Need a good joint support supplement

jlip

Awards
I've been taking EndoAmp because I used to have some crazy cortisol levels. However, taking it has left me with some knee weakness and pain. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for good joint supps, preferably on the cheaper side. But all input is welcome!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm a huge fan of osteosport...has done great things for tendonitis!

greekstallion

Awards
orange triad+super cissus=BFS(big f...ing success)

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Super Cissus worked wonders for my shoulder pain (rotator cuff) during chest/shoulder workouts.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im a fan of USPlabs, but Ive tried all kinds of cissus, including super, bulk and other brands and it never ever really worked for me the way I thought it should. It kind of irks me too because Im usually a great responder to things, and I hear so many people say it works great for them and recommend it over and over I feel like I missed out.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/controlled-labs/orange-triad-270-tabs.html

Orange Triad on the other hand works great, once you get past the 6 tabs per day, lol, I couldnt be more happy with that, but I can only justify buying that when its onsale(which it is right now). Another thing that worked for me was Schiff MoveFree, they make a wide assortment of versions, and NutraPlanet doesnt carry it, but this is pretty much the one I used:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L7WDEC/"]Amazon.com: Move Free Advanced Triple Strength Twin Pack 160 tabs: Beauty[/ame]

If anybodys interested in the trying the schiff, Ive got a sealed brand new 140 count bottle I'll sell shipped inside the US for 20 bucks and I'll toss in an extra bottle with 24 left in it. Just putting it out there if anybody wants a deal.

This is the ingredient profile, if you go to NutraPlanet jont support section they have a bunch of stuff containing some, most or all the ingredients.

http://www.nutraplanet.com/category/joint-support/

Glucosamine Hydrochloride - 1.5g - %
Joint Fluid (hyaluronic acid): 3.3mg - %
Chondroitin Sulfate: 200mg - %
Uniflex Proprietary Extract: 250mg - %

I hope this gives you some ideas where to start looking, joint pain is a serious issue.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Animal Flex FTW.

//CC

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think anything works as well as Super Cissus, that is for most people. Make sure your taking plenty of fish oil as well. Glucosmanine sulphate will work at very high dosagees...

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreeing with this for sure. I've got garbage knees from years of catching and other sports injuries and this combination has been very helpful.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Super Cissus(USP Labs) and Glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, msm and hyaluronic acid from jamison, also Omega 3'6'9.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking EndoAmp because I used to have some crazy cortisol levels. However, taking it has left me with some knee weakness and pain. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for good joint supps, preferably on the cheaper side. But all input is welcome!
thats not responsible for your joint pain. trust me

anyway, i have a new joint spray coming out on epharm. its an amazing formula with ingredients you have never seen before. several professional athletes have used this formula

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established

anyway, i have a new joint spray coming out on epharm. its an amazing formula with ingredients you have never seen before. several professional athletes have used this formula
Waiting on this.. Looking forward to try it out

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Waiting on this.. Looking forward to try it out
Its topical, so of course u can use it in conjunction with any of the aforementioned oral joint supps

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Its topical, so of course u can use it in conjunction with any of the aforementioned oral joint supps
Interesting, I'll have to pay attention now, getting older, gotta make every effort to keep the joints safe as possible.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Something topical to be used in conjunction with super cissus would be most welcome... my interest is piqued. I am hearing good things about blue emu oil as well for pain relief...

rchaves

rchaves

Awards
This simple stack does the trick for me:

1 g glucosamine 2/day
1 g fish oil 3/day

Make sure the fish oil is relatively concentrated, e.g. min 180 mg EPA and 120 mg DHA, and mostly free of heavy metals like mercury.

Should also work really well stacked with cissus, but I haven't tried that yet.

Cheers.

Last edited:
SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Osteo-Sport is the best joint supplement formula on the market...period. I'm biased, but so what. Its for a good reason. I've tried most of the big name ones.

However, some other combos I have used and liked were Primaforce Cissus and Orange Triad, or Animal Flex and Bulk Cissus Powder.

For the record...Super Cissus RX is a good product too.

