Suspicious Supp Logs...

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
What do y'all think about supp logs by users that are new, have virtually no rep, and no past posts... I'm not going to name the thread, but there's one I've been looking at recently that seems pretty fake. I mean what are the chances of a legitimate new user on the site posting a GOOD log on a fairly potent product for experienced lifters? Slim to none...

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
so because someone is new to a site, that means they cant be a experienced lifter or user of supps or other things? I have lots of friends who are hard core weight lifters and are great with supps and their diets but have never touched a computer or posted in a forum. Not everyone is a internet junkie

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
so because someone is new to a site, that means they cant be a experienced lifter or user of supps or other things? I have lots of friends who are hard core weight lifters and are great with supps and their diets but have never touched a computer or posted in a forum. Not everyone is a internet junkie
Not at all what I said... I said what are the chances of a brand new user just jumping on the site and posting a GOOD supp log. I don't think many people would just get on AM and within a week start up a well put-together supp log. I very well could be wrong, that's why I just said it's "suspicious" and not "WATCH OUT FOR ALL THESE FAKE THREADS BY NEWBIES!"

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
are you trying to say, you think these people are pimpin a product? hence posting up a log that shows great results?

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Maybe they have log experience on other forums.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do y'all think about supp logs by users that are new, have virtually no rep, and no past posts... I'm not going to name the thread, but there's one I've been looking at recently that seems pretty fake. I mean what are the chances of a legitimate new user on the site posting a GOOD log on a fairly potent product for experienced lifters? Slim to none...
Having been one of those new users who started up a log when I first joined up here, I know that legitimate logs by new users can and have been done and done well - just because someone is new to the forum does not mean that they are new to either training or supplementation, which means that they could log virtually any product. Actually, my logs have NOT changed much re detail, layout, etc. from the first one I ever did - as a newbie to AM - to now (except I do not have the same amount of available time now as then, which is why they are not as anally detailed as they used to be), so yes, a newbie CAN start up and keep a "well put-together supp log".

~Team APPNUT

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Having been one of those new users who started up a log when I first joined up here, I know that legitimate logs by new users can and have been done and done well - just because someone is new to the forum does not mean that they are new to either training or supplementation, which means that they could log virtually any product. Actually, my logs have NOT changed much re detail, layout, etc. from the first one I ever did - as a newbie to AM - to now (except I do not have the same amount of available time now as then, which is why they are not as anally detailed as they used to be), so yes, a newbie CAN start up and keep a "well put-together supp log".

~Team APPNUT
Touche... Well I guess that just about wraps up this thread haha

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
I'm by no means a supplement conspiracy theorist that believes everyone out there is trying to sell me a bunk product. I just try to use caution because there are some products out there that are very falsely advertised and hyped up for the companies monetary gain.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
buyer beware. you as the reader have to judge for yourself the credibility of supp reviews. you cant know for sure their true background, etc.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...you as the reader have to judge for yourself the credibility of supp reviews...
^^^At the end of the day, this is the key. Just because a product worked like a miracle for someone or it bombed terribly, does not mean that either or will happen with you, since we are all different and respond differently to everything. The best thing you can do once reading reviews is to educate yourself on the product and the science behind it, and then make an informed decision.

~Team APPNUT

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
^^^At the end of the day, this is the key. Just because a product worked like a miracle for someone or it bombed terribly, does not mean that either or will happen with you, since we are all different and respond differently to everything. The best thing you can do once reading reviews is to educate yourself on the product and the science behind it, and then make an informed decision.

~Team APPNUT
my best advice to new members is to read your [rosie] logs, very honest opinions on how well a product worked for you. plus they will be almost certain to learn some things.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
I never go off just one persons log anyway. I read up completely and fully on a product. it better have multiple reviews and be a rep. company before i touch it and waste my money

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My logs that I did when I first started here on AM were MUCH more detailed than mine are now. Remain skeptical, but not EVERYone is out to get you...

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of shill "logs" over many internet forums. Some people either have the patience or payment incentive to sign up accounts through proxies, post in a few random threads to get their post count up and then review a product. They're then never seen or heard from again. I've seen this numerous times.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are you trying to say, you think these people are pimpin a product? hence posting up a log that shows great results?
its logs that contain 3-4 products from same company with daily updates, and not listing sponsored.

i saw one yesterday got kinda mad bc i cant even mentiuon my ****. but whatever. IDC. ill just continue to watch and see what ppls do. more fuel to the fire!

headend

Awards
Well everyone has to start somewhere. If it is a thorough log and has some updates and Q/A with it I would assume it's a new person and not necessarily a fake log to talk up a product.

