Gatorade+BCAA's - AnabolicMinds.com

Gatorade+BCAA's

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Gatorade+BCAA's

Can I mix this 2 together and would this be a good mix? yes, I know that Gatorade came out with some protien in it. Just wanna do my own mix with the powder Gatorade and bulk BCAA's if it works good?

Thanks for any input

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by onlyone View Post
    Can I mix this 2 together and would this be a good mix? yes, I know that Gatorade came out with some protien in it. Just wanna do my own mix with the powder Gatorade and bulk BCAA's if it works good?

Thanks for any input
    Should be fine.

~Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Thanks!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

I tried it, Gatorade did not mask the bitter taste of BCAAs. But you can take them together.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

I do this usually for my intra/post workout mix. Sometimes I would add Glutamine to the mix. I like the Gatorade bottles because their opening is wide enough to put a scoop without spilling powder all over the place.
  6. Handsome and intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    I tried it, Gatorade did not mask the bitter taste of BCAAs. But you can take them together.
    This may be true. Citrulline malate can be added in a small amount (1g ish) as it neutralizes the taste of BCAAs somewhat in addition to some good potential benefits itself.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

i do this at the moment and love it, but i do have to add extra crystal light....

32oz gatorade,
    10g IBCAA
    1/4-1/2 packet crystal light
    sip during training, but it is followed by some good ol peptopro and gatorade as well, i just get the Maximum absorbed protein because its easiest to get as many supps as i can from one place, and they have most my stuff already
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    This may be true. Citrulline malate can be added in a small amount (1g ish) as it neutralizes the taste of BCAAs somewhat in addition to some good potential benefits itself.
    Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that Tonight. I have Citrulline on hand.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.

Ive been using CM + BCAA's for a while now and it really does make a noticable difference. Cant drink it unflavored but they both taste so bad it cancels out pretty well so i can use like half of what would normally be needed to cover them both up.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

I add a scoop of whey, scoop of casein, 1 serving of essentials by AI. There is no bcaa taste at all.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I use Gatorade and BCAAs all the time. I went through almost a gallons worth of Lemon Lime Gatorade + 30g of BCAAs while playing a round of golf yesterday. I even threw in a serving of our old Lemon Flavored Chaos.

I've played 18+ holes with and without the BCAAs + Gatorade. I definitely don't wear nearly as much when I use the BCAAs + Gatorade.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

I'm 205 lbs in good shape, how much BCAA's should I take, during,after and maybe even before training?
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

I take bcaa with Gatorade cuz you need fast carbs to bind with protein to be absorbed by the muscles. Xtend by scivation has cillurate mallate in it.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

I'm 205 lbs in good shape, how much BCAA's should I take, during,after and maybe even before training?
    It is debatable. Some argue that if you are already taking enough protein during the day, you will have enough amino acids circulating in your blood.

Some also argue that if you take a whey shake 30 mins before workout, you will have good amount of amino acids in your body during workout.

Some believe they notice the difference of supplementing with BCAAs and swear by it.

It is more of trial and error to find what works for you, if you can afford it and prefer to take it just in case, then take it during workout. 5-10g during workout. Some do mega doses as well of up to 20 to 40g. Not sure the benefit of that if you already take whey prior to workout and after workout.
  15. SBT
    Stats
    5'5"  145 lbs.

i've done powdered powerade or gatorade pwo with bcaa's quite often off season
  16. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I try to stay away from gatoraid d/t it using high fructose corn syrup as it's sweetner.

the protein gatoraid doesn't use h.f.c.s. but I thought the taste sucked. way too sweet for me and left a sticky feeling in my mouth.

I'd choose vitamin water instead. or mix your bcaa with grapefruit juice. (I prefer simply grapefruit)
  17. New Member

the powdered gatorade excluded the hfcs. i drink it w/xtend+extra leucine post wo all time.
  18. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by mrlargecalves View Post
    the powdered gatorade excluded the hfcs. i drink it w/xtend+extra leucine post wo all time.
    Agreed, or LucoZade powder would also be a nice alternative. If I mix this with IBCAA and Beta Alanine, I'm sorted for a workout
  19. Handsome and intelligent

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that Tonight. I have Citrulline on hand.
    How was it?

It is debatable. Some argue that if you are already taking enough protein during the day, you will have enough amino acids circulating in your blood.

Some also argue that if you take a whey shake 30 mins before workout, you will have good amount of amino acids in your body during workout.

Some believe they notice the difference of supplementing with BCAAs and swear by it.

It is more of trial and error to find what works for you, if you can afford it and prefer to take it just in case, then take it during workout. 5-10g during workout. Some do mega doses as well of up to 20 to 40g. Not sure the benefit of that if you already take whey prior to workout and after workout.
    Good points. If i eat within 90 mins of training i will not use BCAA. If i eat 2-3hrs before training, or fasted (for weights) i will have 10g BCAA either right before training or while i train. If i am doing fasted AM cardio for stubborn body fat i don't use BCAA.
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

How was it?
    I did BCAA+Citrulline+Lemon Lime Crystal lights. Worked like a charm, I will be using this mix going forward.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How was it?

