raloxifene and liver cancer???

  1. New Member
    speed kills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    raloxifene and liver cancer???


    has anyone came across any info linking raloxifene to liver cancer, or any type of cancer for that matter? I have found some studies online about tamoxifen, but cant find anything about raloxifene.

  2. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8383
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
    has anyone came across any info linking raloxifene to liver cancer, or any type of cancer for that matter? I have found some studies online about tamoxifen, but cant find anything about raloxifene.
    IIRC the potential issue with tamoxifen and liver toxicity is not present with raloxifene. The potential of endometrial cancer is also much lesser with ralox.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  3. New Member
    speed kills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    IIRC the potential issue with tamoxifen and liver toxicity is not present with raloxifene. The potential of endometrial cancer is also much lesser with ralox.
    and are these kinds of problems from years of staying on this medication?
    •   
       

  4. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,378
    Rep Power
    3916500
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    46.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Raloxifene is not a carcinogen like Tamoxifene

    Raloxifene also has better better gyno reducing properties than Tamoxifene

    Tamoxifene will increase testosterone by 60%, but Raloxifene will only increase it by 20%.

    So for PCT...it's not a very good option
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  5. New Member
    speed kills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Raloxifene is not a carcinogen like Tamoxifene

    Raloxifene also has better better gyno reducing properties than Tamoxifene

    Tamoxifene will increase testosterone by 60%, but Raloxifene will only increase it by 20%.

    So for PCT...it's not a very good option
    yea i know about the gyno thing, i have seen studies and also heard many say that its best to be on ralox for a minimum of 6 months to see any size reduction, which is the reason i made this topic because I was wondering if it would be safe to be on ralox for so long.
  6. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,378
    Rep Power
    3916500
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    46.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
    yea i know about the gyno thing, i have seen studies and also heard many say that its best to be on ralox for a minimum of 6 months to see any size reduction, which is the reason i made this topic because I was wondering if it would be safe to be on ralox for so long.
    It would not be safe to run long term. HDL would plummet.

    If you have gyno that can be reduced by a SERM, ralox should be able to get rid of it in a month. If nothing seen in a month, it's not going anywhere.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  7. New Member
    speed kills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    It would not be safe to run long term. HDL would plummet.

    If you have gyno that can be reduced by a SERM, ralox should be able to get rid of it in a month. If nothing seen in a month, it's not going anywhere.
    what is hdl? really i have seen some studies where they have monitored individuals taking raloxifene for 3-9 months without any adverse effects. and results took a few months to happen.
  8. New Member
    PumpDogg's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    452
    Rep Power
    453
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    2.17%

    I used Evista for yrs alongside trt without any adverse effect. U will be fine to run it for a few months unless u have an underlying condition. Get bloodwrk and u will know for sure
  9. New Member
    speed kills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpDogg View Post
    I used Evista for yrs alongside trt without any adverse effect. U will be fine to run it for a few months unless u have an underlying condition. Get bloodwrk and u will know for sure
    pumpdogg, what were u using it for, might i ask.

    by the way, what is HDL?
  10. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8383
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.95%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    High density lipoprotein. It is considered the good cholesterol.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  11. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.45%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
    yea i know about the gyno thing, i have seen studies and also heard many say that its best to be on ralox for a minimum of 6 months to see any size reduction, which is the reason i made this topic because I was wondering if it would be safe to be on ralox for so long.
    I never heard of this interaction.. Many stay on for 6+ months when trying to rid gyno, much better success than nolva, but still not a very high success rate.
  12. New Member
    speed kills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I never heard of this interaction.. Many stay on for 6+ months when trying to rid gyno, much better success than nolva, but still not a very high success rate.
    well i hear a ralox+letro combo is effective.
  13. Advanced Member
    OnTheRoadTo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    438
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    68.14%

    Clomid is the **** for PCT. IMO you should stack taurine and vitamin K2 for concerns about liver cancer:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=tauri...ient=firefox-a

    http://www.google.com/search?q=vitam...ient=firefox-a

    Ralox is strictly anti-gyno in my book.
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
  14. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.45%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Clomid is the **** for PCT. IMO you should stack taurine and vitamin K2 for concerns about liver cancer:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=tauri...ient=firefox-a

    http://www.google.com/search?q=vitam...ient=firefox-a

    Ralox is strictly anti-gyno in my book.
    Agreed with the clomid. What does taurine have to do with for the liver? Just curious, I take it daily, round 10 grams split up for blood pressure and cramps, it works like a charm.
  15. Advanced Member
    OnTheRoadTo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    678
    Rep Power
    438
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    68.14%

    In the liver, taurine stabilizes enzyme levels and acts as an antioxidant, preventing cellular damage.
    Paging Dr. Banner. . .
  16. New Member
    PumpDogg's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    44
    Posts
    452
    Rep Power
    453
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    2.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by speed kills View Post
    pumpdogg, what were u using it for, might i ask.

    by the way, what is HDL?
    Speed I used it to control E2 bro.. When I started trt I ask for Nolva for e2 control since i knew already i was sensitive and prone to gyno.. My doc said no on the nolva and prescribed Evista instead.. Killer product bro
  17. New Member
    speed kills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    41.9%

    a little off subject, but does anyone know if taking raloxifene throught the entire cycle of letro, would make the letro less effective? cuz I heard that nolva does that
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AAS and liver cancer (not merely dmg)
    By rombusempire in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 01:19 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 02:10 AM
  3. tamox, torem, dna, liver cancer
    By pistonpump in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 01:24 PM
  4. Mandarins oranges 'cut liver cancer risk'
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 01:25 AM
  5. Orotic Acid a promoter of Liver Cancer?
    By Pax in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 12:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in