cytomel and receptors

tsantsa

Awards
I was reading that cytomel upregulates the beta 2 receptors. My wife is on it (through the doctor) and has been complaining that she doesn't feel like it's doing as much as the first couple of months she was taking it. She doesn't have an appointment for another 2 months, so I just wanted to get some opinions here.

Should she try some benedryl to clean the receptors? I know that is needed for clen because of downregulation, but is it useful for upregulation? What if she were to add clen/albuterol for a week, or does that just complicate things? I'm thinking the benedryl would help, but I don't really know...which is why I am asking!

reptone

Awards
  • Established
I`m interested because I will be starting in a few weeks. See my T3 thread. You might get some info there.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I was reading that cytomel upregulates the beta 2 receptors. My wife is on it (through the doctor) and has been complaining that she doesn't feel like it's doing as much as the first couple of months she was taking it. She doesn't have an appointment for another 2 months, so I just wanted to get some opinions here.

Should she try some benedryl to clean the receptors? I know that is needed for clen because of downregulation, but is it useful for upregulation? What if she were to add clen/albuterol for a week, or does that just complicate things? I'm thinking the benedryl would help, but I don't really know...which is why I am asking!
T3 upregulates beta receptors, but it doesn't not act directly upon them to induce NE/E release. There is no need for the benedryl.

What exactly is she hoping to achieve? If fat loss has stalled then she should look at her diet and maybe take some calories off.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed. I am curious to as to what she is looking to achieve from complete hormonal replacement; what is she lacking?

Mike