Those Detour Bars you Love So Much

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Hope no one really eats these or has recently bought any.....these are the lab results of them, thanks to Miggy @ CEM for having them tested and looking out for us....what a scam this turned out to be:

Lab results:

protein- 19.5g

fat- 13.2g

carbs- 34.2g

sugar- 19.4g

Detour Bar:

protein- 32g

fat- 9g

carbs- 21g

sugar- 6g

**Ouch

pudgy

Awards
thankfully ive never tried them. is thier a consensus on this board about the best bar. the only ones ive tried are metrx , powerbar pure protein , and eas. i could care about taste (to a degree) as long as im getting what im paying for.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I tried one and yes they are good, but I knew at first bite they couldn't be that tasty with the amount of sugar and fat listed. I am surprised that the protein gms are so far off, as Next has always had a great reputation for quality control.

Last edited:

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
1fast will have his results of the same product within weeks he said so I'll be looking forward to that......

They taste like a Snickers bar aye? No damn wonder, might as well have the snickers.

Attachments

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
1fast will have his results of the same product within weeks he said so I'll be looking forward to that......

They taste like a Snickers bar aye? No damn wonder, might as well have the snickers.
Note that Mike says his results refute the results from that other guy...

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thankfully ive never tried them. is thier a consensus on this board about the best bar. the only ones ive tried are metrx , powerbar pure protein , and eas. i could care about taste (to a degree) as long as im getting what im paying for.
Most bars are junk food really. Too many carbs, glycerin, and sugar. I like them when I am on the road as they are probably better than fast food. My personal favorite right now is the REAL protein bar, good taste, but bland enough to make the 3 gms of sugar they list more believeable. Also main ingredients are whey isolate and hydrolyzed whey, with no added colagen. They were discounting the lemon and chocalate rum cake flavors from $2.99 to $.99 apiece at MM the other day, so I bought 3 boxes. They were only a couple of months old, and will last me a year or more. They were not selling at all. Not enough sugar! They don't taste like a candy bar. Sheeeeze!!

I also like the Met-Rx protein Plus bars, and they are cheapest at Wal-Mart. Best tasting are Nitro-Tech and Labrada, but they are almost as sweet as Detour and after these results, I would be skeptical of their sugar content. :rolleyes:

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I rarely eat protein bars anymore, but when I do its usually Myoplex Deluxe or Pure Protein. Like Benz said, they're not intended as meal replacements, merely desperation meals. Better than fast food, never better than dry oats cover with flax and a can of tuna ;)

u4ik_rage

Awards
Nature's Best also had them tested and it came out even worse:
17 fat
30+ carb
9 protein

I posted this on EF last week.

MySoulFindsRest

Awards
Good grief. This is so annoying. The local nutrition store owner knows of 3 companies or whatever who've tested them, and they are fine. Now, there is two on here that say not good, and Mike says good. Goodness Gracious.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Good grief. This is so annoying. The local nutrition store owner knows of 3 companies or whatever who've tested them, and they are fine.
Of course he does, let me guess, he sells them :rolleyes:

You can taste them and know theyre full of sugar....

CerealKiller

Awards
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any standards in the supplement industry and even less integrity. A company can put whatever they want on a label in hopes of satisfying the customer knowing full well you have to take their word or spend $500 on a lab test to disprove them. It really is an open market for fraudulent companies.

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
MySoulFindsRest, Just ask yourself which one of these people would stand to gain most from tests showing accurate label claims. One test, okaaayyy; but 3 tests...... Next he will be offering you some swampland...cheap. :rolleyes:

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
WTF. Isnt this false advertising?
Sue for the fat we gained...

Thanks to Mike for being on the lookout.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I'll say it one more time:

The only bars worth eating are the ones in Wardog's recipe! :)

(Unless you're on the freeway, lax in your bar-making duties, in the rain, miles from home, find a little store, and haven't eaten for 4 hours) :D

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I wanted to try them once, but the GNC at my job had a big recall on them.. They said they didn't meet label claims.. At least I could get a regular Snickers at CVS.. ;)

Nelson

Less Supplements / More Food

When I started out bb I used a lot more MRP`s and bars for meals.
But recently I have found myself using less & less.
I feel more comfortable eating something like a chicken breast, tuna or salmon even though it means more preparation time.
At least I have a better idea that way what the `true` nutrtional value of the food is that I`m putting into my body.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Re: Less Supplements / More Food

When I started out bb I used a lot more MRP`s and bars for meals.
But recently I have found myself using less & less.
I feel more comfortable eating something like a chicken breast, tuna or salmon even though it means more preparation time.
At least I have a better idea that way what the `true` nutrtional value of the food is that I`m putting into my body.
Hear ya, I'm glad I never bought those bars to begin with.

pudgy

Awards
thanks for the info. i usually have one bar for a meal a day. i saw the recipe ill give it a try.

