Gatorade+BCAA's

onlyone

Awards
Can I mix this 2 together and would this be a good mix? yes, I know that Gatorade came out with some protien in it. Just wanna do my own mix with the powder Gatorade and bulk BCAA's if it works good?

Thanks for any input

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can I mix this 2 together and would this be a good mix? yes, I know that Gatorade came out with some protien in it. Just wanna do my own mix with the powder Gatorade and bulk BCAA's if it works good?

Thanks for any input
Should be fine.

~Team APPNUT

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I tried it, Gatorade did not mask the bitter taste of BCAAs. But you can take them together.

MrDeadlift

Awards
I do this usually for my intra/post workout mix. Sometimes I would add Glutamine to the mix. I like the Gatorade bottles because their opening is wide enough to put a scoop without spilling powder all over the place.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I tried it, Gatorade did not mask the bitter taste of BCAAs. But you can take them together.
This may be true. Citrulline malate can be added in a small amount (1g ish) as it neutralizes the taste of BCAAs somewhat in addition to some good potential benefits itself.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i do this at the moment and love it, but i do have to add extra crystal light....

32oz gatorade,
10g IBCAA
1/4-1/2 packet crystal light
sip during training, but it is followed by some good ol peptopro and gatorade as well, i just get the Maximum absorbed protein because its easiest to get as many supps as i can from one place, and they have most my stuff already

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
This may be true. Citrulline malate can be added in a small amount (1g ish) as it neutralizes the taste of BCAAs somewhat in addition to some good potential benefits itself.
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that Tonight. I have Citrulline on hand.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Ive been using CM + BCAA's for a while now and it really does make a noticable difference. Cant drink it unflavored but they both taste so bad it cancels out pretty well so i can use like half of what would normally be needed to cover them both up.

pezdog1

Awards
I add a scoop of whey, scoop of casein, 1 serving of essentials by AI. There is no bcaa taste at all.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use Gatorade and BCAAs all the time. I went through almost a gallons worth of Lemon Lime Gatorade + 30g of BCAAs while playing a round of golf yesterday. I even threw in a serving of our old Lemon Flavored Chaos.

I've played 18+ holes with and without the BCAAs + Gatorade. I definitely don't wear nearly as much when I use the BCAAs + Gatorade.

onlyone

Awards
I'm 205 lbs in good shape, how much BCAA's should I take, during,after and maybe even before training?

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I take bcaa with Gatorade cuz you need fast carbs to bind with protein to be absorbed by the muscles. Xtend by scivation has cillurate mallate in it.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I'm 205 lbs in good shape, how much BCAA's should I take, during,after and maybe even before training?
It is debatable. Some argue that if you are already taking enough protein during the day, you will have enough amino acids circulating in your blood.

Some also argue that if you take a whey shake 30 mins before workout, you will have good amount of amino acids in your body during workout.

Some believe they notice the difference of supplementing with BCAAs and swear by it.

It is more of trial and error to find what works for you, if you can afford it and prefer to take it just in case, then take it during workout. 5-10g during workout. Some do mega doses as well of up to 20 to 40g. Not sure the benefit of that if you already take whey prior to workout and after workout.

SBT

SBT

Awards
i've done powdered powerade or gatorade pwo with bcaa's quite often off season

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try to stay away from gatoraid d/t it using high fructose corn syrup as it's sweetner.

the protein gatoraid doesn't use h.f.c.s. but I thought the taste sucked. way too sweet for me and left a sticky feeling in my mouth.

I'd choose vitamin water instead. or mix your bcaa with grapefruit juice. (I prefer simply grapefruit)

mrlargecalves

Awards
  • Established
the powdered gatorade excluded the hfcs. i drink it w/xtend+extra leucine post wo all time.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that Tonight. I have Citrulline on hand.
How was it?

It is debatable. Some argue that if you are already taking enough protein during the day, you will have enough amino acids circulating in your blood.

Some also argue that if you take a whey shake 30 mins before workout, you will have good amount of amino acids in your body during workout.

Some believe they notice the difference of supplementing with BCAAs and swear by it.

It is more of trial and error to find what works for you, if you can afford it and prefer to take it just in case, then take it during workout. 5-10g during workout. Some do mega doses as well of up to 20 to 40g. Not sure the benefit of that if you already take whey prior to workout and after workout.
Good points. If i eat within 90 mins of training i will not use BCAA. If i eat 2-3hrs before training, or fasted (for weights) i will have 10g BCAA either right before training or while i train. If i am doing fasted AM cardio for stubborn body fat i don't use BCAA.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How was it?

Good points. If i eat within 90 mins of training i will not use BCAA. If i eat 2-3hrs before training, or fasted (for weights) i will have 10g BCAA either right before training or while i train. If i am doing fasted AM cardio for stubborn body fat i don't use BCAA.
I can't eat within two to three hours before working out or I'll feel like **** pushing about half way through. I basically do the same thing though.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I use gatorade and bcaa's exclusively when cutting. Have been taking in about 40 grams a day,.. but some have gone even higher. Works like a charm for me!!

