Pseudoephedrine HCL ???

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Hey gang,

I'm at work and I was just waiting for my oatmeal to finish cooking when I decided to rummage through the Medicine/First-Aid cabinet at work and saw that one of the over-the-counter cold medicines had Pseudoephedrine HCL as the main ingredient (30 mg, to be exact).

How closely related is pseudoephedrine to ephedrine???

Since there is an ephedrine ban, I wonder if this could be used in any fat-burning regimen.

Thanks,

Gumbo

Jay Mc

Awards
psuedoephedrine isn't as effective as ephedrine. You realize ephedrine wasn't banned. It was ephedra and supplements containing it. You can still purchase Ephedrine HCL in OTC products aimed at the treatment of congestion.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
psuedoephedrine isn't as effective as ephedrine. You realize ephedrine wasn't banned. It was ephedra and supplements containing it. You can still purchase Ephedrine HCL in OTC products aimed at the treatment of congestion.
Ahhhhh....cool. Thanks for the clarification.

Gumbo

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established
Why isn't as effect as ephedrine? Do you have any articles to show this? What exactly is the difference between the two? Psuedoephedrine is also the ingredient in Sudafed, which gives me ephedra like effects whenever I take it...But can psuedoephedrine still be used as a decent fatburner? (I have an assload of Pseudoephedrine HCL packets).

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
Pseudoephedrine is an isomer of ephedrine. They differ in arrangements of their atoms in space. This causes them to act on differently on receptors. Ephedrine is more of a beta adrenergic agonist which causes the anti-asthmatic effect and the fat burning effect. Wheras Pseudoephedrine is more of an alpha adrenergic receptor agonist, which leads to decongesting the nasal passages. However pseudoephedine still activates beta receptors to some degree and may have a small effect on fat burning. Save it for a stuffy nose b/c it will not help that much with fat burning.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Yep what they said :)

Made the mistake of seeing it in a gas station for only $8 and said WOW give me 2

It wasn't til I got home I realized it was NOT the real ephedrine :(

Gotta look closer at those things lol

The real ephedrine was like 4 times the price I believe

CROWLER

MiKeY ReSp

Awards
  • Established

Made the mistake of seeing it in a gas station for only $8 and said WOW give me 2

CROWLER
LOL! This was the same mistake I had...o well..at least I have it for a cold lol...thanks for all the clariffications guys! Always a great help here @ AM!!

Rx Lift

Banned
Awards
  • Established
there is an article in mind and muscle magazine on its use for weight loss, you should check it out

jet11

Awards
real ephedrine is like $6 for 30 tabs at a pharmacy

pseudoephedrine is near useless for fat burning, unless you extract it and concentrate it, but then your basically starting the process to cook meth and no one wants to be caught doing that

protomike

protomike

Awards
  • Established

CROWLER
lucky... the last time i went to get some ephedrine, mind you this was about three months ago. the gas station sold me a bottle that said ephedrine plus and it was freakin caffine pills cut with vitamin c for about $7 per bottle. that really sucked. i rather have had psuedo so i could keep it on hand for a cold...

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
pseudoephedrine's not to bad as a pre-workout stim at about 120 mg. Less jitters than E. I've heard the fat-burning effects are minimal as well, though.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
real ephedrine is like $6 for 30 tabs at a pharmacy

pseudoephedrine is near useless for fat burning, unless you extract it and concentrate it, but then your basically starting the process to cook meth and no one wants to be caught doing that
That is what it used to cost around here that was until Oct 1st.

CROWLER

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I buy Bronkaid. 24 tablets, they contain 25mg ephedrine and 400mg of guafanestein (not spelled right) I picked it up for under 6 bucks at Rite Aid

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I thought Bronkaid only had 5mg of Ephedrine

CROWLER

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Ehedrine was sold in supp stores as a decongestant before its wide spread stim use, i could be wrong but i remember thinking WTF is a decongestant gonna do for me and that was the begginging of a two year love affair.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
The box I picked up today has 25mg..

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
SWEET!

I will be looking, THANKS

You had to show ID and sign their log book?

CROWLER

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
Well I went to Rite Aid and they just make you swipe your ID through a scanner. I know my friend who buys it at Eckert Drug makes you sign a book, I guess places are different.