before social situations. It takes away my humor. I mixed some with my Jack3d today, and hated it. It made me too mellow. I like to feel like my life is a scene from Rambo 4 when Im training, and this stuff made me emotionally neutral.
  11. Registered User

Ive used it. Ive actually had a hundred gram container that I use occasionally for a whole year now. I don't like it before social situations. It takes away my humor. I mixed some with my Jack3d today, and hated it. It made me too mellow. I like to feel like my life is a scene from Rambo 4 when Im training, and this stuff made me emotionally neutral.
    try lclt, it actually increases aggression- for me.
  12. Registered User

can i just use l-carnitine?
  13. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by catcat View Post
    can i just use l-carnitine?
    although all the carnitines are related, they each cause different effects. google carnitine and see what effects each are known for.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I like ALCAR on my off days when not stimming. It perks me up in a nice calm way. I am also using LCLT(Protocol) post workout and liking the recovery from it.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  15. Registered User

I'd say that ALCAR has taken hold more in the nootropic market. Even there, you need so much of it, and it is so sour and clumpy, that it is never going to be an important part of a many-ingredient pill. I personally need 1-2 g of ALCAR to feel anything, but it is very noticeable to me as smooth energy and general alertness. I am very confident that I could detect this versus placebo.

To me, the possible lipolytic and/or androgen receptor clearing effects are of secondary importance, but the scientific evidence is pretty solid. I think that creatine has spoiled our thinking about supplements. If ALCAR could make, say, 3 lbs. of difference of fat loss or muscle gain over half a year, AND give me the very noticeable mental benefits and be a generally health-promoting supplement (e.g., an antioxidant), then it is easily worth its low cost. However, there is no way that I could feel those 3 lbs. over 6 months -- the change would be too gradual.

Many people would disagree and say that half a pound difference per month is nothing -- they can gain 2 lbs. per month training hard and drinking milk, etc., or "I can't feel it like I do [stimulant + niacin + kitchen sink pre-workout powder]." We all have to weigh the pluses and minuses for ourselves.

However, keep in mind that one reason that you won't see ALCAR catch on in the mainstream is that you need so much of it (doesn't fit in a single capsule with other ingredients). It only makes sense for the dedicated, intelligent person who is willing to either take multiple capsules, or who is willing to dip his 1/4-tsp measuring spoon into a jar of sour tasting powder for a heaping scoop and then slam it down with some liquid.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

A wise man once said "What is right is not always popular and What is popular is not always right" Creating a new product with big claims, strong advertising and stocking it on the shelves will sell far more then a product under the radar that actually works. More often then none these popular products are extremely overrated.

What is one of the best post-workout drinks you can take? A: Chocolate milk, yet products continuously come out claiming they have the best post-workout shake or powder that will help you recover the best and get you the most gains.

That said, ALCAR is on my top 5 supplement list of all time. Very few other supplements will give you such a large spectrum of benefits.
    ďLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

I luv Piracetam and Alcar, 2 grams each mixed in water. Yummy and makes me sharp!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

The "mellow" and lack of humor could be from test elevation. Emotionally neutral, hmmm, depending on the situation that could be placebo. Of course all of it could be placebo.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.

I know this is a mega dig here guys....What are your thoughts on l-car injection into fat?
  20. Registered User

Alcar is awesome for increasing free testosterone.
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate.
    iForce Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iForceNutrition
    iForce website: www.iforcenutrition.com
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    Alcar is awesome for increasing free testosterone.
    Source? I've seen animal studies, but nothing in humans regarding ALCAR and free testosterone.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  22. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Source? I've seen animal studies, but nothing in humans regarding ALCAR and free testosterone.
    just some personal work i did with a few "lab rats"

we found when dosed properly it really increases free test significantly(only had about 6 of us try it though). used saliva tests for verification
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate.
    iForce Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iForceNutrition
    iForce website: www.iforcenutrition.com
  23. Registered User

Could you please expand on how to dose alcar properly?
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  223 lbs.

I love ALCAR. The cognitive effect alone, is awesome. As for taste, its nasty sour, but mixed with cran-juice( I use diet, next to no carbs and next to no sugar). It eases the sourness. Anyone hear tried bulk phenibut-HAHA?

I gotta say, that I do think there is a bit of a slimming effect on it.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

I have a love/hate relationship with ALCAR.It is one of the most effective supplements out there,but for me,it is quite an emotional rollercoaster.
    I seem to be very sensitive to it`s nootropic effects.
  26. Registered User

The main thing that scares me about ALCAR is that it prevents thyroid hormone from entering into cells. Sort of making them thyroid resistent. So really your thyroid panel could look normal but the cell is not getting the hormone. I think alot of people under estimate how important thyroid function is.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ramon25 View Post
    The main thing that scares me about ALCAR is that it prevents thyroid hormone from entering into cells. Sort of making them thyroid resistent. So really your thyroid panel could look normal but the cell is not getting the hormone. I think alot of people under estimate how important thyroid function is.
    I was unaware of it`s impact on thyroid hormones.Could be the reason I have such a hard time with the stuff.
  28. Registered User

Yeah i dont do well of the stuff either. They gave used it to treat HYPERthyroidism and works quite well for that just at 1-3 grams a day. So there is an impact even at moderate doses.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.

i had no idea alcar had this kind of effect on thyroid hormones either. this seems worth investigating.
  30. Registered User

Also unaware if its effect on the thyroid, are there any articles supporting this?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. last minute review
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 01:32 PM
  2. u ready for a real challenge? the gallon challenge
    By justing in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:30 PM