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
i've done powdered powerade or gatorade pwo with bcaa's quite often off season
mee too I also add in 3g creatine.

great PWO mix:
1 scoop gatorade
15g-20g IBCAA's (pp's)
3g Creapure or Creatine MH 1000
1g Beta-a

is pritty decent
I also like to add in 1-2 scoops of MAP now .

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id stay away from high fructose corn syrup at all cost unless your a hard gainer and looking to bulk. I use Ibcaa's from Primordial Performance and add various flavors from crystal light. Crystal light even has electrolyte powders. If your looking for a good carb to add bcaa's with, try Pomegranite juice. Antioxidants are underrated.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I drink a bottle of gatorade with bcaa's after every single cardio session,. works for me!!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I buy bulk iBCAA from Primoridal. I can literally drink it with just water and tolerate it. Not bad at all. I would reccomend looking into that as it doesnt taste too bitter.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must be the only person who doesn't think bulk bcaa's is that bad lol. Regardless, I mix mine with sugarless koolaid and splenda, works like a charm.

Mike

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I do this all the time w the powder Gatorade. It's awesome

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Might be JUST from the gatorade?

J/K ;)

I use Gatorade and BCAAs all the time. I went through almost a gallons worth of Lemon Lime Gatorade + 30g of BCAAs while playing a round of golf yesterday. I even threw in a serving of our old Lemon Flavored Chaos.

I've played 18+ holes with and without the BCAAs + Gatorade. I definitely don't wear nearly as much when I use the BCAAs + Gatorade.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed!

When cutting calories, I always add BCAAs

When in maintence and especially when bulking, is a waste of cash (other than my pre/peri/postW/O concoction consume year round).

A suffficient amount of protein will suffice just fine.

If anyone tells you any differently, there's always some unscrupulous sales pitch connected somewhere to get you to buy more BCAAs :frustrate

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed!

When cutting calories, I always add BCAAs

When in maintence and especially when bulking, is a waste of cash (other than my pre/peri/postW/O concoction consume year round).

A suffficient amount of protein will suffice just fine.

If anyone tells you any differently, there's always some unscrupulous sales pitch connected somewhere to get you to buy more BCAAs :frustrate
Not so sure I agree with this statement as I believe BCAA's should be used no matter what your goals are.The extra leucine can promote great synthesis...which is great no matter what your trying to accomplish. If they were ridiculously expensive I would agree with you but the fact that they are probably one of the cheapest supplements around makes it a great addition to any supplement regimen year around.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya ;)

I do agree with the Leucine comment.

I DID say that I use it pre/peri/post W/O no matter what but if you consume enough protein, especially quality protein powers which most of us do when on maintenance and especially during a bulk, I would assume u get plenty of BCAA's in.

Extra "clean" calories alone thwart catabolism and make you "anabolic" by virtue of the added protein or insulin increases from the added carbs - the appeals of Leucine.

I will add that Leucine alone (aside from the other BCAAs) as an adjuct is very valuable.

Not so sure I agree with this statement as I believe BCAA's should be used no matter what your goals are.The extra leucine can promote great synthesis...which is great no matter what your trying to accomplish. If they were ridiculously expensive I would agree with you but the fact that they are probably one of the cheapest supplements around makes it a great addition to any supplement regimen year around.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear ya ;)

I do agree with the Leucine comment.

I DID say that I use it pre/peri/post W/O no matter what but if you consume enough protein, especially quality protein powers which most of us do when on maintenance and especially during a bulk, I would assume u get plenty of BCAA's in.

Extra "clean" calories alone thwart catabolism and make you "anabolic" by virtue of the added protein or insulin increases from the added carbs - the appeals of Leucine.

I will add that Leucine alone (aside from the other BCAAs) as an adjuct is very valuable.
Just out of curiosity what protein do you use? I tend to buy whatevers on sale but Id like to see what people consider high quality.

Feel The Burn

Awards
Search BodyGuard or BodyGuard Sugar Free by Nimbus.

BodyGuard (per serving)
- 6.4g Poseidon Complex
- 7g BCAAs
- 1.6g Beta-Alanine
- 11,667% DV Methylcobalamin (B12)
- 11g Simple & Sustained Carbs (Sugar Free Exlcudes This)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trutein

:)

Just out of curiosity what protein do you use? I tend to buy whatevers on sale but Id like to see what people consider high quality.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where do they source? What makes it high quality?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
NutraPlanet ;)

beats me - but I have no issues with digestion which is a welcomed thing for me. P-shakes give me gas/bloat,etc

WerdUp

Awards
I've had some samples of AI's recovery pro BCAA and they are damn good. Especially the lemon. I dont fancy Raspberry too much however.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I use Gatorade powder not the rtds