I know that when I found AM I then found NP and was basically introduced to supps for the first time. I can see this happening to many people and them wanting to log some of their first supp purchases to be part of the community. It also wouldn't be hard to do a good log your first time if you had looked at a few good logs to see what to incorporate into the log. I also don't think that one would necessarily need to be experienced with supps to do a good log. Just my thoughts on it though.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well everyone has to start somewhere. If it is a thorough log and has some updates and Q/A with it I would assume it's a new person and not necessarily a fake log to talk up a product.

I know that when I found AM I then found NP and was basically introduced to supps for the first time. I can see this happening to many people and them wanting to log some of their first supp purchases to be part of the community. It also wouldn't be hard to do a good log your first time if you had looked at a few good logs to see what to incorporate into the log. I also don't think that one would necessarily need to be experienced with supps to do a good log. Just my thoughts on it though.
however these logs arent from a sponsor on the site, or a product carried in NP.

thats why its sketchy.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think one thing that is to be noted is well is if it is a sponsored log. Many companies as a requirement to running a log will request you to run it on multiple forums.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
idk Ive done a lot of logs n reviews, i just tell it how it is based off my experience with it.

you can usually tell a lot about someone by a few of their posts. usually they have same SN on different forms and are required to post up a log on a different forum as well. Id just check into both / most post counts n check it out.

if the guy is 135lbs n sayin its awesome... I would take w/ a grain of salt

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So the bottom line from the numerous post is don't blindly accept a log, critically analyze it. Everyone doesn't respond the same. New people can post good logs, don't be too quick to judge.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been a lot of trolls lately from companies that do not advertise here. Funny because its the same companies who contact me and ask about advertising on AM (but never do) then suddenly some new users show up pimping their products. Same ol' bull****, just a different year.

rankbull

rankbull

Awards
  • Established
Been a lot of trolls lately from companies that do not advertise here. Funny because its the same companies who contact me and ask about advertising on AM (but never do) then suddenly some new users show up pimping their products. Same ol' bull****, just a different year.

Coming from the man himself.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
It depends... if it is their first day on the forum, and their logging XYZ's newest product, and in their signature it says "Sponsored by XYZ," then something might be afoot! HAHA! ;)

Forums have long since been used as a soft sale propaganda machine by many companies in many industries... you just have to take a look at the members activity in full, and see if they are helpful, educated, and seem to be sincerely interested in providing accurate usable feedback.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
So the bottom line from the numerous post is don't blindly accept a log, critically analyze it. Everyone doesn't respond the same. New people can post good logs, don't be too quick to judge.
Bullseye!

underthesun

Awards
I tried my best to do a fair log of natadrol.. Posted pics, pro's n' con's. Have been a lurker for years, but there has been so much cool stuff coming out lately that I thought running a few logs would increase my chances on being a beta tester for the new stuff.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm by no means a supplement conspiracy theorist that believes everyone out there is trying to sell me a bunk product. I just try to use caution because there are some products out there that are very falsely advertised and hyped up for the companies monetary gain.
In many ways the questions you raised are and should be considered reasonable.

A lot of consumers don't make their product choices based on "sponsored" logs, or rep recommendations, those are merely advertisements from individuals directly tied to a company, so relatively speaking, there are vested interests involved. Now does that mean that said product is ineffective? Absolutely not. But I've seen many product reviews, where numerous individuals sign up on the same day, all leaving positive reviews, never to be heard from again, with respect to reviewing any other product line, that's fishy.

Conspiracy theories aside, it's healthy to have a bit of skepticism as it pertains to the supplement industry. Money spent on supplements is about improving ourselves and our lives, not towards the direct support of any one company.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
if it is a product i am interested in i read several logs and see if they are consistent with reported results. the longer you are on the boards the more you learn who does good honest logs that you can trust-but even then you can't be sure that you will respond the same, but it is a good marker that you won't be wasting money on a bogus product.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sometimes I find a little joy in people who give bad reviews. It makes them more credible. Its hard to receive a sponsored log and give that product a bad review but if you are honest it will help the company out and the consumers.....rather than just saying oh I loved the product everytime you log something. No product is perfect.