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
I'll say it one more time:

The only bars worth eating are the ones in Wardog's recipe! :)

(Unless you're on the freeway, lax in your bar-making duties, in the rain, miles from home, find a little store, and haven't eaten for 4 hours) :D
ow ow!! wardog's bars = the ****. i love 'em.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Found this 'over there' from a member here....

"YellowJacket said it all on anabolicminds.com: "You can taste them and know they're full of sugar." I'm guessing we're disregarding the already discussed topic of Splenda and how it's nearly identical in taste to sugar. "

Im not sure if you're trying to be a smartass or what....but you can taste the sugar.....and its obvious by the feedback my friend, IT IS SUGAR. So if you have something to say with my name included, feel free to post it over here like a man, 10-4?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
Im not sure if you're trying to be a smartass or what.... if you have something to say with my name included, feel free to post it over here like a man, 10-4?
Ouch! :eek:

:D

MySoulFindsRest

Awards

Of course he does, let me guess, he sells them :rolleyes:

You can taste them and know theyre full of sugar....

Yep, he does sell them. But at the same time, if I can't trust him, how can I trust anyone in a business(BDC included)? I know the guy, and certain circumstances he's brought around(suing companies and whatnot.) Not a slam at BDC, just making a point. So, just cuz he sells them, doesn't mean anything.

BTW everyone, YJ said that line "you can taste the sugar in them" in a response to my post, but that wasn't me who made the slam at him, just to let y'all know.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
My results will be posted within 24/48 hours. I just needed them double checked.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket

Not that my rant is over, Im off to grab some Snickers bars, Im bulking, Ha! :D
King-sized, brother!! King-sized is the only way to peaks to scare freaks!! :D

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by bigpetefox

King-sized, brother!! King-sized is the only way to peaks to scare freaks!! :D
haha, Pete's got all the lines! ;) :D

Thanks Mike, just read, interesting indeed. :)

RippedUp

Awards
Originally posted by John Benz

For now I will take that test with a grain of salt. If it looks like a snickers bar and tastes like a snickers bar.....:confused:

You shouldn't be eating bars anyway..

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
RippedUp,

Good to see you over here. I wish you would drop in longer and participate more. I have great respect for your knowledge of nutrition. :)

John

RippedUp

Awards
Thanks a bunch, John. You're a cool friend in my book.

For the board, you know my thoughts.

Take care bro.

u4ik_rage

Awards
Okay, I don't know what to believe on these bars. I've heard 2 Nature's Best reps tell me the label was way off and even gave me the numbers. Mike from 1fast is very reputable and he pulls in too much to jeopardize it with a fake study to sell more bars.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway, because I generally stay away from prepackaged bars. I'll just make my own with the recipe on here and save mucho dinero.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I just took a box and sent it to the lab. I have a published report. I have yet to see a copy of the real lab report from these other testings. Once they furnish those, then I would begin to trust them.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I just took a box and sent it to the lab. I have a published report. I have yet to see a copy of the real lab report from these other testings. Once they furnish those, then I would begin to trust them.
It is fursnished. At CuttingEdgeMuscle.com.

Anabolic

Awards
1fast400, any idea when Muscle Milk will be tested? I'm sure many are curious to see if they meet label claims.

Kow

Awards
So if you're anything like the rest of the online supplement world...you take Mike's studies to be absolutely correct (Protein Factory's protein, Biotest's whatever kind of protein he tested, Prolab's NLarge2, etc.), but when it comes to this, you doubt it? And why do you doubt it? Because a member that you deify says that he tastes more than 6g (or 14g) of sugar?

It's funny seeing you guys pick and choose which things you want to and don't want to believe.

-Kow

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
No what was said was there are two conflicting reports on the dang bars and to me that means that it needs to be tested again or something isn't right with one of the tests. And I believe that was what was said.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I still have yet to see a real posted lab report of the other testing. Saying you have a lab report and not posting it is a little odd. You also have to look at the origin of the other "report".

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
This will not be settled until we have another report from a different testing company who can corroborate the conflicting finding one way or the other. There is nothing more to "debate" until then.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Totally agree with you on that Jake and that was what I was trying to point out.