Good points. If i eat within 90 mins of training i will not use BCAA. If i eat 2-3hrs before training, or fasted (for weights) i will have 10g BCAA either right before training or while i train. If i am doing fasted AM cardio for stubborn body fat i don't use BCAA.
    I can't eat within two to three hours before working out or I'll feel like **** pushing about half way through. I basically do the same thing though.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  22. Handsome and intelligent

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I can't eat within two to three hours before working out or I'll feel like **** pushing about half way through. I basically do the same thing though.
    Even something small?
    The Driven Blog

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

I use gatorade and bcaa's exclusively when cutting. Have been taking in about 40 grams a day,.. but some have gone even higher. Works like a charm for me!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SBT View Post
    i've done powdered powerade or gatorade pwo with bcaa's quite often off season
    mee too I also add in 3g creatine.

great PWO mix:
    1 scoop gatorade
    15g-20g IBCAA's (pp's)
    3g Creapure or Creatine MH 1000
    1g Beta-a

is pritty decent
    I also like to add in 1-2 scoops of MAP now .
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.

Id stay away from high fructose corn syrup at all cost unless your a hard gainer and looking to bulk. I use Ibcaa's from Primordial Performance and add various flavors from crystal light. Crystal light even has electrolyte powders. If your looking for a good carb to add bcaa's with, try Pomegranite juice. Antioxidants are underrated.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

I drink a bottle of gatorade with bcaa's after every single cardio session,. works for me!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I buy bulk iBCAA from Primoridal. I can literally drink it with just water and tolerate it. Not bad at all. I would reccomend looking into that as it doesnt taste too bitter.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I must be the only person who doesn't think bulk bcaa's is that bad lol. Regardless, I mix mine with sugarless koolaid and splenda, works like a charm.

Mike
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I do this all the time w the powder Gatorade. It's awesome
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Might be JUST from the gatorade?

J/K

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    I use Gatorade and BCAAs all the time. I went through almost a gallons worth of Lemon Lime Gatorade + 30g of BCAAs while playing a round of golf yesterday. I even threw in a serving of our old Lemon Flavored Chaos.

I've played 18+ holes with and without the BCAAs + Gatorade. I definitely don't wear nearly as much when I use the BCAAs + Gatorade.
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Agreed!

When cutting calories, I always add BCAAs

When in maintence and especially when bulking, is a waste of cash (other than my pre/peri/postW/O concoction consume year round).

A suffficient amount of protein will suffice just fine.

If anyone tells you any differently, there's always some unscrupulous sales pitch connected somewhere to get you to buy more BCAAs

32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Agreed!

When cutting calories, I always add BCAAs

When in maintence and especially when bulking, is a waste of cash (other than my pre/peri/postW/O concoction consume year round).

A suffficient amount of protein will suffice just fine.

If anyone tells you any differently, there's always some unscrupulous sales pitch connected somewhere to get you to buy more BCAAs
    Not so sure I agree with this statement as I believe BCAA's should be used no matter what your goals are.The extra leucine can promote great synthesis...which is great no matter what your trying to accomplish. If they were ridiculously expensive I would agree with you but the fact that they are probably one of the cheapest supplements around makes it a great addition to any supplement regimen year around.
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

I hear ya

I do agree with the Leucine comment.

I DID say that I use it pre/peri/post W/O no matter what but if you consume enough protein, especially quality protein powers which most of us do when on maintenance and especially during a bulk, I would assume u get plenty of BCAA's in.

Extra "clean" calories alone thwart catabolism and make you "anabolic" by virtue of the added protein or insulin increases from the added carbs - the appeals of Leucine.

I will add that Leucine alone (aside from the other BCAAs) as an adjuct is very valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Not so sure I agree with this statement as I believe BCAA's should be used no matter what your goals are.The extra leucine can promote great synthesis...which is great no matter what your trying to accomplish. If they were ridiculously expensive I would agree with you but the fact that they are probably one of the cheapest supplements around makes it a great addition to any supplement regimen year around.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I hear ya

I do agree with the Leucine comment.

I DID say that I use it pre/peri/post W/O no matter what but if you consume enough protein, especially quality protein powers which most of us do when on maintenance and especially during a bulk, I would assume u get plenty of BCAA's in.

Extra "clean" calories alone thwart catabolism and make you "anabolic" by virtue of the added protein or insulin increases from the added carbs - the appeals of Leucine.

I will add that Leucine alone (aside from the other BCAAs) as an adjuct is very valuable.
    Just out of curiosity what protein do you use? I tend to buy whatevers on sale but Id like to see what people consider high quality.
  35. New Member

Search BodyGuard or BodyGuard Sugar Free by Nimbus.

BodyGuard (per serving)
    - 6.4g Poseidon Complex
    - 7g BCAAs
    - 1.6g Beta-Alanine
    - 11,667% DV Methylcobalamin (B12)
    - 11g Simple & Sustained Carbs (Sugar Free Exlcudes This)
    E-Pharm / Prototype Nutrition Representative
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

Trutein

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Just out of curiosity what protein do you use? I tend to buy whatevers on sale but Id like to see what people consider high quality.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Where do they source? What makes it high quality?
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.

NutraPlanet

beats me - but I have no issues with digestion which is a welcomed thing for me. P-shakes give me gas/bloat,etc
  39. New Member

I've had some samples of AI's recovery pro BCAA and they are damn good. Especially the lemon. I dont fancy Raspberry too much however.
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

I use Gatorade powder not the rtds

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 11:07 AM
  2. Gatorade+Whey?
    By onlyone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-04-2011, 08:32 PM
  3. MLB and the Gatorade Gestapo