ALCAR and antioxidants

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Does your antiox dose and the ALCAR dose have to be at the same time of day? Or is it fine to take them apart? Right now I am using No-xidant as my antiox support and it says for example on training days use after my workout. Well obviously the ALCAR would be taken pre-workout. Also, ALCAR should be taken on an empty stomach, about 15-20 min before a meal., should the antioxidants be taken on an empty stomach as well, or are they better absorbed w/ food?

Just trying to figure this all out to counteract the increased free radicals from the ALCAR.

Thanks

MrDeadlift

Awards
I would take them apart. ALCAR part of a pre-workout supplementation. As for Antioxidant it is a good idea to split the dosage into two serving. One during the day, and one later in the evening or after your workout.
Now, depending on the formula/ingredients you take for your antioxidant you could either take with food or on an empty stomach. The antioxidant that I take for example called Defense Armour 24, which has certain ingredients better absorbed in an empty stomach such as Beta 1,3Glucan. What I do, I take one serving after a meal during the day because of the large B-complex serving providing me with all day energy, and another serving after my workout with my post workout mix semi-empty stomach. Helps me recover quicker.
So, again depending on the product, make sure you follow the instructions since they are given based on the formula/ingredients used.
Good Luck