Creatine monohydrate

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
With all the fancy creatines out now, does plain old creatine monohydrate compare? Is it still believed that you have to load with CM?

Opinions?

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Creatine Mono is still golden. I don't think loading is necessary, it'll just take longer to saturate.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
With all the fancy creatines out now, does plain old creatine monohydrate compare? Is it still believed that you have to load with CM?

Opinions?
I still use the good old creatine mono and prefer it really.. And as far as loading, IMO i think as long as you take it day in and out the results are the same in the end.

pressmaster

Awards
I think it definitely works good and for the price it can't be beat.But if it's the comparison to the kre-alkalyn and other gastric-bypassing creatines we r talking about then no.If only for the simple fact that it makes most ppl stomachs jact. I used to take it n loading cycles and everything and stopped so I have a tub of it leftover and i figured I would use it n between kre-alkalyn cycles..... I have only been using it at 5grams pre-wo and my stomach is just all jact up on it which really sux and I'm not a biatch about supps and sides but I don't think i would ever take it b4 a competition or nething.Also the stomach bloating is supposed to be caused by the inefficiency of the mono n the stomach so that is something to think about.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Opinions?
Creatine monohydrate is the most tested and tried and true supplement available. You cannot, however, compare a straight creatine monohydrate product to a creatine product that has other effects (i.e. like NeoVar Recomped, which is also a nutrient repartitioner; or Cre-02, which provides endurance enhancement, etc.). Is a straight creatine product going to give you all those other effects? No. But it IS going to do what it was intended for.

Creatine loading is entirely up to the individual and is NOT necessary. It's a personal preference thing - all it is designed for is to build your muscle creatine levels up to their threshold faster than say using 5g daily, which does it over ~3 weeks as opposed to a week dosed at 20g/day. Once you have reached your creatine muscle threshold levels, you canNOT increased them further.

~Team APPNUT

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im kinda hooked on creapure right now.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
Creatine monohydrate is the most tested and tried and true supplement available. You cannot, however, compare a straight creatine monohydrate product to a creatine product that has other effects (i.e. like NeoVar Recomped, which is also a nutrient repartitioner; or Cre-02, which provides endurance enhancement, etc.). Is a straight creatine product going to give you all those other effects? No. But it IS going to do what it was intended for.

Creatine loading is entirely up to the individual and is NOT necessary. It's a personal preference thing - all it is designed for is to build your muscle creatine levels up to their threshold faster than say using 5g daily, which does it over ~3 weeks as opposed to a week dosed at 20g/day. Once you have reached your creatine muscle threshold levels, you canNOT increased them further.

~Team APPNUT

I can't even say sh!t, cause she just nailed it!

OK I can say something. I like creatine mono cause its very cheap and it works but I've never tried any other kind of creatine. I like to load for couple of day and maintain by taking 10g a day. I rather take too much rather than too little plus its like $15 for 200 servings.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
im hooked on creapure also!
pp's creapure is a decent price.
I add extra to my ASGT and PostWO drink.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Me three, hooked on Creapure too. Strength on my shoulder press is up by around 20lb's in the last 3 weeks and feel less fatigued when pushing my final rep's towards the end of each set. Got another 12-16 week supply of it to run through, cant wait :)

Creatine Monohydrate is the most well researched and studied form of Creatine out there. Stick to it and you cant go wrong.