However, when considering price and overall effectiveness...I think Osteo-Sport reigns supreme because it has everything you need in a joint support formula and then some...you do not have to buy anything extra to stack with it.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established

MMM...its a new PA product...this sounds intriguing. I'll be lurking around to see some more information on this...

Cheers PA!:cheers:

-Sean-

Team APPNUT

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Im happy for you guys who keep saying cissus, I got nothing from it at all, I must be the only non responder on am.com, but Im not bitter. LOL.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im happy for you guys who keep saying cissus, I got nothing from it at all, I must be the only non responder on am.com, but Im not bitter. LOL.
Here's how it worked from me.. immediate relief at an elevated dose. Then it kind of seemed like it stopped working briefly as I became accustomed to the anti-inflamatory properties. Then about a week or so later I started noticing improvements and am now down to 5 ed.. It's never going to be perfectly healed as I go and and agitate it in the gym all the time but as least it's managable.

Not even double dosed glucosamine and msm did a thing while I was waiting for my cissus.

Bulk cissus does nothing for me either.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
dont feel bad..it doesnt work all that well for me either..the high extract stuff gives great pumps but my joints dont notice a difference.

HurtinPounds

Awards
Why were you getting sore joints from endo amp? Lowered cortisol?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Why were you getting sore joints from endo amp? Lowered cortisol?
a PS product cannot lower cortisol to the point where joint inflammation is gonna happen. in fact PS doesnt lower cortisol at all per se, it simply helps to suppress stress induced elevations of cortisol

HurtinPounds

Awards
a PS product cannot lower cortisol to the point where joint inflammation is gonna happen. in fact PS doesnt lower cortisol at all per se, it simply helps to suppress stress induced elevations of cortisol
Really. I may jump on PS then. I've always opted for the natural routes (i.e. Vitamin C, training for 45 minutes, taking a break, week off, etc), than something like Lean Xtreme due to not wanting to lower cortisol directly, but control it instead.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Really. I may jump on PS then. I've always opted for the natural routes (i.e. Vitamin C, training for 45 minutes, taking a break, week off, etc), than something like Lean Xtreme due to not wanting to lower cortisol directly, but control it instead.
i dont know exactly what is in lean extreme but i think its main ingredient is beta-androstenetriol or a variant thereof. I have done a lot of research on this stuff. It is very misrepresented. It does NOT antagonize cortisol's anti-inflammatory action in the body. Rather it complements it. Beta-AET is an excellent anti-inflammatory because it suppressess pro-inflammatory prostanoids without suppressing the anti-inflammatory and regenerative prostanoids (in fact it boosts these). Corstiol suppresses both equally

Beta-AET and variants such as 7-OH epiandrosterone are excellent cortisol control agents since they only block the bad actions of cortisol. beta-AET is one of the main ingredients in my joint spray

jlip

Awards
I went from having very high cortisol to low cortisol. When I went off EndoAmp for two weeks, the joint pain stopped. It wasn't inflammation. It was soreness. I'm just reporting what I noticed.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I went from having very high cortisol to low cortisol. When I went off EndoAmp for two weeks, the joint pain stopped. It wasn't inflammation. It was soreness. I'm just reporting what I noticed.
soreness is a consequence of inflammation btw

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established

sounds good..but Im curious if its going to have a strong menthol odor..(Ill still check it out but just when Im staying indoors)

SBT

SBT

Awards
I used the forged joint repair from ntbm and it seems to do the trick for me!

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
I don't think anything works as well as Super Cissus, that is for most people. Make sure your taking plenty of fish oil as well. Glucosmanine sulphate will work at very high dosagees...
Agreed. As suggested I may try Orange Triad with SC as well..#$)#ing Knees :(

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried many different joint support supps. None have ever really jumped out at me but they do help. I like Labrada's ElastiJoint (get the grape flavor, their fruit punch isn't so good). If you want something that has your basics in it such as glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate (not the HCl crap), then check out SciFit Joint Enhance with MSM. Good basic formula at good doses and really cheap.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
high dose resveratrol is something that really should be tried as well