To the makers of Glycobol (AI) question hereee

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So Im almost done with my first bottle of glycobol- likin it body stays pumped all day and my midsection stays then despite 320 g's of carbs a day BUT

I have read that glycobol is NOT selective to which it shuttles nutrients to both fat and muscles is this true?

Also what is its response with insulin? Does it increase insulin output?

Insulin is good- at the right times (ie post workout pre workout to get nutrients shuttled but otherwise it can add fat right?)

So this is my question

I love your product either way and it will more than likely be a staple in my supp regiment

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
So Im almost done with my first bottle of glycobol- likin it body stays pumped all day and my midsection stays then despite 320 g's of carbs a day BUT

I have read that glycobol is NOT selective to which it shuttles nutrients to both fat and muscles is this true?

Insulin is good- at the right times (ie post workout pre workout to get nutrients shuttled but otherwise it can add fat right?)

So this is my question

I love your product either way and it will more than likely be a staple in my supp regiment
have a read through the following thread -i think it will give you the answer your looking for

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/135213-best-insulin-mimicker-7.html

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

So this is my question

Let me try to get the person who formulated the product to give you a answer.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established

So this is my question

Like to know this too:ponder:

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

So this is my question

Glycobol increases insulin sensitivity/decreases insulin resistance, making your body work more efficiently with the insulin it is already producing, and using as a glucose disposal agent.

Your body has a hierarchy of what gets the glucose first. As you can imagine the organs that have the higher necessity for glucose/energy will get it first, then your muscles, then whatever is left can spill over into fat. Clearly, taking in excess carbs will cause fat gain anyway.

If you are eating 320 grams of carbs per day and staying lean I think you can make the assumption that Glycobol is doing its job and you have found a sweet spot for yourself.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Glycobol increases insulin sensitivity/decreases insulin resistance, making your body work more efficiently with the insulin it is already producing, and using as a glucose disposal agent.

Your body has a hierarchy of what gets the glucose first. As you can imagine the organs that have the higher necessity for glucose/energy will get it first, then your muscles, then whatever is left can spill over into fat. Clearly, taking in excess carbs will cause fat gain anyway.

If you are eating 320 grams of carbs per day and staying lean I think you can make the assumption that Glycobol is doing its job and you have found a sweet spot for yourself.
can you break down the ingredients to identify if one is more susceptible to be non selective about where it pushes the glucose.Ive a gut feeling its the r-ala but i might be wrong

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established

This.

Insulin is highly anabolic, but also highly lipogenic. The desired effect is to make your body so sensitive to insulin that the smallest rise in it will have the anabolic effect, but not the chronic effect that leads to fat accumulation. As Nate said above, if you eat too much you'll get fat, Glycobol cannot help with that. But 4OH is proven to help promote insulin sensitivity, and berberine promotes glucose uptake via the AMPk pathway which is part of a fat-burning cascade itself.

I am personally not convinced by cinnamon or BMOV but the 4OH and berberine more than make up for this IMO.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Glycobol does not have R-ALA.
2 Servings Provide:

Na-R-ALA 250mg
Glycobol Complex TM 750mg
Trigonella Seed Isolate (standardized to 10% 4-hydroxyisoleucine),
Phellodendron extract (standardized to 90% berberine),
Cinnamon Bark 20:1 extract (standardized for 16% flavonoids),
BMOV (Bis-Malto-Oxovanadium)

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
2 Servings Provide:

Na-R-ALA 250mg
Glycobol Complex TM 750mg
Trigonella Seed Isolate (standardized to 10% 4-hydroxyisoleucine),
Phellodendron extract (standardized to 90% berberine),
Cinnamon Bark 20:1 extract (standardized for 16% flavonoids),
BMOV (Bis-Malto-Oxovanadium)
Dude, my bad. I quickly checked the profile page on NP and didn't see the sodium RALA.

The R-ALA actually helps be somewhat selective, but this is where the overconsumption aspect also comes into play. When you eat carbs they are taken up by the cell, and to make sure that all cells get their fill, once they're done they release hydrogen peroxide to temporarily induce insulin resistance so no more is taken up. This creates the heirarchy that Nate spoke of in an earlier post. Once all the organs/muscle cells are happy they shut off anymore glucose intake and whatever is left is usually mopped up by fat cells. Because fat cell trafficking is constantly occuring (some fat goes in, some fat gets taken out in a continuous cycle depending on certain conditions - more about this can be read here if you're interested), whether you're vastly overeating or undereating will ultimately determine whether you gain fat. If you keep your intake moderately above maintenance you can use something like Glycobol to help partition more nutrients into muscle cells so less make it to fat cells. In conjunction with the 4OH and berberine you are already assisting this cause.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks for the info- yeah im only eating about 300-400 over maint- i ran out of glycobol today:( i placed an order for recompadrol to give it a shot- but i know this- glycobol has a special place in my heart- will be using it again

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the info- yeah im only eating about 300-400 over maint- i ran out of glycobol today:( i placed an order for recompadrol to give it a shot- but i know this- glycobol has a special place in my heart- will be using it again
They are both GREAT products... you might also want to look at Slin Sane. I have been using all three at times, but of course budget is a concern.