L-citrulline vs. L-arginine?!!?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are the benefits/disadvantages of each?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
citrulline provides actual performance benefits, imo arginine does not, outside pumps. citrulline improves endurance, recovery, pumps, etc. Arginine does not.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Combine the 2 with creatine and beta alanine.. Some 1 3 dymeth and caffeine and you got a killer pre :D

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which one promotes NO production better?

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm with posion 1,3 dimeth blow imo

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure someone can expand more, but according to most of the latest articles I've seen: Neither, although both have benefits, with Citrulline providing the most benefits for performance.

IMO, I notice the most vacularity/pump from PWO's that contain carbs and BCAA's, and some with L-Norvaline and/or Agmatine. But Carbs/BCAA's seem to be the common theme from my own experience.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I'm sure someone can expand more, but according to most of the latest articles I've seen: Neither, although both have benefits, with Citrulline providing the most benefits for performance.
This is true for arginine. Research is hit and miss. A recent paper has said it helps endurance, another improves workload, but then there are the studies saying that it is of no assistance for performance.

Michael Paul

Awards
1,3 dimethyl is a vaso constrictor... maybe not great for pre-workout

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CM imo is far superior to arginine in every way. I would go that route.

Mike