To the Supp Gurus....

LightWeight15

Awards
So I am a pretty young guy and I just started investigating the supplement market a few months ago. I have been working out at the gym since i was 14(mostly just cardio and low weight endurance training for athletics). I am now at the stage where I want to bulk up a little...bought a few products and I am looking for suggestions as well as putting my two cents in about the supps I try. My goal is to put on lean mass without a gainer if possible, as well as avoiding steroids as much as i can(i have plenty of time to get into those when I am a little older). SO, here is what i have so far

Op Nut gold standard whey
jack3d
animal pak

I dont have much money, so this looks minimal but balanced from the reading i have done. ANY input would be appreciated.

In terms of diet, I am trying to minimize my animal protein intake(haha right?) but as i understand it whey iso is the best "whey" to go. I have just begun to get into the liquid meals part of dieting, and it seems to be helping with a wide variety of things.

As a last thought, I really do not have a structured regiment, so i repeat input would be greatly appreciated.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
eat food your main source of protein

your stack looks good nothing crazy, id just ditch the animal pak cuz I dont beleive in multis. eat right and you dont need it and you'll have more $$

looks good to me tho maybe add in some creatine other than that youre fine

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
lol, don't believe in multis? well to each his own bro lol.

i think since he's a young guy, a multi would benefit him alot.

LightWeight15

Awards
I should be more specific--my goal is to put on 15+ pounds before the end of the year.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read up, research, and get your diet in check before you bring the supps into play. When I was younger I didn't; and my results suffered. Did I still make gains and progress? Sure. But it wasn't anywhere near where it could have been if I understood the nutritional side of things.

Find your calorie range where you know you're either gaining, losing or maintaining so you can make adjustments from that. From your maintenance level of calories, up it slowly (300-500g more each day per week) until you're gaining at a decent pace. I like to look at it the same way as losing weight (aside from initial water weight changes and such): 1.5-2lbs/week (ballpark). It also depends on your natural metabolism and genetics; if you've always been low body fat, you can probably add quicker than someone who tends to store body fat.

Slow and steady wins the race. Get your macros (protein/carbs/fat) set up to meet your needs and then once that is done, adding in supplements is a great way to kickstart things and make more advances.

Just remember, if you want to get bigger, you have to eat enough (not just lift heavier weights or more often or anything like that; although that's a part of it as well).

Best of luck.

LightWeight15

Awards
Ok, its been a few weeks since i posted, but the things i have now are working out well. so far i have managed to increase my intake by about 600-1000 by beefing up my shake, filling out three squares and getting up early enough to eat breakfast(lol). been doing a full body program a friend showed me and added some about 3g creatine mono to the jack3d. the paks have been great, the jack3d has been great, and i have put on about 6 pounds, though i know a lot of that is water at this point.

on an unrelated note, posting on this forum somehow gives me motivation. thoughts? im off to do legs.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
15lbs by end of the year will be extremely difficult. That is 5lbs a month gain, and I assume you want it to be all or mostly muscles.

As far as supps go, drop the animal pack and jack3d and get cheaper multi and creatine. Don't go for big names with big $$, get what you can afford.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
lol, don't believe in multis? well to each his own bro lol.

i think since he's a young guy, a multi would benefit him alot.
I think what he meant was theres not a big need for multis if your diet is balanced enough to get the proper vitamins from it. But there are some vitamins and minerals that are hard to get in a diet especially when your a teenager so multis are a must if your diet doesnt give you significant amount of the vitamins needed.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
There is a lot of great info in this thread. In the end your diet and training will be where your results come from. Don't forget about sleep though! I feel others have said what needs to be said already. Understanding what a good diet is and actually taking time to prep meals and count macros and cals are two different things. And do NOT limit protein from animal sources. If anything limit protein from shakes and get most from food!