Supplement to lower blood pressure

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I have always run higher blood pressure. Any supps good for helping lower it?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Ameal BP
Cycle Support
EFA's
Krill
CSE
Water

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Hawthorne berry. I find the extract (liquid) very effective. It's in Cycle Support as was mentioned earlier.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I like hawthorn berry also

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Nice suggestion. Seems like there is quite a bit of positive feedback on this different approach to lowering BP (well, over the internet).

Are there any cheaper knock offs? Too $$$ for me.

Edit:was referring to the Ameal

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
If you're taking any NO boosters, stop. They make blood pressure skyrocket. Yes they can help while training but they're not helpful outside the gym.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Just to clarify, arginine is a vasodialator, while lots of the common energy ingredients in NO pre-workouts are vasoconstrictors, like caffeine. I agree with the Cycle support, works well and it's proven.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought vasodilation through increased nitric oxide (NO2 boosters) cause blood vessels to relax/dilate, which would lower blood pressure not elevate it.

If you're taking any NO boosters, stop. They make blood pressure skyrocket. Yes they can help while training but they're not helpful outside the gym.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I thought vasodilation through increased nitric oxide (NO2 boosters) cause blood vessels to relax/dilate, which would lower blood pressure not elevate it.
I should have been more clear in my post. Yes, L-arginine (and some other forms of it) can cause hypotension. It's usually all the other added garbage that counteracts it and increases BP. If you want to continue using something to increase NO production then you may want to buy bulk L-arginine or something similar. Try avoiding the stims they throw in all the other products on the market for a while. Test boosters can also increase BP. You can also make some lifestyle changes: more water, more sleep, reduce sodium intake, increase potassium intake, quit your job and move to a secluded tropical island, etc.

HurtinPounds

Awards
A quality Fish oil / EFA blend. And like mentioned, staying away from anything that increases it, should be your first concern. I'm assuming you already know this, but just making sure due to so many pre's out there loaded with ingredients.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I drink about 2 gallons of water a day. I used massive amounts of juice in my early 20's and have struggled with it since.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Nice suggestion. Seems like there is quite a bit of positive feedback on this different approach to lowering BP (well, over the internet).

Are there any cheaper knock offs? Too $$$ for me.

Edit:was referring to the Ameal
walgreens and ebay

the Cardinal

Awards
The big three are grapeseed extract, hawthorn berry extract, and celery seed extract. All are relatively inexpensive, so it would probably be worthwhile to try each of them individually while using a $30 BP wrist monitor 45 minutes - 1 hour later to measure the effectiveness. i guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised.

If I were forced to pick just one, it would probably be the grapeseed extract at 300 mg./day (in two divide doses of 150 mg).

Other supplements which can have modest effects on high BP are pomegranate extract, arginine ethyl ester, and L-theanine (at bed time).

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
grapeseed extract
celery seed extract
hawthorn berry extract
EFA's
Garlic extr

2 name a few. any of these should help.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Celery Seed Extract is a wise choice just by understanding its mechanism of action. If my memory serves me correct, most often for weight lifters using supplements, hypertension is causes by excess fluid volume/water retention from various supplements/hormonals although not all of the time. Celery Seed Extract acts as a mild diuretic in addition to mimicking a calcium channel blocker, which are pharmacologically used to manager increased pressures.

There is also a milk peptide, C12 or something like that I can not recall off the top of my head that is far superior to most all of everything on the market as far as OTC goes; only major drawback is that its expensive but it is suppose to mimic an ACE Inhibitor to reduce pressures preventing arterial constriction.

majormass

Awards
Ive always used meganatural bp from swanson. they also have a comprehensive formula for bp with the meganatural, ameal bp, natto and hawthorn for like 25bucks or so. also organic apple cider vinegar is cheap and very effective. if that ain't your bag, try Mukta Vati: it's and ayuverdic supplement from india and will decrease bp substantially within 3 days. I have to maintain my bp low for my job DOT requirements , so I have verified all these methods personally.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ive always used meganatural bp from swanson. they also have a comprehensive formula for bp with the meganatural, ameal bp, natto and hawthorn for like 25bucks or so. also organic apple cider vinegar is cheap and very effective. if that ain't your bag, try Mukta Vati: it's and ayuverdic supplement from india and will decrease bp substantially within 3 days. I have to maintain my bp low for my job DOT requirements , so I have verified all these methods personally.
That stuff looks good, I just checked it out, never used it though.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
These have been my favs with normal staples- I think they both contain the C-12 peptide.

CSE, EFA, Krill, Water, Diet, Cycle Support,

Attachments

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Garlic
Celery seed
More cardio
l- argine 1-2g day

Used the above with success. Always take L-arginine for health benefits and seems to keep my bp in check so just been keeping it steady.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is that C-12 peptide or something derived by milk I want to say that is suppose to work unreal good for something OTC. It mimics an ace inhibitor if I recall correct.

Mike

John Denver

Awards
Want all to come here agian to update this topic, after a long time, I think this is incomplete. Do you please share something about lowering Blood pressure with supplements

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
Celery seed extract, Hawthorne extract, and fish oil have been my staples for years.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I have read promising things about Hypertine as well.

CoQ10 and Celery Seed Extract will lower mine several points.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Want all to come here agian to update this topic, after a long time, I think this is incomplete. Do you please share something about lowering Blood pressure with supplements
Well other than what is all over this thread, could add to the list Potassium Nitrate.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
COQ10 if not mentioned

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have read promising things about Hypertine as well. CoQ10 and Celery Seed Extract will lower mine several points.
Never heard of it. Just ran a google search on this stuff as it relates to blood pressure. Cool stuff.

Wonder what the feedback is. Got poor reviews in Amazon. Lol

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of it. Just ran a google search on this stuff as it relates to blood pressure. Cool stuff.

Wonder what the feedback is. Got poor reviews in Amazon. Lol
Of the users I have read about on the forums the responders vs. non-responders seem to be about 50/50. I have not yet tried it myself.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well other than what is all over this thread, could add to the list Potassium Nitrate.

Truth, Potassium Nitrate will indeed directly lower blood pressure.

Mike

Banned
Awards
Celery Seed Extract is a wise choice just by understanding its mechanism of action. If my memory serves me correct, most often for weight lifters using supplements, hypertension is causes by excess fluid volume/water retention from various supplements/hormonals although not all of the time. Celery Seed Extract acts as a mild diuretic in addition to mimicking a calcium channel blocker, which are pharmacologically used to manager increased pressures.

There is also a milk peptide, C12 or something like that I can not recall off the top of my head that is far superior to most all of everything on the market as far as OTC goes; only major drawback is that its expensive but it is suppose to mimic an ACE Inhibitor to reduce pressures preventing arterial constriction.

CSE lowered my pressure down. also my potassium by a little.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Definitely KNO3 will do that, its insane for pumps.