Amino Acid Supplement Advise - AnabolicMinds.com

Amino Acid Supplement Advise

1. thsim26

Amino Acid Supplement Advise

Ok I have been researching amino acids lately. I found that there are 10 essential Amino Acids. They are : Arginine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Trypophan, and Valine. Which ones should be taken together. Is it safe to take more than one or all? Are some not even necessary? Advisory Needed!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

You get all the EAA's together when you eat any form of meat...

Just eat dietary protein and supplement with whey protein if desired.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You get plenty of Amino Acids through out the day. When you eat, if you take a multivitamin like Animal Packs, an intra workout supplement like Purple Wraath, or etc etc etc.
    •   

4. thsim26

Well i don't eat beef or pork.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Yes it is safe to take them all, you actually do when you drink your protein shake or eat your chicken, eggs, or milk. Your body also breaks down tissue (not just muscle tissue) and recycle its aminos to build other tissues.

Essential refers to the amino acids the body cannot make on its own from other amino acids. But american diet is rich with them in any case, unless you're veggie.

You can mega dose some if you like, depending on what is it you're trying to achieve.
  6. Board Sponsor

Most of the positive lean muscle growth benefits associated with amino acids is due to Leucine above all else. Leucine triggers the mTOR cascade, which in turn stimulates protein synthesis.
  7. thsim26

BCAA 5000 - 150 CAPSULES
    GABA (500mg) - 150 Capsules (For Relaxation and Sleeping)
    GLUTAMINE - 500 GRAMS
    Beta Alanine 500mg - 150 Capsules
    L-Carnitine Ethyl Ester 500mg - 150 Capsules- I don't eat Red Meat!

The following Amino Acids are the few that I have found suitable and appropriate for goals. I am planning on taking each periodically throughout the day and in rotation throughout the cycle. Any advise or unknown precautions with these supplements. Thankss
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.

pretty safe to take all 8, since there are 8 essential aminos, and other are non essential, depending on who you talk to glutamine, and one other are semi-essential,
    you can take all 8 together safely without absorption problems, add in glutamine, or others and your screwing oyurself, aminos compete,

dont overthink it too much, if oyu want aminos for workout time jsut grab some BCA as they are most responsible for growth, i use IBCAA from primordial for mine
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

From the list you posted, I would only go with the BCAAs and Beta Alanine. Even those, being in capsule form means you will be taking low dose to notice benefits. What are the serviing sizes?
  10. thsim26

I was going with what this site says:

articlealley.c0m/article_652433_23. html

And yea i thought capsules would be easier. Should i take the powder instead?
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thsim26 View Post

NP bulk is the way to go. Cheaper & more effective.
  12. UKStrength

Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    pretty safe to take all 8, since there are 8 essential aminos, and other are non essential, depending on who you talk to glutamine, and one other are semi-essential,
    you can take all 8 together safely without absorption problems, add in glutamine, or others and your screwing oyurself, aminos compete,

dont overthink it too much, if oyu want aminos for workout time jsut grab some BCA as they are most responsible for growth, i use IBCAA from primordial for mine
    Agreed. You should get plenty of the EAAs from your diet although there is some newly arising research to show that BCAA supplementation between your main meals can help to keep protein synthesis elevated for longer, a perfect way to do this would be to add BCAAs to your water and sip between meals
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

The article just states some known benefits of amino acids. It is written to promote the site that sells them. all the links are to buy from their store, so it is mostly promotional and I would not put much weight on it.

You get plenty of amino acids from your diet if you're eating at or above maintenance so I would not worry too much about it. Milk, chicken, tuna, protein shakes, etc all contain wide spectrum of amino acids including those listed in these articles.

The body has a pool of amino acids circulating all the time from food and brokendown tissue. The question becomes, is there benefit from additional supplementation?

I would experiment with beta alanine and maybe BCAAs. But I would concentrate on pre and post meals more.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.

IMO, these are the only ones worth trying:

AEE
    Beta-Alanine
    GABA

Whey should cover everything else.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I personally use IBCAA's, I've used xtend in the past but I am now prefering the IBCAA's, they mix a little easier and are flavorless so when mixed with my other intraworkout and postworkout supps it goes down easy.
  16. thsim26

Thanks everyone for the advise! Through research and time I have come by some stacks with multiple Amino Acids.

They are: Alpha Amino Prototype 216
    Super Amino 18
    IBCAA by Primordial

So I am asking everyone which 1 out of the 3 should I run? If u will, choose the one you would prefer the most and share. Thanks!
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

IBCAA's will give you the most bang for your buck in my opinion. And primordial performance is a stand up company, I don't have any experience with any of those other products so I can't comment.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Thanks everyone for the advise! Through research and time I have come by some stacks with multiple Amino Acids.

They are: Alpha Amino Prototype 216
    Super Amino 2222
    Super Amino 18
    IBCAA

So I am asking everyone which 1 out of the 4 should I run? If u will, choose the one you would prefer the most and share. Thanks!
    Why the redundancy in the amino products? also Alpha Amino prototype is a muscleTech product and overpriced for nothing.

If you want to order amino acids, then get:

BCAA + EAA from http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/l....html?sel=2438

- OR -
    AjiPure BCAA, you can get 1lb for $19 online. You may need to google for it.
    EAAs from some place reputable, I like Beverly International Density http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/b...l/density.html

If you like, read up on this forum on Beta Alanine. If you decide to take it, then get the powder and cap it yourself. I like to cap powders and I end up capping everything myself. Much cheaper.
  19. thsim26

So i think I should take lBCAA by Primordial, Density, Beta Alanine, and GABA for post workout too. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help everybody!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

One... don't expect to get big on them

Gaining size is a function of nutrition and rest. If you're not eating big, you won't gain size. All what these do is give you a very little advantage.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.

A good product with a good mix of EAA/BCAA (5 g/5 g) is Vassive-EA8 from Optimum Nutrition. I tried it in the past pretty solid. Another good one is Purple Wrath from Controlled Labs. For the price though, I would stick with Vassive-EA8.
  22. New Member

There is a great article written by Layne Norton in his research studies about the timing of BCAA's. Seems to be best taken inbetween meals, with further time spacing between your feastings. A quality product besides the ones usually mentioned would be dymatize recoup with Ajipure BCAA's.
  23. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

IBCAA by Primordial features AjiPure BCAAs.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Ok I have been researching amino acids lately. I found that there are 10 essential Amino Acids. They are : Arginine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Leucine, lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Trypophan, and Valine. Which ones should be taken together. Is it safe to take more than one or all? Are some not even necessary? Advisory Needed!
    Is it safe to take more than one my man. if you have a whey protein drink you just hade them all. (mostly anyway)

there would be no issue man.
    I add in PP's IBCAA;s into my needtowhey (whey protein) all the time with no issues.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Shouldn't have to worry about safety, personally I do ibcaa's with gatorade and waxy maize powder, wait about 15-20 minutes then whey with skim milk, if you are into nutrient timing and what quick carbs and amino acids immediately postworkout followed by whey is recommended, however plenty of guys have gotten by just fine with just whey and fruit.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Amino Acid Supplement?
    By AnthonyIOSOS in forum Supplements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 12:48 PM
  2. My Amino Acid log
    By NOG in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 07:03 AM
  3. Amino Acid inquiry
    By ryane87 in forum Supplements