Any advice on using this stack? Aiming specifically for fat loss/muscle retention - AnabolicMinds.com

Any advice on using this stack? Aiming specifically for fat loss/muscle retention

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Question Any advice on using this stack? Aiming specifically for fat loss/muscle retention

First post here and very new to supplements in general, hoping to get some advice. My two big issues at this point are fat loss and muscle retention; I recently went through a period of being sick for about 7 weeks and lost a lot of weight (27 pounds) because I had no appetite and/or couldn't keep anything down. However, even with all that weight lost the fatty/flabby areas on my body are still as noticeable as ever and I feel considerably weaker physically which leads me to believe it was mostly muscle I was losing with all those lost pounds rather than fat. I don't really want to "bulk up," I just want to have fat targeted with my weight loss instead of muscle and I'm looking for supplements that could help with this. There are a few other health reasons behind why I'm looking into supplements but they aren't as important or relevant.

Anyway, here's what I've come up with so far...

Curcumin - Roughly 1300mg daily (650mg twice a day)
    --Taken for muscle regeneration, fat/weight loss and overall health benefits

L-Glutamine - 2000mg daily
    --Taken for muscle regeneration and prevention of muscle loss

L-Arginine - 1000mg daily
    --Taken to improve circulation as well as help with protein levels and prevention of muscle loss

Lecithin - 1200mg daily
    --Taken to improve brain function and for fat/weight loss

Zinc - 50mg daily
    --Taken for overall health benefits in general

Omega 3 Fish Oil - 3000mg daily
    --Taken for overall health benefits in general

I already take the Omega 3 daily and have for the past 6 months or so but I haven't taken any of the other 5 before, they just seemed like good choices to help with my issues; I wouldn't start taking them all at once but would probably instead start one, wait a week, start the next, wait another week and so on to make sure that if there are any negative reactions I would have an idea which is responsible. So yeah, any opinions on this supplement stack? Any potential contraindications or harmful interactions that may occur between one or more of the supplements in that list? Hearing some personal experiences from anyone who's taken any of these before would be great too. Thanks for any help.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

Good stack. Good job on adding Lecithin (I take lecithin granules as I like to chew 2 scoops a day) , I would also add Wheat Germ for overall health and Alpha Lipoic Acid.

Good Luck
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

how much protein are you having? are you doing any exercise?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    how much protein are you having? are you doing any exercise?
    I've been trying to drink a protein shake with 30g whey protein powder at least once a day and have been exercising about 3 times a week, usually biking or swimming.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ77 View Post
    I've been trying to drink a protein shake with 30g whey protein powder at least once a day and have been exercising about 3 times a week, usually biking or swimming.
    that surely is not the total amount of protein you are eating in a day. Where are your other sources-eggs, fish , chicken , turkey.

if you are cutting back on calories hoping to loose fat by not eating enough and therefore calorie deficient, your body goes into preserve mode and the metabolism slows down,
    If you are biking or swimming , both sports are a combination of anaerobic and aerobic exercise.Swimming is a resistance exercise so its bringing your muscles into play and also testing your aerobic capacity.Cycling is predominately aerobic but also leg strength comes into play -thighs and calves.
    In both you ought to be replenishing glycogen stores by eating carbs and the amino acid pool by drinking and eating protein.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. stack for fat loss retain muscle
    By Ironloo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 06:48 PM
  2. EC stack cause muscle loss?
    By ofwolfandman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 07:48 PM