iodine

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Apparently most Americans are deficient, and not getting enough can mess with weightloss and metabolism. Anyone tried a natural iodine supplement?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
things like kep contain iodine, as well as bladderwack.

Guggulsterones help with the bodies ability to uptake iodine.

I would say the majority of us MAY be deficient however you wont know until your tested for it, or if you calculate your nutrients ect in something like NUTRICALC (which is a great program just have to pay maybe 10 dollars for the code, and you have it forever). but remember they make things with iodine in them things like sea salt has iodine in it, as well as it being added to table salt.

Ontop of this i would say A LOT of people are more defiecent in POTASSIUM then iodine due to people eating more seafood and taking supplements.

Potassium is extremely important. and if your worried about Iodine you should be worried about Potassium as well.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk9m1yc3g_A"]YouTube- ‪Mineralyze-SpeciesNutrition‬‎[/nomedia]

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apparently most Americans are deficient, and not getting enough can mess with weightloss and metabolism. Anyone tried a natural iodine supplement?
use Sea Salt @140mg daily.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the body converts salt to iodine and this satisfy your thyroids

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
My real concern was the fact that A) Who knows wether the synthetic iodine in table salt in actually improves health, and B) Sopposedly we consume plenty of chemicals that compete with iodine.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
things like kep contain iodine, as well as bladderwack.

Guggulsterones help with the bodies ability to uptake iodine.

I would say the majority of us MAY be deficient however you wont know until your tested for it, or if you calculate your nutrients ect in something like NUTRICALC (which is a great program just have to pay maybe 10 dollars for the code, and you have it forever). but remember they make things with iodine in them things like sea salt has iodine in it, as well as it being added to table salt.

Ontop of this i would say A LOT of people are more defiecent in POTASSIUM then iodine due to people eating more seafood and taking supplements.

Potassium is extremely important. and if your worried about Iodine you should be worried about Potassium as well.

YouTube- ‪Mineralyze-SpeciesNutrition‬‎
Agreed with the potassium part; we exercise and loose a lot of electrolytes. I started taking a kidney cleanse product in the AM when I wake up which has 99mg K, and I take 99mg K before bed in addition to my multi-vitamin.

Previous blood work came back with potassium levels of 4.7, when normal is 3-3.5 so I am very happy with that, although my magnesium was on the lower side so I just got some Mag pills.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
shrriimmmppp ;) lol

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Agreed with the potassium part; we exercise and loose a lot of electrolytes. I started taking a kidney cleanse product in the AM when I wake up which has 99mg K, and I take 99mg K before bed in addition to my multi-vitamin.

Previous blood work came back with potassium levels of 4.7, when normal is 3-3.5 so I am very happy with that, although my magnesium was on the lower side so I just got some Mag pills.
yea considering we need a 4:1 potassium sodium ratio, we tend to not even get a 2:1 ratio and if were luck we do. otherwise our diets can contain a lot of sodium .

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My diet def contains a high amount of sodium! even when watching it, its pretty hard at times! All it takes is one bad meal to reach or surpass the RDA amount for just one day.