BSN Syntha-6?

DeepDarkHills

Awards
Has anybody taken this protein? Good? Bad? Do I need to supplement amino acids with it?

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
tastes delicious, but higher calories (400 cals. in 2 scoops)...

i'm a huge BCAA advocate, so, yes, you should still supplement with BCAA (the amount you get from protein powder can't compare to bulk supplementation)... especially if you're cutting.

then again, if you're cutting, you pro'lly wouldn't be asking about syntha-6. :D

BAMABEAR

BAMABEAR

Awards
Out of the 20 different protein's i have tried it does taste the best. However it is more of a first thing in the morning/ before you go to bed protein. You still need a whey iso for right after lifting.(thats my opinion anyway)

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I just finished up the chocolate peanut butter after a friend said how good it tastes. He was right, it was delicious.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Out of the 20 different protein's i have tried it does taste the best. However it is more of a first thing in the morning/ before you go to bed protein. You still need a whey iso for right after lifting.(thats my opinion anyway)
Agree with this for the most part. Although, I am a big fan of MyoFusion for flavor, and UltraPeptide as well. As Smitty said though, I'd use Syntha-6 almost as an MRP than as a post workout beverage.

AA's are also different taken in free form than when broken down from proteins. Proteins can be broken into chains to perform other tasks, where as the individual AA's can serve their own purposes. Use both AA's and protein drinks in your supplement arsenal.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tastes damn good if you want to pay for it.

Kaodite

Awards
I don't mind it. It definitely has the best flavor of any protein in my opinion. Especially the strawberry milkshake flavor. I would agree that it's more of a before bed/after wake up type of protein.

Edit: It IS also horrendously expensive for what you get.

fitcopforlife

fitcopforlife

Awards
  • Established
tastes delicious, but higher calories (400 cals. in 2 scoops)...

i'm a huge BCAA advocate, so, yes, you should still supplement with BCAA (the amount you get from protein powder can't compare to bulk supplementation)... especially if you're cutting.

then again, if you're cutting, you pro'lly wouldn't be asking about syntha-6. :D
This^^

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I just got 4 cases of the RTD's from a 3 letter site. 2 bucks per. Bought them because the Consumer Labs' test from a month or so ago showed pretty low metals content in the RTD. It was one of the lowest of the ones they tested.

I don't want no more mercury than I get already.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Taste very good but way too expensive. Try Combat by Muscle Pharm. I've tried all four flavors and they all taste AMAZING! There also coming out with a cookies and cream really soon. You could also go the cheaper/better route by mixing whey, cottage cheese, and PB. That's what I take now before bed and I get a lot more protein from it and its pretty felling. You can also through it into the blender to make it a shake :D

BSN IS OVERPRICED!!!!!

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Taste is good, I still thinks axis labs muscle delight is the best tasting protein I have ever had just is kinda overpriced for the amount of servings you get

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Pros to Syntha 6

Taste is amazing, mixes very nicely

Cons to Syntha 6

Cost, Carbs (if cutting), Calories (if cutting)

Plus, only ~53% of the serving is protein. Factor that into your scenario

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
Pros to Syntha 6

Taste is amazing, mixes very nicely

Cons to Syntha 6

Cost, Carbs (if cutting), Calories (if cutting)

Plus, only ~53% of the serving is protein. Factor that into your scenario
I think the reason it tastes so good is because "only" 53% is protein. That allows them to fill the tub with flavoring and whatever else they need.

Since I'm always looking to put on more mass, I don't mind the calories/carbs but I can see how that would be a problem for some.

vlcommo

Awards
I think it has it's place as a meal replacement. I would still use whey isolate after lifting and something else before bed. I can't see a problem using syntha 6 on a cut if you stay on track with your calorie ratio of protein/carbs/fats. I find it takes sugar cravings away so I'm not tempted to eat crap.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
way too expensive, wayy to many carbs/cals. I would never buy it

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes it's very good tasting .. i have done choc peanut butter and loved it

I'd put it in my top5

:)

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
tastes great but for the cost and the calories / fat its more of a treat snack or meal than anything else

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Note to self: set reminder on calendar for the 19th to come back in to wish this thread a happy 1st b-day. :)

So, Syntha-6 > Myofusion ? or no? In comparing (and from memory), seemed like Myo was a bit more cost effective than Syntha...

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Note to self: set reminder on calendar for the 19th to come back in to wish this thread a happy 1st b-day. :)So, Syntha-6 > Myofusion ? or no? In comparing (and from memory), seemed like Myo was a bit more cost effective than Syntha...
Didn't the old myo had some contamination issue?But yea I think myo is decently pricedI like 35$ for 5lb anythin above that is umm not worth it lol

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't the old myo had some contamination issue?But yea I think myo is decently pricedI like 35$ for 5lb anythin above that is umm not worth it lol
not sure about the contamination, anything's possible...my brand selection of protein has been rather limited over the years...

coldseed

coldseed

Awards
Not to hijack this thread, but I wanted to ask about taking Syntha-6 before bed. I have always tried to take a casein shake with very low carbs, but I need to start watching my funds (going to be a Dad) and since I take Syntha-6 during the day - I figured I could just keep buying this and also take it before bed. It has 15g of carbs per 1 scoop with the chocolate/peanut butter flavor that I use. Bad?

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it tastes good, and because I don't depend on protein at all, I use it as a meal replacement only AS NEEDED, it does it's job. Good balance of all the things you need to break the fast when your busy.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nope. Why not try making a shake of your own or eating something else though, if funds are tight? there are tons of alternatives to shakes if you want. otherwise I dont see an issue taking them, is you mix it with milk, the proteins in the milk are supposed to take around 8 hours to fully digest, so that should get you through your night either way.

bigcat292

Awards
in my opinion optimum pro complex is the only way to go i love that stuff doesnt taste as good as syntha 6 but its my favorite

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Very ****ty quality protein. Taste is never important, quality of what type of protein is important. Stick to ON. Its just advice mann, that's all it is

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i drank whey isolate for years, i've switched to proteins with a blend of proteins from multiple sources, and feel like im having better results.

i like syntha six, but it is over priced. havn't tried myofusion yet, it's decently priced.

Im using musle milk now, which I really like. ( i know what y'all are gonna say, but i like the ingredient profile, it's not for everyone though)

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Only RTD have the arsenic from what I read

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Jbr is getting bunk protein